New Motorsport complex near pinjarra

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Motorsport complex near pinjarra

Please let this be true...although the start of the article reads as though it's a road bike track it ends as though it's catering more toward dirt bikes

Plan for new motorsport complex - Yahoo!7

The proposal is to cater towards all disciplines...
    Sponsored by:

Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE

Comment

anymore news on this??

Comment

About 10 years away
        Win Free stuff on Thunderbird Racing's Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderbird View Post
          About 10 years away
          Sadly I think you're right. The State Government has now refused to offer any assistance as they see Barbagallo as the home of all road based motorsport including us motorcyclists.

Make sure your estate planning is in order, up to date will and perhaps a pre paid funeral plan.
          I'll be riding for you #52, my dear son, Cameron Taylor Elliott 1985-2009
          2008 CBR600RR and 2010 GSXR750 Track Bikes, KTM530EXC Enduro bike wrist breaker

Comment

Originally posted by Scott52 View Post
            Sadly I think you're right. The State Government has now refused to offer any assistance as they see Barbagallo as the home of all road based motorsport including us motorcyclists.

Make sure your estate planning is in order, up to date will and perhaps a pre paid funeral plan.
            Your wishes may come true Scott, I have heard the rumour mill has all the walls will be moved back for rider safety and the track extensions are going ahead.
            Possibly all done in 3 years.

Comment

Whatever they do to Barbs - it simply isn't big enough.

Until we get a proper sized circuit that meets international standards, we're never going to get any big events.
              “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
                Whatever they do to Barbs - it simply isn't big enough.

Until we get a proper sized circuit that meets international standards, we're never going to get any big events.
                We live in Perth we are never going to get big events, not enough people here.
                When barbs is finished it will be plenty big enough.

Comment

They're going to add 2.5km of track?

edit:
                  don't get me wrong, i like the place, but it is just not big enough.

"It's WA, we'll never get anything big enough" = not with that attitude you won't. If the Argentinians can get motogp in the middle of fucking nowhere, I'm sure we can get something similar near perth.
                  “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Yes they are adding to the track, should be double the length when all stages are finished.

Comment

I say Bring it on
                      K1 Bandit 1200S,

Comment

Originally posted by marras View Post
                        We live in Perth we are never going to get big events, not enough people here.
                        2.5 million people, build it and they will come.

When barbs is finished it will be plenty big enough.
                        Its still a shithole compared to other tracks in australia and around the world.
                        Last edited by Halo_2; 14-05-2014, 07:17 AM.
                        "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

Yes they are adding to the track, should be double the length when all stages are finished.
                          Thing that worries me is the hire rates will increase considerably for the full track so either some providers will either go for one of the shorter layouts anyway ( and wouldn't be surprised if wascc push for this tho maximize revenue ) or prices for riders go up noticeably and require more riders per day to break even.

Can see a day at the track getting to expensive for a lot of the semi regular non racers.
                          The Bend

Hurry Up!!!

Comment

Having a bigger/longer track will mean more riders can be on it at the same time without too much issue.
                            I think the 'release' of riders onto the track for things like trakdayz etc can just be staggered slightly initially to get the spread out, but I don't see why we should have to pay more (much more at least) in the long run if more riders are able to attend this way.
                            The only problem then would be that the pits we use would have to be extended also to cater for more attendees.

Comment

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...omplex-168796/
                              Note: this may not be the universe where the above is relevant.

Comment

Working...
                              X