Rider down, Berry road

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carltonblues View Post
    Agreed but i meant up to clenton road not including it, clenton road is faster and more difficult for sure.
    Did you teleport from Copley Dale Road (up to Clenton Road) to ride Berry Road or have you one of those new fangled hover bikes?
    Hey there, Hey fella.

Comment

The bend he ran off on is only a very slight right hander and not difficult for an experienced rider.
      Wildlife could definitely be a possible cause.
      I nearly hit an emu about a month ago on Clenton, have had several very close heart pounding moments with roo's on Obriens and had a ( Fuck I'm Dead ) moment when I hit a roo in 2012 on Clenton rd a couple of k's before Brocky's memorial.
      I had just got onto Clenton, heading towards Berry doing 80 ( of course ). A 4x4 ute was just about to pass coming the other way when it hopped from behind a tree about 5 mtrs right in front of me. BANG! Then I woke up a few second's later watching tree tops going by. With my feet up under the bars and my head above the tail light, I ran off the road trying to get back to the bars. Steered away from trees holding the tank. With legs flailing I dropped it between the trees and the road onto and breaking my right leg while grinding to a stop.. The roo bounced off me into the 4x4's bullbar.
      That was at dusk.

Don't know if the BM was with any other riders.
      There was nobody around when I saw it so I went back to check the scene.
      The police arrived while I was there. The rider was further up the road with the ambulance and chopper about to be airlifted out.
      Hope he is doing well and will get back to riding again sometime.

Comment

I had a heart stopper two days ago on O'Briens with an emu, actually there was at least two of them. It was up the hill from Wooroloo Brook so they were probably heading for water.

I came around a bend & bang there was an emu right in the middle of the road slowly walking directly into my intended path. Thankfully it didn't panic as they sometimes do so I had just enough room to avoid it & not finish up in the dirt. I looked in the mirror as I recovered control of my bowel movements & it looked as though I had absolutely no effect on them as the continued to casually cross the road.

The real danger in this case was the fact that they were on the road so close to a 90 degree bend & thus invisible to me until it was virtually too late to avoid , if it had panicked.
        Last edited by Crim; 03-11-2017, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Carltonblues View Post
          Last monday Rode berry road from toodyay road through copley dale road to clenton road didn't seem to hard a bit of corner gravel on copley dale road but pretty tame compared with back home in vic.
          Pretty much.

WA as a whole has very little in the form of challenging roads at all. The gravel, roos and the far greater hazard of police in the area all add distractions that we could be better off without.

I've picked plenty of bikes and friends out of the ditches on O'briens, and still can't understand how some get it so wrong.
          Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Originally posted by TurboR1 View Post
            Pretty much.

WA as a whole has very little in the form of challenging roads at all. The gravel, roos and the far greater hazard of police in the area all add distractions that we could be better off without.

I've picked plenty of bikes and friends out of the ditches on O'briens, and still can't understand how some get it so wrong.
            Agree average really spent most of my time up there looking for cameras.

Comment

any road can be challenging if your going fast enough haha, 4th gear wide on a thou makes most roads more than fun enough for a while.

Fuck cameras! there must be a file with a stack of speed camera photos label "Yellow shoe rider, identity unknown" reminds me i should burn those shoes

Comment

Originally posted by Hillz View Post
                there must be a file with a stack of speed camera photos label "Yellow shoe rider, identity unknown" reminds me i should burn those shoes
                Or pay them forward on PSB
                __________________________________________________ ____________
                "No, no. Not Sawyer like the valley. Sour like sweet and sour, only European"

Comment

Originally posted by Hillz View Post
                  any road can be challenging if your going fast enough haha,

True words, 2nd gear full noise would do me. Face to face with an emu forced me to re-calibrate my ride approach.

All good, still heaps of fun.

Comment

Hi all. Yes I'm very very VERY lucky to be able to talk about my lil mishap. And yes. Been riding bike since the age of 6 and yes owned heaps over the years and rebuild 19 so far. So. Shit happens!!! Or happened.

Comment

That'll buff out...
                      In sterquiliniis invenitur.

Comment

Farq - looking at that I am stoked you can talk here now.
                        You can't *burrrp* can't just post, just post anything you feel like morty, you just *burrp* just end up *burrp* end up hurting people's feelings morty I mean how, how would you like it if I said things that offended you morty?

Comment

Originally posted by Crim View Post
                          Mmm.. know what part? near the main road or further back towards Clenton.

Comment

Which direction were you travelling?
                            East to west or vice versa.

Edit... my guess is east to west on the mild right hander.
                            The only thing wrong with a perfect ride to work is that you end up at work.
                            G T

Comment

Originally posted by Radtuono View Post
                              The bend he ran off on is only a very slight right hander and not difficult for an experienced rider.
                              Wildlife could definitely be a possible cause.
                              I nearly hit an emu about a month ago on Clenton, have had several very close heart pounding moments with roo's on Obriens and had a ( Fuck I'm Dead ) moment when I hit a roo in 2012 on Clenton rd a couple of k's before Brocky's memorial.
                              I had just got onto Clenton, heading towards Berry doing 80 ( of course ). A 4x4 ute was just about to pass coming the other way when it hopped from behind a tree about 5 mtrs right in front of me. BANG! Then I woke up a few second's later watching tree tops going by. With my feet up under the bars and my head above the tail light, I ran off the road trying to get back to the bars. Steered away from trees holding the tank. With legs flailing I dropped it between the trees and the road onto and breaking my right leg while grinding to a stop.. The roo bounced off me into the 4x4's bullbar.
                              That was at dusk.

Don't know if the BM was with any other riders.
                              There was nobody around when I saw it so I went back to check the scene.
                              The police arrived while I was there. The rider was further up the road with the ambulance and chopper about to be airlifted out.
                              Hope he is doing well and will get back to riding again sometime.
                              Correct. It's not a hard right hander and only a slight bend. Yes I was with 2 others that I have met that same day. Alan and another fella. Can't remember his name.
                              But my luck has drawn the short straw. I'm not a "racer" by all means. But "corner gravel" made me humble like it has done many times before. Some of you might agree.
                              What saved my bacon was when I started to loose it, I "picked the bike up" (don't know if its the correct term) and aimed for the BM trouble U to go between the larger trees. Didn't see the overgrown drain/ditch. Front came to a dead stop and me flying 20 odd meters like a rag doll.

Comment

Rider down, Berry road

Originally posted by Green Trident View Post
                                Which direction were you travelling?
                                East to west or vice versa.

Edit... my guess is east to west on the mild right hander.
                                Towards reserve rd. mild right hander. Doing 70km/h[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Working...
                                X