No announcement yet.

Waze - Speed trap alerts, GPS, Maps & Traffic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best part is that if you are caught in bad/heavy traffic, and there is a faster way around it, the map updates automatically to allow for it (sometimes bypassing it)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BWAAARP View Post
      The problem with these apps is that there just isn't enough of a following for each of them in Perth, you really need a big, active, user-base for it to be viable.
      Have found the same with GoodSAM, which is an app designed to link cardiac arrest victims with the closest responders to hopefully allow early CPR and early defibrillation before even ambos turn up.

Just not enough users.
      If you keep trying to explain it with logic and facts you will possibly end up hurting your sanity.

Comment

Have used Waze in Europe and the UK, very good with a high user base. Hopefully with the media all over it at the moment the app will get the boost it needs to be useful here.

Comment

Waze is owned by Google. So your going to get all that traffic data from people using either but as for manually entering radar locations etc, User-base . Though I do find it more aesthetically pleasing compared to Google Maps especially with Live Speed and Speed Limit on the HUD with notification you can set x+10 over etc. Apart from that it would be handy if your in a monster of a cruise as you can have friends that can be tracked if your into that sort of thing lol.
          Last edited by Geoffrey Reynolds; 03-03-2017, 07:13 AM.

Comment

it will be interesting to see if the trend increases (or even lasts) but there appears to be more activity since it featured on the news. Lots more traffic reports and a few recent camera sightings

https://www.waze.com/livemap

Comment

Originally posted by CBRandYZF View Post
              Not sure if everyone already knows, but the Police publish the locations every week on their website. It doesn't give you a time or exact location, but it will give you the street and suburb and when the cameras are often in the same place every time it gives you a fair good idea of where they're going to be.

https://www.police.wa.gov.au/Traffic...mera-locations
              It's subject to change surveys have shown they rarely stick to the list.
              In sterquiliniis invenitur.

Comment

Originally posted by Para045 View Post
                It is handy and I keep checking it but not all radars are on there, went west on Hepburn Ave Marangaroo late yesterday morning and there was one on the left in the bushes and there wasn't one listed for anywhere near there
                yeah i check them daily, but it didn't list the rear facing camera that was on tokin hwy last week, lucky i saw it coming the other other way so i new i had to be good in that area on the way back.. even tho there was a MT-09 that wanted to race

Comment

I've noticed a massive jump since it was posted on the news
                  You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

I've seen the difference in the jump as well. Decent, but like others here I use it for the speed alerts and red light/stationary cams.

If I wasn't so cynical, I'd hope the "fuck everyone else but me" mentality seen in most could be overcome by our combined hatred of speed cameras. But yaknow..
                    Ridden: Bicycles, Honda Today 50, 5kW E-Scooter, XT125 Pit Bike, CB125E, CBR125R, Munkers' E-Hyo, VT250 Spada, CB250F Hornet, CBR250RR MC22, Z300, YZF-R3, CB400SF, CB500X, ER6f, YZF-R6, CBR600RR, ZX6R, MT-09, CB1000R Neo, CBR1000RR, S1000RR

Comment

Originally posted by xor View Post
                      I've seen the difference in the jump as well. Decent, but like others here I use it for the speed alerts and red light/stationary cams.

If I wasn't so cynical, I'd hope the "fuck everyone else but me" mentality seen in most could be overcome by our combined hatred of speed cameras. But yaknow..
                      I'd hazard a guess that anyone who complains that waze didn't warn them of a camera they went past... didn't report it themselves either.

Comment

This is indeed interesting app and must for bikers. I just downloaded the apk file from here https://androidcrew.com/app/com.waze

Will try it tomorrow.

Comment

Just don't speed or run red lights and you will be O.K.
                          They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Working...
                          X