Rider down, Berry road

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gohard77 View Post
    Correct. It's not a hard right hander and only a slight bend. Yes I was with 2 others that I have met that same day. Alan and another fella. Can't remember his name.
    But my luck has drawn the short straw. I'm not a "racer" by all means. But "corner gravel" made me humble like it has done many times before. Some of you might agree.
    What saved my bacon was when I started to loose it, I "picked the bike up" (don't know if its the correct term) and aimed for the BM trouble U to go between the larger trees. Didn't see the overgrown drain/ditch. Front came to a dead stop and me flying 20 odd meters like a rag doll.

Comment

Glad you are still here to tell us about it, I took a work mate for a ride up that way last week, didn't even make it that far before we discovered the limit of his abilities, luckily his was no where near as bad as that.

lesson learnt for all involved I guess.
      In Kazakhstan if you want sugar in your coffee you ask for Kunt

Comment

Originally posted by foolishboy View Post
        Glad you are still here to tell us about it, I took a work mate for a ride up that way last week, didn't even make it that far before we discovered the limit of his abilities, luckily his was no where near as bad as that.

lesson learnt for all involved I guess.
        Thanks mate. That road change every week. I normally used to go there 2 to 3 times per week in weekdays by myself. To avoid the attention of the cops and the crowd . Think I Know that roads by hart.

But I well and truly got toooooo cocky. No excuses. I f......ed up. And I'm paying a big price for being a you know what.

Glad to have a second chance.....

Please be careful out there and keep them upright.

Comment

Originally posted by Nudge View Post
          Farq - looking at that I am stoked you can talk here now.
          Thanks mate. Me and my family's just as glad I got a second chance.

Comment

The only ordeal We had was that my Mrs got told by the cops that people removed a few things of the bike????? Don't know what for and why??? How true that is I don't know. The Top box is missing and my Sena is missing from my helmet. It was still on when they removed my helmet. Violent femms Blister in the sun was still cranking [emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Pleased to see that you can post up. I hope things missing turn up. In the past we have removed things from damaged bikes to keep them safe and return them to riders we know. The RS is a good bike I had one and now a R1100s.

Comment

Originally posted by Graelin View Post
                Pleased to see that you can post up. I hope things missing turn up. In the past we have removed things from damaged bikes to keep them safe and return them to riders we know. The RS is a good bike I had one and now a R1100s.
                Thanks Graelin. Agreed. The boxers is one of the strongest engines built to date. Mine was almost on 180 000km. And still going strong. I do Hope things turn up.
                My ultimate favourite is the boxer cup. Always wanted one.
                If you need a performance chip for your Beemer let me know. I am 50% sure I got a R 1100s one at home from John Gemmi.

Comment

Glad to see you on the road to recovery & thank you for telling us the details as it can be a lesson for all of us.

I too am very familiar with the area. It is an unforgiving stretch of road if you make a mistake, virtually no runoff & lots of hard objects to hit. It demands full concentration, no time for wandering thoughts. Add in the prospect of wandering wildlife & it demands full respect.

Comment

Good to see the rider is ok, group ride last sunday bickley brook rider hit gravel kicked the bike back up lucky.
                    Best to change line if possible if not push on the bar to keep the bike from sliding same for wet roads and oil.
                    Back home tramlines and ice in high Country are far worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Crim View Post
                      Glad to see you on the road to recovery & thank you for telling us the details as it can be a lesson for all of us.

I too am very familiar with the area. It is an unforgiving stretch of road if you make a mistake, virtually no runoff & lots of hard objects to hit. It demands full concentration, no time for wandering thoughts. Add in the prospect of wandering wildlife & it demands full respect.
                      Thanks Crim. slowly healing. Just bored of looking at the ceiling. [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Carltonblues View Post
                        Good to see the rider is ok, group ride last sunday bickley brook rider hit gravel kicked the bike back up lucky.
                        Best to change line if possible if not push on the bar to keep the bike from sliding same for wet roads and oil.
                        Back home tramlines and ice in high Country are far worse.
                        Thanks Carltonblues. Honestly. It's a 50/50 chance if you going to make it or not. I opted for the pickup and picked a line between the trees. I didn't thought nor see the ditch on the side of the road. It was covered with vegetation.
                        If I opted for a slide It might have turned out different. Beter or worse????? No one would ever know.
                        The last week all I heard from people and mates was.....You should have and if it was me I would have...........bla bla bla.

All I'm saying is. I fucked up. I'm glad to have a second chance and still be alive. And to be able to tell yous guys what had happened. And also please be careful out there. I got cocky/complacent with the road and I payed the price. And like all of you I use to go there every chance I get. 99% of the time always on my own. The worst part about it all is. I didn't stack it on a hairpin. I came off it on virtually a bloody straight road. I feel like an idiot.

Also what I can add is. ABS on an old BM trouble U sux. Haha. The Brembos on the front will stop a freight train. But the rear is bloody useless. On the gravel the brakes is non existent.

Regards
                        G

Comment

Yep it was that moment, that circumstance and that choice. The could haves the should haves are from the wannabes.

You are owning it. And living it and better yet sharing the experience. Hope your convalescence goes to plan, the insurance pays out and then you get the chance to swing the leg over again.
                          You can't *burrrp* can't just post, just post anything you feel like morty, you just *burrp* just end up *burrp* end up hurting people's feelings morty I mean how, how would you like it if I said things that offended you morty?

Comment

Been following this post closely and glad to see you post up here and are on the road to recovery.
                            Reminds me of my front end slide not so long ago coming out of an uphill hair pin bend, just past Peter Brock memorial, consequently fracturing a vertebrae. I attribute it to my lack of experience and trying to push hard.

Comment

If you never cock up you don't know where your limits are, aren't trying, or you're Jesus on a bike.
                              If you cock up and don't own it, things will progress until you're someones bad memory.

Thanks for the honesty '77, hope to catch you out and about at some point.

S (for cockS up on occasion, lives to tell the tale).
                              Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

Back on the bike gohard. Well done surviving. Like others have said, sometimes stuff happens
                                When it happens, it is so quick. Good you had the thing pointing in the right direction when it did.
                                Hey there, Hey fella.

Comment

Working...
                                X