This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GsxInShed View Post

why does it state 596 members online... right now..????
    58 members, 538 guests...

So that's 538 comprises randoms checking threads that google has lead them too, probably never to be seen again, and bots, and bots don't ride bikes, buy merchandise, or meet you at the pub for a drink...

Comment

What am I say?

I'm saying there isn't member base big enough or dedicated enough to foot the bill of running the place...

This isn't a new thing, it's just that Tim's being upfront about the financials...

Comment

So... the few who can afford it sponsor the site,financially.

Others use the site for very generous reasons.. Learner rides...Project bikes... in the loop etc..

If PSB features so heavily in google search ...surely that can be converted into dollars.. ?

How do we generate more 'hits' and use simple adverts/infomercials.? you tube links etc.. to get a drip feed income.??

Have we thought of everything ...yet..?
        " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Comment

If PSB features so heavily in google search ...surely that can be converted into dollars.. ?
          I believe, from what I was told, that for awhile there good income was derived from some sort of linked advertising, but then they, the advertisers, wanted to have the site "cleaned up", you know get rid of the babes stuff and what not...

Comment

Originally posted by Rich... View Post
            I believe, from what I was told, that for awhile there good income was derived from some sort of linked advertising, but then they, the advertisers, wanted to have the site "cleaned up", you know get rid of the babes stuff and what not...
            So just put that shit in a "sealed section" Fuk 'em it was meant to be for "members only" anyway....

Do we have an app ? PSB traffic / red light camera / Best cheap eats / Pizza for ryan ? / connections to Bunnings Garden thread / TFB discount tours-tyres-parts / Whats on etc.

Yeh it will dtract from the website but bring in funds..? Tapatalk... funding..? ahh I got nuthin...

C'mon brains trust.... we do this or lose it.. ?

Can we affilliate with small group/business to flood customers their way..? Only till they fuk up/sell us out ... that is...

Comment

I threw $100 in the membership kitty... don't need any return/events.
              If all the hangers-on actually subscribed, we'd have plenty in the kitty for events.

Time to step up people, some of you have been riding others' backs for years.
              Funny how some of the most prolific 'members' haven't helped or done Jack Shit for PSB.
              Piss or get off the pot, champ.

S.
              Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

ok would the support contribution also then apply to this Run total?
                You can't *burrrp* can't just post, just post anything you feel like morty, you just *burrp* just end up *burrp* end up hurting people's feelings morty I mean how, how would you like it if I said things that offended you morty?

Comment

Paid as a 'Supporter' this week. About time!

I hate ads anyway, and so do quite a few other people (see pic). I'd be happy though with having basic text ads, and/or PSB added to ABP's 'Acceptable Ads' initiative. Should be free for PSB?
                  Only large entities have to pay. We qualify an entity as large when it gains more than 10 million additional ad impressions per month due to participation in the Acceptable Ads initiative
                  Won't work if a user's gone ahead and patched their hosts file, but worth a try.

Beyond that, my suggestions
                  - Seconded [MENTION=25224]GsxInShed[/MENTION] on making the Babes forum private. All for "free speech" but a dollar's a dollar.
                  - SEO/Targeted ads for motorcyclists in Perth on other sites.
                  - Physical advertising in bike shops. Flyers?
                  - More social rides, doesn't even have to be out bush. The more shit to do the better.
                  - Facebook (ugh) - worthwile to increase PSB's presence there?

Ridden: Bicycles, Honda Today 50, 5kW E-Scooter, XT125 Pit Bike, CB125E, CBR125R, Munkers' E-Hyo, VT250 Spada, CB250F Hornet, CBR250RR MC22, Z300, YZF-R3, CB400SF, CB500X, ER6f, YZF-R6, CBR600RR, ZX6R, MT-09, CB1000R Neo, CBR1000RR, S1000RR

Comment

Originally posted by Nudge View Post
                    ok would the support contribution also then apply to this Run total?
                    No it doesn't, as the concept is that they are two different things.
                    Sponsored by:

Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE

Comment

So just put that shit in a "sealed section" Fuk 'em it was meant to be for "members only" anyway....

Do we have an app ? PSB traffic / red light camera / Best cheap eats / Pizza for ryan ? / connections to Bunnings Garden thread / TFB discount tours-tyres-parts / Whats on etc.

Yeh it will dtract from the website but bring in funds..? Tapatalk... funding..? ahh I got nuthin...

C'mon brains trust.... we do this or lose it.. ?

Can we affilliate with small group/business to flood customers their way..? Only till they fuk up/sell us out ... that is...
                      I had some discussions with a member who kindly outlined the concept of an app, and was willing to try and create it, however with a change in their wokload they no longer had the time. I need to get back in contact with them to see if they are happy for me to use their concept, and then find another developer.
                      Sponsored by:

Comment

Originally posted by BlackFZR View Post
                        I had some discussions with a member who kindly outlined the concept of an app, and was willing to try and create it, however with a change in their wokload they no longer had the time. I need to get back in contact with them to see if they are happy for me to use their concept, and then find another developer.
                        App will fail and end up costing PSB money. Too many other apps offering the same info with a smoother interface. Sure it's not all in the one place, but the uptake to use the app will be small. It'll get a bit of use at first, but within a couple months it'll fizzle out.

Comment

There is a young'un on here who is more than capable....

I'm havin a sugar shutdown ATM.....sorry can't be mor e specific...BOFH? Prefectionist? skut? phark... I read somewhere on the forum... ages ago... "programming skills...not currently in use.."

" easy to do.." INtJ...? I hate my mind.....

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Dealer View Post
                            App will fail and end up costing PSB money. Too many other apps offering the same info with a smoother interface. Sure it's not all in the one place, but the uptake to use the app will be small. It'll get a bit of use at first, but within a couple months it'll fizzle out.

You might wanna rethink that .... It's not gonna be a PSB specific app.....it's gonna be another generic implant......to find biker related habitat....food....ride zone....tyres.....fuel...food.

Open your mind it might just be a $mill idea... ad fashion n tv / foxtel updates.... and it won't lose...

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Dealer View Post
                              The concept wasn't to be a PSB only app, just one that uses some of the success's of PSB, Facebook and a few other social media forums. It was intended to try and generate income to PSB through alternative means...
                              Last edited by BlackFZR; 06-08-2017, 11:15 PM.
                              Sponsored by:

Comment

Perhaps some suggested donations in the for sale section, there seems to be a fair bit of turnover there. $50 items.. maybe a couple bucks. Sell your bike on here $50. Do it post sale, all voluntary but peer encouragement should work well I reckon.

Speaking of which, might go update some threads...

Comment

Working...
                                X