Bike Stolen Just Now? Mounts Bay Road Bike Parking CBD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike Stolen Just Now? Mounts Bay Road Bike Parking CBD

Just been talking to a mate who was walking back to his bike at the Mounts Bay Road / Fwy Exit parking lot in the city. Apparently he saw 2 men load a bike in to the back of a trailer (side down) and "speed off with it". He said he was too far away to make out the number plate unfortunately. Only info he had of the bike was that it had a white pillion seat. The rest was obscured by the trailer.

Update: The car was possibly a white Holden Commodore.

Sorry for being light on with details. I'll post more if I hear anything else. Maybe go and check on your bikes if you get a chance.

I'm in the city until around 5:30 - 6:00ish if someone needs a lift home tonight to the Vic Park area.

edit: corrected location and added bike & car details
    Last edited by Markius; 20-12-2013, 01:53 PM.
    In the absence of light, darkness prevails...

Fark...
    Won't be my bike, as she's pretty taty right now... but have passed round to mates who park there also. will head down and check it out later, cheers for the update.

Comment

Is it just me or has the Mounts Bay Rd bike parking area basically just become a one stop shop for bike thieves? I mean, we keep seeing threads like these week after week.

How many complaints do we have to give to the council in order to get some fucking CCTV or something down there?
      "Who the hell steals a Ninja 250?"
      "People who enjoy the rush of theft but dislike the rush of speed..."

Comment

IF he knows which direction it went maybe there is other CCTV in the vicinity he could check out. Would be pretty obvious. Car with trailer and bike on it's side. There has to be more people that have seen it. Definitely something people would notice driving down the freeway etc.
        If the report isn't up on Perth Crime Reports FB page do so. That sites had a fair amount of luck with people posting about seeing random stuff like that which have lead to successful outcomes.
        Crippo.

Comment

Originally posted by ms_enj View Post
          How many complaints do we have to give to the council in order to get some fucking CCTV or something down there?
          Spend money on something they don't make money on?

lolwut

Comment

That was my bike, a white wr250x. Nothing heard yet from the police.

And to top it off my racer just got nicked this morning from outside my office. 2 bikes gone.

I've had enough of this city.

Comment

Originally posted by Randomman View Post
              Spend money on something they don't make money on?
              easier to use the community to be the police

Originally posted by kndkris View Post
              only becoming more and more frequent at mounts bay, really are becoming more brazen a guy had all his belongings stolen inside kfc on William st in the city shit loads of people around nobody saw a thing
              Last edited by Halo_2; 11-01-2014, 04:26 AM.
              "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

Originally posted by kndkris View Post
                That was my bike, a white wr250x. Nothing heard yet from the police.

And to top it off my racer just got nicked this morning from outside my office. 2 bikes gone.

hey do you need any help? lift anywhere or home? work in south perth but have car here and can help with lift home if you live south of river
                RR #137

Supported by [/IMG]

Comment

Hey thanks for the offer, I can take the bus though.

Comment

Today, rocked up to mounts bay road at 7.10am, parked up and noticed the bike in fronts rear light on. Had a quick look, and noticed that the rider had pulled out the key without actually switching the bike 'off'. i.e. i could probably have started it up again with the switch.

Ive switched it to off with my key (just a quick little tick over, guessed my key might work and it did) but we really shouldn't be making it this easy for bike thieves.
                    Bike was an old kwaka.... but not giving any more deets in a public forum...

BTW, kndkris... unlucky man... hope shit gets sorted out for oyu...

Comment

Originally posted by Halo_2 View Post
                      a guy had all his belongings stolen inside kfc on William st in the city shit loads of people around nobody saw a thing
                      Why did a guy have all his belongings in a KFC?

Comment

Originally posted by n8balls View Post
                        Why did a guy have all his belongings in a KFC?
                        maybe he doesn't like HJ's?

Comment

Suitcase nicked traveling from melbourne they wouldn't let him see the camera footage either.
                          "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

Working...
                          X