Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parking: Balmoral Hotel, Vic Park

attention:

according to management at the Balmoral this evening, there will soon not be parking permitted on the verge out the front - it will soon be a $120 fine, as the council is putting in paid parking.

2 things: The manager suggested we park out the back in their car park and/or we send emails to the Balmoral's email address on the balmoral's website:
    Home - Balmoral Hotel, Victoria Park, WA 6100

... complaining about the lack of bike parking and he'll then raise it with the council (i.e., he'll take a list of emails to the council, as a demonstration that it will be costing him business).

Note: this is not a decision by the management of the hotel - it is the vic park council.... so don't go complaining to the hotel management, it's not their decision... just an email expressing your concerns will be sufficient.
    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

When were you lot there? We can't have missed you by much.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMeanie View Post
      When were you lot there? We can't have missed you by much.

Hmm... just before closing time, maybe what... 9:45-9:50 until 10:15 ish?
      “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

OK. Just missed you. We left about 9.15. School night for one or two.

Comment

Bummer. Don't like the chances of Vic Park Council making an exemption to us parking there, regardless of how much the Balmoral Management express their/our concerns.

Do parking inspectors even work after 9pm anyway? Guess we'll find out.

Comment

They do in Freo. Was in Freo Sat. night and one dressed in civies flashed his council badge at us and told us we couldn't park where we did. Said he wasn't going to book us this time but next time he would. This happened about 0100 Sunday morning.
            Bloody conscientious.

Comment

I wonder if you had your plate covered, if they could still fine you. I.E they'd have to touch your property to see the entire plate?
              Originally posted by Rich...
              You got me in trouble...

Comment

Originally posted by Sookie View Post
                I wonder if you had your plate covered, if they could still fine you. I.E they'd have to touch your property to see the entire plate?
                They have to touch your property to put a ticket under a windscreen wiper as well.
                They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Take plate with you

Comment

Manager at the Balmoral said the paid parking would be till midnight so once could reasonable assume that the inspectors would be out till midnight.

Comment

I got booked last Saturday night opposite Outback Jacks in Freo at 9:45pm..... 2 uniformed inspectors. Young guy was sypathetic when I complained...older guy seemed to enjoy his job far too much !!

Comment

Will they reduce the price of their drinks?
                        Considering I have to run out and feed a parking meter every hour on the hour so I can stay and drink their beverages. I'm going to have to get a credit extension.
                        It's becoming expensive to go out. Fuel, drinks, parking fees, getting busted for pissy driving.
                        I suppose they'll bring in some ridiculous other charges like motorcycle registration and drivers license fees?

Comment

Kidnap the inspectors
                          RIP
                          RYAD
                          RIP
                          🌹

Comment

I heard that councils cant "really" enforce fines.... eg, 2 years ago I got fined for parking on the pavement on Barrack St by Perth City Council ranger. I've never paid the ticket and haven't hear a dickie bird since. I might be wrong..... or just lucky

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.McGuire View Post
                              I heard that councils cant "really" enforce fines.... eg, 2 years ago I got fined for parking on the pavement on Barrack St by Perth City Council ranger. I've never paid the ticket and haven't hear a dickie bird since. I might be wrong..... or just lucky
                              Luck I'd say. The last parking ticket I got I put up a fight for and was still fined and was sent a letter explaining what would happen if I didn't pay. License suspension and property seizure was on top of their list.

I believe our state government made changes to the law last year to make these processes so much easier for local authorities.

Comment

Working...
                              X