bike down Sat 10.01.04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bike down Sat 10.01.04

last night on the way home Hillarys at abotu 9:30pm I saw 2 bikes stopped at the new roundabout on Hepburn Ave just west of the freeway.

An NSR150 which looked ok and intact and another bike couldn't what model was down and there was an ambo and some cops in attendance and it looked like the rider was down and still lying in the spot he
    landed So it looked like he/she would have been pretty hurt...

Anyone else see it or have some details ????

PLEASE BE AWARE AS YOUR HEADING ALONG HEPBURN AVE BETWEEN THE FREEWAY AND HILLARYS THERE IS A NEW ROUNDABOUT AND IT IS CATCHING ALOT OF PEOPLE OUT.... IT IS JUST WEST OF THE FREEWAY)
    It's the 2nd bike crash i've seen the in a couple of weeks...Take care out there.

yeh i got a call when this girl i knew saw it..

i think the bloke was alright but he broke his arm or somthing ...

but dont take my work for it

i hope ya ok dude..
    Love
    Nick :twisted:

Comment

I haven't heard anything....

:shock: damn hey....
      Dale Britton MotorCycles: 5/115
      Albany Hwy, Vic Park, Ph: 9470-1234 ...

Kim Britton Kawasaki: 91 Dixon Rd, Rockingham, Ph: 9592-1113 ...

Comment

Heard Nothing about it. Location of Roundabout like Gordo was saying it maybe 600m from the freeway heading west on HEPBURN DRIVE.
        Right next to HEPBURN HIGHTS cnr of GLENGARRY DRIVE

Comment

Yep, it's a real bitch of a roundabout aswell... swings out really wide. I almost got nailed on it the first time I saw it aswell because it was night and I just looked in my side mirror, then looked up and there's the bitchass roundabout
          Right now Im having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think Ive forgotten this before.

Comment

I did the same chook, I didn't even know they were putting a roundabout there, so it kinda freaked me when I came up to it going quite quick.
            :-)

Comment

rider down

It was a mate of mine. He is in Joondalup hospital with a broken collarbone and arm. Only had his licence for a month or so.

Comment

So he's ok then? Bit freaked out eh? Hope he comes outta hospital soon man, give him our best from the PSB gang.

Comment

rider down

Will pass the best wishes on Campo. I think he will be ok. Loves his bike and will be keen to back on. Its actually his dad that gives me the use of his VFR ever time I come to Perth.

Comment

Re: rider down

Will pass the best wishes on Campo. I think he will be ok. Loves his bike and will be keen to back on. Its actually his dad that gives me the use of his VFR ever time I come to Perth.
                    No way!!! What an awesome bloke! Cool well as soon as he gets back on two wheels, make sure he gets out with the boys sometime!

Comment

rider down

I just spoke to his brother. A bit worse than I was first told.
                      Because of there being no lights on the roundabout he didnt see it at all and hit it at the speed limit. Went over the bars and the bike landed on him. His mate TJ on the NSR pulled the bike off him and called the ambulance. Has a compound fracture to his left arm. Two broken collarbones and two fractured vertabrae in the base of his spine. He is in a lot of pain and is drugged out most of the time. His helmet took a fair beating so it could have been much worse.
                      Doctors say he will totally recover as long as he stays still for the next few weeks.
                      He has been pretty keen to get out with a few other guys for a ride but just hasnt quite happened yet. I would say he will be back on the road in about six months.

Comment

Shit, thats no good mate. I've still got three fractured vertebra in my back from my accident in Dec 02. Lotta work to do ahead but by the sounds of it, he came off very lucky!

Comment

ouch.

nice to see that traffic calming device is doing it's job well.. slowed him right down. :roll: Is the roundabout marked?

and how longs the other guy had the NSR for?

Comment

bugga I thought it was quite serious when i saw the guy still on the ground for a while... Get well soon dude.....

Atleast he will make a full recovery in time....

Comment

NSR

Have no idea how long the guy has had the NSR. About six months that I know of.
                              Jarrid rides a red Yamaha Zeal if anyone was wondering. Seems to have front wheel and fork damage and thats about it apparently. Should be a fairly easy fix.

Comment

Working...
                              X