Rider down - CBD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rider down - CBD

Just heard this from my gf, rider down intersection of Victoria Ave and St Georges Tce. Hit by a taxi running a red light, and thrown through the window of the Dome Cafe. Apparently a KTM. Sounds pretty nasty, hoping for a good outcome.

poor guy sounds real nasty
    "Insert signature here"

Comment

what. the. fuck?

Jeebus H - i hope the rider somehow got out of this one with light injuries...

S.
      Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

Originally posted by BenG View Post
        Just heard this from my gf, rider down intersection of Victoria Ave and St Georges Tce. Hit by a taxi running a red light, and thrown through the window of the Dome Cafe. Apparently a KTM. Sounds pretty nasty, hoping for a good outcome.
        Wonder if it was this guy......http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...im-not-167824/
        "Speed Kills". The stupid person's answer to a complex problem.

Comment

Seeing some crazy shit out there at the moment. In my Hilux service vehicle complete with ladders and a bullbar, I am having to brake heavily at least twice a week to avoid people pulling out in front of me.

Hoping for the best for this bloke.
          They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

this happened outside of my work. guy was wearing shorts and a tshirt I could see road rash from my work he was moving. a couple of the girls said he flipped over the car nothing about hitting the dome window

bike was a ktm motard
            theres no hope for the weak

Comment

[MENTION=31412]Rorschach[/MENTION] this isn't you I hope?

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=34171]boeman[/MENTION] it definitely wasn't me! I'm at work in K-town.

Comment

http://m.watoday.com.au/wa-news/moto...212-32gwh.html
                  A motorcycle rider has been seriously injured after colliding with a station wagon at the intersection of St Georges Terrace and Victoria Avenue on Tuesday afternoon.

The 29-year-old Parkerville man was riding a KTM motorcycle when he collided with the Ford Falcon wagon driven by a 61-year-old Belmont man at 3.40pm, police spokeswoman Susan Usher said.

Ms Usher said the rider was thrown from the bike and, although he was wearing a helmet, he did not have on any protective clothing.

He was taken by ambulance to Royal Perth Hospital with serious injuries.

Anyone who saw the crash, or either vehicle prior to the incident, should call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
                  Originally posted by vk6hgr
                  My Hyosung couldn't do that speed if it was dropped in from orbit.

Comment

yeap, drove pass it yesterday after work and saw a flat bed truck park on the side and the cop station wagon in front of the bike.... looked nasty...
                    "Always look at where you want to go, never at where you are afraid to go" - My riding instructor

Comment

The bike was a bloody mess I went through at 4.10, 4 cops still there, incident car blocking off the middle lane, bike was on the footpath outside dome.

ah bugger now that they have mentioned him as being Parkerville, I've seen him around home often

I hate that set of bloody lights, they should have turning right from Adelaide tce the same time as they have turning right from St Georges, that would stop a lot of accidents at that intersection.

Car must have been trying to get around

Comment

Originally posted by Daise View Post
                        Motorcycle rider seriously injured after Perth CBD crash | watoday.com.au
                        A motorcycle rider has been seriously injured after colliding with a station wagon at the intersection of St Georges Terrace and Victoria Avenue on Tuesday afternoon.

The 29-year-old Parkerville man was riding a KTM motorcycle when he collided with the Ford Falcon wagon driven by a 61-year-old Belmont man at 3.40pm, police spokeswoman Susan Usher said.

Ms Usher said the rider was thrown from the bike and, although he was wearing a helmet, he did not have on any protective clothing.

He was taken by ambulance to Royal Perth Hospital with serious injuries.

Anyone who saw the crash, or either vehicle prior to the incident, should call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
                        Yeah, he had no protective clothing, but thank god he wasn't wearing a tinted visor, otherwise he would have been breaking the law!
                        You have no idea how much this point shits me beyond belief!!!
                        As a foot note - Any police or authorities on here? Happy to be forced to wear gear by law (can't believe that it is not to be honest), but at the same time please could you force helmet manufacturers to submit tinted visors for AS approval at the same time as the helmet and clear visor? We are after all one of the most sun gifted places in the world. (Expletives removed in the hopes that my plea will fall on sympathetic/empathetic eyes).
                        I live with fear everyday, but sometimes, she lets me race!

Comment

never leave home without my tinted visor during the day , i am a criminal :-D

Originally posted by Scorcher View Post
                          Yeah, he had no protective clothing, but thank god he wasn't wearing a tinted visor, otherwise he would have been breaking the law!
                          You have no idea how much this point shits me beyond belief!!!
                          As a foot note - Any police or authorities on here? Happy to be forced to wear gear by law (can't believe that it is not to be honest), but at the same time please could you force helmet manufacturers to submit tinted visors for AS approval at the same time as the helmet and clear visor? We are after all one of the most sun gifted places in the world. (Expletives removed in the hopes that my plea will fall on sympathetic/empathetic eyes).
                          "Insert signature here"

Comment

If he went through a window, no gear would be pretty nasty. hoping he recovers fast.
                            “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Hope he heals up. I hate that intersection. Even when I exit left onto Adelaide tce then turn left down Victoria some fucking retard with earphones or a phone in front of their face steps out onto the road against the red light as I have the green arrow. I think I'll just break their fucking legs next, and the fucking bus drivers in the CBD are fucking blind.

I feel for the guy, plenty of red light runners around there.
                              Originally posted by Abuse this
                              Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

Working...
                              X