This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by =Maz= View Post

The forum seems to be forgotten by the people in charge, or it feel like it is being allowed to run itself down,
    I believe that is the intent...

I believe the forum costs money to run...

Why fork out money for a hobby you no longer enjoy?

Just don't put any more money in and let it die....

Comment

Originally posted by 98kellrs View Post
      I'd suggest the following sections: Engine, Suspension, Brakes, Wheels/Tyres, Cosmetic. That way rather than lumping any random questions into the General bike section they are all stored together.
      Given most of the current generation don't do any of their own work and very few people significantly modify their bikes, you'll end up with a whole slew of sub-forums with no activity in them rather than one with minimal action (Projects).

Much of the "where to find" is covered by having a search engine that works and appropriate titles on topics (pet hate: if you title your thread something like "question", i'd like to stab you in the eye with a rusty fork...)

edit:
      contrary to the above, i'd cut down the number of forums.

"welcome"
      "rides"
      "tech"
      "roadside assist"
      "bike chat"
      "off topic"

the rest is just irrelevant divisive classification that doesn't need to exist.
      Last edited by thro; 13-07-2015, 02:52 PM.
      “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Remind me, who won the clownshoes last year?

What about the year before that?
        Originally posted by Ferris
        I love how PSB has turned into "Dear Martha"

Figure shit out yourselves, retards.

Comment

Originally posted by darth lefty View Post
          Remind me, who won the clownshoes last year?

What about the year before that?
          When was the last Christmas party?

Comment

Originally posted by =Maz= View Post
            I still remember attending my first PSB ride...not very friendly...but I have never forgotten the 1-2 people who went out of their way to say hello and welcome me along.
            I remember being shit scared from falling back from the front of the ride all the way to near the back, and frozen from the cold(wearing summer gloves on a winter night). I do remember meeting you though on my first ride, and commenting on how long and impossible to remember your username was

I haven't gone on a PSB group ride in a long time. The last one I was on was the xmas ride. I still ride every day and have small group rides with people I've met through the forum and friends. I'm still on PSB relatively regularly, usually to talk shit.

I would be unable to put a face to most of the names I see pop up regularly on threads nowadays and I doubt most people could do the same for me. And that's OK. PSB has changed, and so have most of us. Some don't ride on the street anymore, some don't ride at all.

The forum lack of features is annoying, but personally, giving it more wiz-bang features won't do much. What we WANT PSB to be probably won't change anything, PSB will be whatever PSB is.
            If you love your motorcycle, set it free. If it comes back, you probably high-sided.

Comment

I know that for PSB once the OP is up that the threads can go anywhere, but could I ask that the merit of a particular suggestion not be discussed within this thread? Once the suggestions are gathered, seperate threads will be created for further feedback and discussion as to the merits of different suggestions.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't mention something that's been posted previously, I'm just asking that the pro's and con's not be part of this thread for ease of tracking and compiling the suggestions...

Based on this, some of the posts have been archived for addition to future threads.

Also at this stage assume that there is going to be someone interested and actively on the forum to drive all these changes...
              Sponsored by:

Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE

Comment

This must be the most active thread in years...

PSB needs to become a club, run by a committee, holding events attended by active members. The forum should be secondary, somewhere for the members to catch up.

You want a friendly forum, with self-moderation and banter? You're only going to get that feeling again if the people posting actually know and respect each-other, which is best achieved in person. I could forgive a club for not having the most up-to-date forum, if it was a secondary consideration.

There's still time to get something up and running for this year's Motorcycle and Scooter show, to draw interest and raise our profile. I did a Google search for Motorbike forums last night (Chrome, on my phone) - we were page 5.
                Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
                1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

Well I have not got a grizzle as it is fun and have met heaps of people with the same interest through it and been to great bike related events I wouldn't have known about without it. Thanks.
                  Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wahoo!! What a ride!"

Comment

Well, I am as guilty of sending psb this way as I am of fighting to keep what is good going...the social aspect of riding. Not many do/still do rides open to strangers to come have a good time and meet some others. Those that do get the rides flooded. Then abused for the organisation. That then scares off the riders from attending and the organisers from organising. Those that keep going keep getting the same replies.
                    Can't stop people having opinions on the net tho.

Bring on summer, all will be forgiven.
                    yes, i am ignorant
                    yes, i am a prick
                    no, i don't care
                    you make me sick

Comment

We need live events , loud is right without events Psb just another forum

Comment

beer marathons
                        mad
                        xmas parties
                        rep
                        search
                        cannonballs
                        etc...

basically, go to netrider, or asb.
                        do that
                        then add something unique

maybe make it into a profitable business model first
                        I'd offer some advice in that regard, but lets be serious - it won't happen

Comment

Originally posted by keys View Post
                          We need live events , loud is right without events Psb just another forum
                          It's the younger "internet generation", they are afraid to meet people in real life...

I think because they create this internet persona that isn't them in real life, so they can't show their face for fear of being called out as a fake...

Comment

Originally posted by Rich... View Post
                            It's the younger "internet generation", they are afraid to meet people in real life...

I think because they create this internet persona that isn't them in real life, so they can't show their face for fear of being called out as a fake...
                            Spot on. It used to be about riders riding, and bikes, with occasional parties, titties and gay chicken. Where did we lose our way...
                            yes, i am ignorant
                            yes, i am a prick
                            no, i don't care
                            you make me sick

Comment

Originally posted by shortSteve View Post
                              Spot on. It used to be about riders riding, and bikes, with occasional parties, titties and gay chicken. Where did we lose our way...
                              Family, kids, work is what comes to mind after single life comes to an end for those who chose it

I'd like to go on organized rides but I can't due to my family commitments but have been on gnome run, xmas charity run, black dog. Met few ppl in person. Choose not to name so I don't forget anyone. But local, regular meets as a club or whateva is one thing to keep it goign.

and don't forget streaming sport channels
                              Originally posted by SIR sparks a lot
                              remember opinions are like assholes everybody will have one
                              Here lies the body of Dorian Grey
                              Who died while defending his right of way;
                              He was right, oh so right, as he journeyed along
                              But he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong

Comment

Purely from a forum perspective, a rep system for users similar to bodybuilding.com would be good, allows people to identify the forum scum quite quickly. And a rating system for threads out of 5 stars would also be good (good things in life, dubs wants to know etc... would all be high rated threads. What colour biro threads would 0-1 star threads.

From a motorcyclists point of view, the rides section is what most interests me. That is the heart of the social aspect of this place. No idea how to make it better, but that is what is unique here and that is what should be focused on increasing.
                                Here lies the body of Harold Day
                                He knew it was his right of way.
                                He was right, dead right, as he rode along
                                But he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X