Bushfire Forrestdale / Piara Waters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bushfire Forrestdale / Piara Waters

UPDATE: BUSHFIRE - WESTERN PART OF FORRESTDALE AND THE SOUTHERN PART OF PIARA WATERS – CITY OF ARMADALE

A bushfire WATCH AND ACT has been issued for people in the area near Taylor Road, Gibbs Road and Armadale Road in the western part of Forrestdale and the southern part of Piara Waters in the City of Armadale.

There is a possible threat to lives and homes as a fire is approaching the area and conditions are changing.

Rowley Road off ramp is closed at Kwinana Freeway (southbound), as well as Nicholson Road (both directions) from Rowley Road to Armadale Road.

Avoid the area and be aware of fire and other emergency services personnel working on site.

Stay safe everyone!

Have been watching it since lunchtime today. Constant sirens down Nicholson rd with the heat being high the next few days it's going to be harder to bring it under control

Comment

This one is looking particularly nasty, much more intense than the Kwinana fire a couple of weeks back.

Comment

Just got the get out or defend msg for Atwell.
        Originally posted by Abraham Lincoln
        "The problem with internet quotes, is that you can never be sure they are real".

Comment

WAToday have live updates here
          Bushfire emergency threatens lives, homes south of Perth

Stay safe people, fingers crossed the fireys can get it under control

Comment

The view from the CBD is quite concerning, the smoke coming from the fire is massive!

Comment

Doing funny things to the light down on the Kwinana Industrial Area too

Comment

Got the msg to get out from aubin grove... At parents in yangebup now, fire is not Lookin good....
                Got off work tonight to I think... Lol
                Bike + house is insured though, got my wife and my husky puppy all I need!

Comment

Bailed on work ~2pm, home in Harrisdale at the moment. Received the Aubin Grove and Atwell SMS, although I'm at least 3-4km away. Heavy smoke at the girlfriend's parent's place, her old boy's got the sprinklers on and hosing the house down in case of embers in Atwell. I'm just North of Piara Waters.

Hoping the breeze doesn't switch around later in the afternoon.

Comment

Alerts and Warnings

the link to follow alerts and status
                    Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Just a heads up, there's actually 2 items being tracked at the moment (not entirely sure why): DFES Alerts and Warnings

Click the link and select which is applicable to you based on the road boundaries they refer to.

Comment

Just went down freeway from Armadale rd to safety bay rd.
                        Russell rd east bound is shut and so is Rowley rd.
                        Police at these off ramps about 15 mins traffic in a cage .
                        Reason why traffic is slow? People gawking obviously.

Ps if you have a house around there I hope you and it are ok

Comment

I got the dfes msg and in north harrisdale. Then the winds changed out west

Comment

Looked horrible driving home

Comment

For anyone living out that way stay safe and my thought are with you

Comment

Working...
                              X