Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waze - Speed trap alerts, GPS, Maps & Traffic

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...com.waze&hl=en

Best I can do to describe the issue is this.
    Normally it goes BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, shift, BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

But now it's a bit more like this
    BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-R-R-r-r-r-r-r-, shift

exan

Any thoughts/opinions on it, or just the links?

Comment

Doesn't that require other users to input the traffic conditions they encounter while driving?
      All I've got and more for #294...RIP Chris Adley
      #158...RIP James Thompson

Originally posted by Ryanoceros
      Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter

Comment

Originally posted by =Maz= View Post
        Doesn't that require other users to input the traffic conditions they encounter while driving?
        Yes... which pretty much makes it useless. Instead join Perth WA Revenue Raisers Alert and Revenue Raisers Resistance on Facebook and set them to appear first on your feed.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Not-So-Rad View Post
          ...on Facebook
          Nope...I gave it up cold turkey.
          All I've got and more for #294...RIP Chris Adley
          #158...RIP James Thompson

Originally posted by Ryanoceros
          Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter

Comment

Originally posted by =Maz= View Post
            Yep, I'm guessing it's the same as that app (can't remember its name) from a few years ago - only any good if lots of people are using it, and even then, they have to take the time to update the app with locations of mobile speed cams when they see them - which means navigating the app while your driving. Messy.

Comment

Seen this all over the news yesterday like it's something new? <Insert line about them running out of things to report on here>

The problem with these apps is that there just isn't enough of a following for each of them in Perth, you really need a big, active, user-base for it to be viable and last time I tried out Waze, I didn't find that. Has anyone found it's become worthwhile yet? And personally I like how Google Maps now uses background data from all phones on the road to predict traffic conditions, I've found that to be pretty bang on.

Comment

Originally posted by BWAAARP View Post
                Has anyone found it's become worthwhile yet?
                Maybe not that but laser blockers such as those that have been mentioned in another thread somewhere here are your best bet... or (and it's a biggie) Don't speed while you're driving.

Comment

I've used waze for work as iphone maps is rubbish.
                  Never bothered with entering road alerts etc, didn't have the time.

It gives fixed camera/red light alerts, speed limits and found the data base to be pretty accurate.

Would use again.

Comment

Not sure if everyone already knows, but the Police publish the locations every week on their website. It doesn't give you a time or exact location, but it will give you the street and suburb and when the cameras are often in the same place every time it gives you a fair good idea of where they're going to be.

https://www.police.wa.gov.au/Traffic...mera-locations

Comment

Originally posted by pnork View Post
                      Maybe not that but laser blockers such as those that have been mentioned in another thread somewhere here are your best bet... or (and it's a biggie) Don't speed while you're driving.
                      No, no officially they're parking sensors

Comment

Originally posted by CBRandYZF View Post
                        Not sure if everyone already knows, but the Police publish the locations every week on their website. It doesn't give you a time or exact location, but it will give you the street and suburb and when the cameras are often in the same place every time it gives you a fair good idea of where they're going to be.

https://www.police.wa.gov.au/Traffic...mera-locations
                        It is handy and I keep checking it but not all radars are on there, went west on Hepburn Ave Marangaroo late yesterday morning and there was one on the left in the bushes and there wasn't one listed for anywhere near there
                        #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                        Originally posted by Phildo
                        Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                        Originally posted by filbert
                        i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                        Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

had it running a few times over the past few weeks.

decent navigation, but the better part is the speedo and speed limit indicators - can be handy just to double check sometimes

Comment

Lke the old Trapster
                            All good girls should whistle!

Comment

I use it as well. When it starts up it says how many 'wazers' near you; just opened it then and says 400.

I do find there are few police reports, but haven't really been past many to see how accurate. Besides the user input stuff though, it can display the current speed limit, your GPS speed, and set an audible alarm if you go over (can be set to 5/10/20 km or 5/10/15 % over.)

Also functions as a fairly decent GPS, and when you have a route locked in, you can send an ETA by message to someone. The message also has a link so your recipient can track your whereabouts on that trip.

Comment

Working...
                              X