Learner rider down 16.2.14 West coast Hwy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learner rider down 16.2.14 West coast Hwy

A learner on a CBR 125 managed to fall off on West coast Hwy between the second and third carparks near Trigg beach heading north. The bike and rider were on the median strip.

Not sure how this happened as there seemed to be no others involved. There were a few beach inspectors on hand administering first aid and an ambulance showed up just as we were leaving. The rider seemed ok but was laid down while we were there.

It would be interesting to know what went wrong and if the rider has sustained serious injury, I certainly hope not.

That is certainly not the way to be introduced to road riding.
    07 MV F41000R
    09 Blazing orange Speed Triple
    07 CBR 600RR trackbike
    sigpic http://www.ozspeedphotography.com/

They were just getting crashing out of the way early.

Hipefully they aren't to banged up

Comment

If like most blokes would be concentrating on the scenery. Way to tempting.
      Hope rider is alright.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickwoo View Post
        If like most blokes would be concentrating on the scenery. Way to tempting.
        Hope rider is alright.
        I would agree with your post wholeheartedly, but for one thing. The accident happened in an area void of eye candy.

Still, the mind boggles.
        07 MV F41000R
        09 Blazing orange Speed Triple
        07 CBR 600RR trackbike
        sigpic http://www.ozspeedphotography.com/

Comment

Possibly could've been waving at someone. Those median strips come out of NOWHERE.

I hope the rider is ok, and not too spooked.
          Originally posted by vk6hgr
          My Hyosung couldn't do that speed if it was dropped in from orbit.

Comment

Could have happened for many many reasons, end result is the same. Heal fast, etc.
            “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Working...
            X