Road works - mundaring weir road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road works - mundaring weir road

Just a heads up there is a fairly long stretch of road works on mundaring weir road. This is on the mundaring side of the pub and stretches from the roundabout just before the pub back towards mundaring. Maybe 1-2kms in length.

Although there is a bit of loose gravel across the surface, it's generally pretty well graded and compacted red dirt so not to difficult to ride on.

Saw a few riders gojng the other way looking particularly nervous so thought it would be worth a heads up.

It's fun!! I had to not be tempted to go faster.
    Did it twice in the last couple of weeks and we took the Fire ride through there on the weekend.
    Don't hesitate people, just do it! You'll be a better rider for these types of skill testers.

Comment

If riding on unsealed compacted red dirt is your thing then there's more to be had on Kingsbury Drive, the end closer to the South West Hwy. Bit shorter than the Weir's but gradient is steeper I reckon. Not my thing, I hate the possibility of flinging shit all over the bike and my leathers, but each to their own I suppose.

Comment

Piss funny thread..red dirt...ha hahhahahhahah .

you can practice skids in a safe enviroment....you know you want too.

^^^^^( BTW..you can hose the dirt off the bike and leathers' if ya need to man)^^^^ tends to bake onto headers' but.....
        " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Comment

Was out there last night for the Aussie day Jimmy Barnes gig, road was ok and no po po in sight.

Comment

Originally posted by RallyFan View Post
            If riding on unsealed compacted red dirt is your thing then there's more to be had on Kingsbury Drive, the end closer to the South West Hwy. Bit shorter than the Weir's but gradient is steeper I reckon. Not my thing, I hate the possibility of flinging shit all over the bike and my leathers, but each to their own I suppose.
            Haha That's funny given your avatar!

Comment

A couple weeks ago when I was out there, they had the water tanker on site and the nice red dirt was mud. It certainly kept things interesting. The bike was nice and pretty afterwards too.

Comment

Yeah - went through there this morning and last Saturday - both shortly after the gravel was watered. No problems but like Felicity Kendal's underwear, my bike needs a good wash!

VYVYAN BASTERD
                Get out of the way, Neil! Me and machinery have a very special understanding. Now then, don't give me any gyp, you bastard. [All the machines close on them] Oh dear! [clears throat] This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence. [to machine] Oh, la-di-dah! Look what I found in my laundry bag! All of Felicity Kendal's underwear, and it needs a good wash!

Comment

Working...
                X