This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boeman View Post
    I don't think it is much different to the current system anyway since the training and experience required to get on a pretty serious bike is minimal.

To get an R class licence, you could do 3 lessons on a CB250, pass your RE test. Do no riding for 12 months, then get 3 lessons on a CB900 and pass your R Class, go out and get a ZX14R and splatter your head noodle and morning weetbix down the road.
    Hmmm, You would be surprized at how many R-E class Riders converting to an R class spend heaps of $$$ just pass a absolute minimum standard DOT test.. Yes is the same test as the R-e which in theory should be a piece of cake..
    I have had More damage to my R class bikes than you would expect.. a lot of people ride to such an appalling low standard and never progress to even a mediocre level !! Its absolute madness to give these R-e low standard riders access to a much larger bike with out some form of assessment ..

Comment

• Law not changing apparently:

Not surprising, the only thing Government departments change is their name every few years in order to keep people on their toes...

Comment

• That's a good thing.
        -

Comment

• Thanks for sharing that kristy. Been waiting to see if it will change. Best be getting my ass in to gear and get my R class license.

—-edit—- knew it was to good to be true hahaha
          Born to ride forced to work

Comment

• The increase in the consumption of Tide Balls has been noted.

Comment

• good news

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoneville View Post
                Yes it is finally happening, still trying to source the DOT Official documentation, but for now ...

From July 1st 2018, people who have had their RE license for more than 24 months will be automatically upgraded to the R. This means if you have done your RE license less than 24 months you will have to wait.
                Right, I called the DoT this morning to check up on this and have said it’s all garbage. Have you got the legislation handy? What references were you citing?

Comment

• Originally posted by XII View Post
                  Right, I called the DoT this morning to check up on this and have said it’s all garbage. Have you got the legislation handy? What references were you citing?
                  Welcome. We worked out this was just a proposal put forward under a new government, months ago. As did many posts in this thread, the most recent in May.

The most pertinent comment here was that the consumption of tide balls is increasing. Possibly in Bunno.
                  Hey there, Hey fella.

Comment

• Originally posted by XII View Post
                    Perhaps continuing reading the remainder of the thread will answer your questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by rubin View Post
                      Perhaps continuing reading the remainder of the thread will answer your questions.
                      Now rubin, this is no time for sensible answers. I'm curious. Is eating Finish powerballs the same as tide balls? What about snorting Napisan Oxy Vanish?

Inquiring minds want to know.
                      Hey there, Hey fella.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZAZL View Post
                        Now rubin, this is no time for sensible answers. I'm curious. Is eating Finish powerballs the same as tide balls? What about snorting Napisan Oxy Vanish?

Inquiring minds want to know.
                        I’m told oxy is the dux nutz, but the powerball itself will really get you going.

Comment

• Have your say, click the survey

https://www.rsc.wa.gov.au/Motorcycle-Safety-Survey

Comment

• RE is going to change to R after July 1st or was that BS? I couldn't find anything on DOT. If anything it looks like it's going to be harder. Cheers.
                            Everyone,stay off the roads today

Its the Sachs City 150 ride .There will be 75 litres of engines and 5850 hp
                            Youve been warned.
                            Thats all.

Comment

• Originally posted by northsider View Post
                              RE is going to change to R after July 1st or was that BS? I couldn't find anything on DOT. If anything it looks like it's going to be harder. Cheers.
                              'Twas merely a fairy-tale told by people with hope in their hearts.
                              Nothing has changed or will any time soon.
                              Originally posted by mekon
                              Why are pirates called pirates?
                              Because they Arrrrrr

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeL View Post
                                'Twas merely a fairy-tale told by people with hope in their hearts.
                                Nothing has changed or will any time soon.
                                Thanks
                                Everyone,stay off the roads today

Its the Sachs City 150 ride .There will be 75 litres of engines and 5850 hp
                                Youve been warned.
                                Thats all.

Comment

Working...
                                X