Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worst mass shooting in US history. 49 dead, 53 injured. Orlando, Florida.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst mass shooting in US history. 49 dead, 53 injured. Orlando, Florida.

Orlando nightclub shooting: 50 dead, 53 injured, police say, in worst mass shooting in US history

Key points:
    • Death toll of 50 makes it worst mass shooting in US history
    • Authorities describe shooting as "terror incident"
    • State of emergency declared across Orlando
    • Gunman was killed during shootout with police
    • Terrified survivors — who moments before were laughing and dancing with friends — described how the gunman raked the club with bullets, prompting a police SWAT team to storm the venue.
    The 'Pulse Orlando' nightclub is also a gay bar. I wonder if that had anything to do with the motives of the gunman?

Every time this happens the answer is 'thoughts and prayers' and more guns. This kind of thing doesn't happen in Australia with such normality. How about you look at your mental health system because you're the same country who is possibly about to elect sociopath Donald Trump president.

God bless America? God abandoned America a long time ago.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-1...istory/7503770
    Last edited by Speed Dealer; 15-06-2016, 10:19 PM.

No words, I literally have no words.

RIP to the victims and RIP to the once great America. This is going to be the event that swings the public towards Trump and away from sanity.
    Ryan

Originally posted by Aufitt
    Try Para045, he definitely sounds all gooey in the fork for ya

Comment

I'm actually getting sick of seeing the headlines every morning and I like to think nothing suprises me much..

Comment

NRA If only the good people inside had guns

Pretty sad they hold NRA rallies at the towns that have these mass shootings.
        Something defiantly wrong when Canada has guns and they don't have mass shootings and less then half the number of usa deaths from firearms.
        "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

Sadly not shocked , USA sort your shit out

RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Dealer View Post
            Every time this happens the answer is 'thoughts and prayers' and more guns.
            This......so much this. Their answer to mass shootings in schools is that teachers should be armed.

Now there will be some rally around arming the gays as a vulnerable group.

How can such a large nation be so stupid!

Comment

Originally posted by vegie View Post
              This......so much this. Their answer to mass shootings in schools is that teachers should be armed.

Now there will be some rally around arming the gays as a vulnerable group.

How can such a large nation be so stupid!
              Had an argument over a LinkedIn post once about this ^ Stupid bitch kept arguing that God keeps them safe by arming teachers etc and running drills with the class of pre-schoolers for what to do in case of an active shooter. Fuck growing up in that sort of fear.
              Silly bitch let slip that her gun was within easy reach in her desk drawer, loaded. To which I replied "One day you'll be burying at least one of your class when you forget to lock it away". Fuck the USA wouldn't live amongst that shit for quids. I like my real freedoms.
              Originally posted by Abuse this
              Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-hostages.html

The text message from someone in the club gives you an idea of the terror inflicted before people died. USA - the place where any fucking nut job can buy a gun. Looking at the pictures the shooter was conflicted, wannabe something, wannabe police, wannabe openly gay man. Who knows. Fucking coward at the end of the day.
                Originally posted by Abuse this
                Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

WTF happened to blast out the walls?!

I'm assuming they didn't throw frags in there...a large shotgun maybe? Looks like most of the debris went inside, so I'm assuming it was police fire.

Ryan

Originally posted by Aufitt
                  Try Para045, he definitely sounds all gooey in the fork for ya

Comment

“Today we’re dealing with something that we never imagined and is unimaginable.” This from the Orlando mayor...what the previous 20 odd shootings with assault riffles didn't kindle your imagination?!
                    SP RACINGis supported by:
                    MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
                    Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
                    Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Comment

Sad news.
                      Originally posted by Commander Keen
                      "IF YOU DONT LOVE ROSSI YOU'RE A TERRORIST!!!!1!!1!one"

Comment

Originally posted by 98kellrs View Post
                        WTF happened to blast out the walls?!

I'm assuming they didn't throw frags in there...a large shotgun maybe? Looks like most of the debris went inside, so I'm assuming it was police fire.

The SWAT teams have battering rams on the front of their armoured vehicles? Maybe that? Doesn't take much to get through those cinder block walls.

Comment

Originally posted by Halo_2 View Post
                          NRA If only the good people inside had guns

Pretty sad they hold NRA rallies at the towns that have these mass shootings.
                          Something defiantly wrong when Canada has guns and they don't have mass shootings and less then half the number of usa deaths from firearms.
                          Canada has had 8 mass shootings over the last 20 years, USA has had 7 this week.
                          -

Comment

They did use an explosive device to distract the shooter before taking him down.
                            That could be it?
                            Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

Originally posted by Martin Luther King Jnr
                            One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
                            . .

Comment

Originally posted by agrid View Post
                              Canada has had 8 mass shootings over the last 20 years, USA has had 7 this week.
                              It has to be the culture and shit healthcare system for the poor, has to be. Quite often the mentally ill are also the poor due to not being able to find work, and as such find it difficult to access proper healthcare, particularly for mental health.

The fact that firearms are readily available just means it's easy for the mentally ill to kill people on a large scale. Think about how often in Australia you hear about someone in a stand off with Police holding a knife. Nationwide every month or so? If this was the USA, that same person would have a gun. It's just a lot harder to kill people with a knife, and much easier to stop.

The availability and ease of obtaining guns in the USA is a problem, but to be honest, if I moved to the USA I'd own guns, not for home defence or because I NEED one, but because I like guns and it'd be a hobby.

Comment

Working...
                              X