Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rider down kwinana freeway

Rider down north bound just after Thomas rd

Blue and white gsxr I think it was . Helmets off resting his leg on it. Car has stopped not sure any other details.

Also spotted a dick head truck driver swerving around and yelling abuse to the bikes filtering and blocking them. Beware of him

Saw this heading southbound around the same time. Older SRAD GSXR it looked like to me. Was up on its stand, no ambos around.
    Radio says its been cleared now.

Comment

Missis said the poor bugger was holding his ankle.
      2013 Ducati 1199 Panigale
      2014 KTM 1290 Super Duke R x2
      2012 KAWASAKI ZX6R SUPERSTOCK RACE BIKE (Alive Again!)
      2009 YAMAHA R6 SUPERSPORT TRACK/RACE BIKE
      2008 HONDA CBR1000RR SUPERBIKE TRACK/RACE BIKE
      2012 KAWASAKI NINJA 250 PRODUCTION RACE BIKE

Comment

Originally posted by mike83 View Post
        Also spotted a dick head truck driver swerving around and yelling abuse to the bikes filtering and blocking them. Beware of him
        I think I passed him this morning - swerved violently towards me as I went to nip through. Left a little crease in my seat.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieBrown View Post
          I think I passed him this morning - swerved violently towards me as I went to nip through. Left a little crease in my seat.
          Did the same to me and another bike after me about 300m back

Comment

Hope rider is ok ...heal quick! (& bike not too bad)

(& people who pull that kind of shit- I love it coz when I catch em doing it they wont be in a hurry to do it again )
            But need to be careful as they will always win if they decide to run you over!
            Place witty comment here.....

Comment

PLease, all of you that were swerved at by the truck REPORT it to police now. With the best description you have.
              It'll be looked at if enough people complain.. I hope.

I've wondered if the rider dragged to dead on the freeway the other week was taken by surprise by a similar situation.

edit - May be the swerving truck driver thinks we're undercover police bikes? Suggest that when your reporting it, might get something done immediately!
              Last edited by karen; 28-01-2014, 10:47 AM.

Comment

This^^ Report it!!, If my drivers were to do this would kick their arse!! Knowing the calibre of drivers these days the owner of the truck wouldn't even know what he's upto.
                A few dickheads make us all look bad, sound familiar!!
                No road to rough no muff to tough.

Comment

Originally posted by karen View Post
                  PLease, all of you that were swerved at by the truck REPORT it to police now. With the best description you have.
                  really can't remember anything at all about the truck, other than the feeling of impending doom as a previously mahoosive gap became bar width as I passed by. I have a go pro on order, will be keeping a replayable record of this crap soon.

Hope the rider that was down isn't hurt -the K-Freeway traffic was pretty shitty and unpredictable today for some reason - people not paying any attention after the long weekend I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieBrown View Post
                    really can't remember anything at all about the truck, other than the feeling of impending doom as a previously mahoosive gap became bar width as I passed by. I have a go pro on order, will be keeping a replayable record of this crap soon.

Hope the rider that was down isn't hurt -the K-Freeway traffic was pretty shitty and unpredictable today for some reason - people not paying any attention after the long weekend I guess.
                    School goes back today I think?

Comment

Originally posted by boeman View Post
                      School goes back today I think?
                      my kids have another week off yet, but I notice there's a big variety in term dates between schools. School zones might well be 'active' again then.

Comment

Kids go back Monday 3 Feb at most schools, but support staff and teachers go back today.

Comment

All I remember of the truck was it was a 10 pallet tautliner with dark green really dirty side curtains. Couldnt see the driver properly. Maybe brown / blonde hair. Didn't get a number plate and didn't have any markings on whos truck it was.

My gap got skinny fast. The bloke next to me in a falcon seen what he did and moved over giving me more space. Gave him a thumbs up.
                          Reported it. See if anything happens with it.
                          But yes the traffic today unpredictable for some reason and heavier than normal for that time in the morning. I didn't notice as many people on their phones today , just more so unaware of what was going on. Holiday mode I think.

Yeah my kids have another week off too. Go back next Tuesday

Comment

FYI guys I was the rider. Not hurt too badly, mainly just bruising and grazing on knee and hips. Protective gear did its job, unfortunately the bike will be out of action for a little while due to the mirror and indicator damage. Driver turned out to be uninsured which is why you get full comp insurance guys!!!

Comment

Glad your Ok. You looked a bit banged up when I rode past.

Bike can be replaced. You cant.
                              Sucks they werent insured , hope you were though

Comment

Working...
                              X