This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ryanoceros View Post
    Dunno what it is lately, but it seems (to me) ever since this thread was created the general PSB community is a lot happier. All the rides I've been on everyone seems to be a lot more jovial and socially open, and threads seem to progress a bit more smoothly. Or maybe the government has changed which mind controlling chemical they add to the water?

I think perhaps people are a little bit more excited that the problems everyone has known about, bitched about privately and been pissed off about have finally been acknowledged.

And perhaps some people are reflecting on what has been said regarding hostility and general apathy towards the real life aspect of meeting others.

I also do agree with @66 though regarding the zero tolerance of the law having an impact. Anyone who knows the early PSB history will know that some of the goings-on from back then would result in way more severe penalties now, some including potential jail time, and you're also more likely to get caught now too.
    Last edited by Rich...; 03-08-2015, 09:23 AM.
    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

• What do we have to do to get the LIKE button back, how many times now has it been requested?
      sigpic Sponsored by (08) 9250 5567

Comment

• Originally posted by Louise8 View Post
        What do we have to do to get the LIKE button back, how many times now has it been requested?
        From the number of times requested, it would seem no-one has been able to do THAT... cue Meatloaf

Comment

• It's been requested, and explained a few times. It doesn't sound like a simple fix. I'm sure the forum is heading in a good direction and things will change but nothing is done overnight.

Comment

• Originally posted by SomeBloke View Post
            It's been requested, and explained a few times. It doesn't sound like a simple fix. I'm sure the forum is heading in a good direction and things will change but nothing is done overnight.
            Not so much whether or not it is a simple fix, at the moment the only person/people with the access to do it are not longer really here. So right now it is impossible

Once the hand-over has been done and someone (or ideally a few people with skills so there's no reliance on a single person who may get hit by a bus or whatever) have been appointed to look after the admin side of the forum you might see things like that come back.
            “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

• There are a number of things that I like about PSB, but the biggest for me are the knowledge sharing and the social elements.

The functionality offered by the likes of Facebook Groups and Google+ Communities are possibly the biggest threats to PSB, given that they seem to cover the biggest usability issues with the forum at the moment. (Likes; Search; Image sharing)
              The only downsides of the social media front are (IMHO) the linkages to real names and necessity for users to hold said G+/FB account, and the migration process to get there.

Comment

• The other event which was why I bothered with PSB in the first place was the Sunday night viewings of the races mainly the superbikes (I'm still way to cheap to actually pay for Foxtel) usually at a venue, although we often ran into superbikes running latter than 10pm closing time.
                Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

• There once was a time where new threads popped up for every event happening in the world or in Perth. Rather than going to news.com, it was better to come here and discuss xx event with people with similar interests with you. It was so much that the topic you had just replied to earlier in the day would probably be on page 2 of yada yada yada when you came and checked it in the afternoon.
                  We seem to have lost that as the voices shouting down at new members voicing their opinion caused new blood to leave the forum.

PSB used to be the pub talk, everyone has an opinion and was able to speak it. I constantly see mods and long time users attack the new users with their experience rather than let them have their say and learn in their own time. The post crashes thread is a prime example where a new user has posted a topic and on page 1 is a mod telling them this is a stupid thread

The lack of public exposure is also something that has gone downhill over the years.
                  :stupid:

Comment

• Originally posted by Wedge View Post
                    There once was a time where new threads popped up for every event happening in the world or in Perth. Rather than going to news.com, it was better to come here and discuss xx event with people with similar interests with you. It was so much that the topic you had just replied to earlier in the day would probably be on page 2 of yada yada yada when you came and checked it in the afternoon.
                    We seem to have lost that as the voices shouting down at new members voicing their opinion caused new blood to leave the forum.

PSB used to be the pub talk, everyone has an opinion and was able to speak it. I constantly see mods and long time users attack the new users with their experience rather than let them have their say and learn in their own time. The post crashes thread is a prime example where a new user has posted a topic and on page 1 is a mod telling them this is a stupid thread

The lack of public exposure is also something that has gone downhill over the years.
                    Here's a revelation for you...

Mods are normal people with their own opinions...

Who have a shitty unpaid position with all the crazies and fuckwits PM'ing them all the time...

Comment

• Actually on that here's a good idea...

Mods should have a generic Mod account, and there own User account...

The Mod account should be the same for all Mods so that any moderating they do is anonymous to users but is identifiable in the back room...

Comment

• It is, indeed a revelation.

Seems like you need a break from it , mate.

How is the search for new admin/IT blood, going..? Rich...
                        " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Comment

• Originally posted by GsxInShed View Post
                          It is, indeed a revelation.

Seems like you need a break from it , mate.

How is the search for new admin/IT blood, going..? Rich...
                          A break from being a Mod?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich... View Post
                            Who have a shitty unpaid position with all the crazies and fuckwits PM'ing them all the time...
                            I can't recall PM'ing any mods.

Good idea on the separate accounts for mods though.
                            They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

• Nah ..A break from from being PM'd by nutters and crazies....

Separating accounts is a good idea... 2 votes.. already..

Hi, I'm in your post changing your words...

Love and kisses...

Your secret admirer...
                              " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Comment

• Originally posted by GsxInShed View Post
                                Nah ..A break from from being PM'd by nutters and crazies....

Separating accounts is a good idea... 2 votes.. already..
                                You do realise I resigned from being a Mod on the 01-01-2015, though it took over a month to get most of my Mod privileges removed though I am named as a Mod still in numerous places and I can...well look at your post above...

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome...

It doesn't even leave a little "post edited by Rich..."

I'm off to have some fun, I may even go back and make your posts readable GSX...

Comment

Working...
                                X