No announcement yet.

Another one bites the dust.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its a trumpy dealership close to joondalup, masterstroke ! if you cant sell an english motorcycle in the joondalup region you may as well give up completely
    I cant help it if your perceptions don't match my reality

Comment

Ahhem! what is it with Joondalup & Poms?

Dreams of Blackpool with a better climate?

Comment

I know trying to sell a Honda in Joondalup is impossible.

Maya's CBR1000RR was in their shop from October to March and it didn't shift, looking at the stock they had when we dropped it off and when we picked it up, neither did anything else. No idea how they can keep their doors open.
        Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Originally posted by Heretic View Post
          Good points cut out to trim my quote reply..
          I think the issue is that a dealerships business plan is all about selling bikes, but the margin is unsustainably small given the quantity of sales. The businesses need to instead focus on higher margin services like maintenance/customisation...

I'd liken it to the process of buying a weapon through a firearms dealer... they charge a fee to have the gun sent to them direct from manufacturer (or online website)... that's a small part of their actual profit... the majority of their profit comes through gunsmithing/value adding which is a business model that is mostly sustainable because most dealers are part-time retired grumpy bastards who hate people and might have a 'real' job as well.

But alas I digress, maybe motorbike dealerships need to be backyard part-time 'for the love of the sport' thingo's that people do partially for the money, partially for something to do.

Comment

Stealerships need to devolope a social conscience.

Use basic good natured types to front counter the products and after sales.

Get a grip on what motorcycling means to people....kids on peewee types...returning riders who hate being bullshitted to...community involvement, including training days for the new customers..ride day discounts for long term customers.

Open days for anyone interested enough to drop by for maintenance info ..FFS they could sell basic tool kits.. instruct on pre ride checks...show video and link to customers phones for updates of recent product upgrade and changes to road rules/conditions.

Advertise road safe promotions and charity rides. In house demos. live stream video of info in store...FFS sell coffee and have foot path tables n shit..best method security for parked bikes.. etc etc etc.

Lobby local Gubbinmint for fair and equal share of road use .. sell bike insurance and not rip off factory loans ..and help promote initiatives like speed camera zones safe places to ride fast..

And just try to not be sarcastic cunts.

Oh wai...... No no It's OK I'm awake now... whaddayah want!!??
            " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Comment

Originally posted by TurboR1 View Post
              I know trying to sell a Honda in Joondalup is impossible.

Maya's CBR1000RR was in their shop from October to March and it didn't shift, looking at the stock they had when we dropped it off and when we picked it up, neither did anything else. No idea how they can keep their doors open.
              Was it on consignment? I considered putting mine with them but ended up selling to them for $8K (for a 1 owner 015 blade with full dealer history )

Comment

As much as current economic climate and dealer attitudes can be blamed, part of the problem is the manufacturers. Asking dealers to order/pay for 1 of each product line and model when dealers know they won't shift is economic disaster. Also, when was the last "new" everyday bikes from the big 4 jap companies? Each had half a dozen versions of the same bike (think mt09, sv650, cbr500/650, z1000/ninja/versys etc). Whats happened to the "special" models? And no, an ohlins sticker and $5k price hike does not a special make. Mt01, tlr, vtr sp, new supersports every 2-3 years etc. I have been trawling the manufacturer websites for months looking for something that suits, but way better off spending the 15-20k on 2 older bikes that are more specific than one all-rounder. If only rego was discounted on extra vehicles. This isn't bike specific either. The amount of models unavailable to oz is massive. I really wanted a stripped sti that japan gets, don't want climate leather sunroofed sat nav heated stereo in my tarmac race car
                yes, i am ignorant
                yes, i am a prick
                no, i don't care
                you make me sick

Comment

no bike shop gets by on bike sales, most of the time you only talking a few hundred dollars profit from a 10k investment type scenario (alot of the time even losses just to move them on) the Honda rep will tell dealers they are there to move bikes not make money... idiot.. and Yamaha, well they are slowly destroying themselves, pretty sure cullys will be the only dealer in the world one day haha with nothing but a stack of vintage bikes in their line up, 4 years and to late to bring the 700 to the market plus a flat out refusal to even try to compete with KTM in the offroad market has slowly turn me from a Yamaha die hard to wanting to burn down the factory haha

its the workshops charging a mechanic out for $110 p/h (he would only see $30 of that) & parts with much markup above retail for genuine parts, i hate shops that charge above retail. like you get charged extra of their shitty arrogant attitudes lol

Comment

Originally posted by shortSteve View Post
                    As much as current economic climate and dealer attitudes can be blamed, part of the problem is the manufacturers. Asking dealers to order/pay for 1 of each product line and model when dealers know they won't shift is economic disaster.
                    yes, i agree its absolutely the manufacturers to be blamed, not to mention having to use their floor plan ( bike stock finance ) they dont seem to get that manufacturers and dealers are symbiotic, if your long term dealers are not successful then neither are you and you need to take a good long hard look at yourselves. it a perfect storm for a lot of bike shops at the moment, high overheads, reduced economy, reduced interest in motorcycles overall, low bike margins and the internet effecting the accessories.

Originally posted by Hillz View Post
                    no bike shop gets by on bike sales, most of the time you only talking a few hundred dollars profit from a 10k investment type scenario (alot of the time even losses just to move them on) the Honda rep will tell dealers they are there to move bikes not make money... idiot.. and Yamaha, well they are slowly destroying themselves

its the workshops charging a mechanic out for $110 p/h (he would only see $30 of that) & parts with much markup above retail for genuine parts, i hate shops that charge above retail. like you get charged extra of their shitty arrogant attitudes lol
                    in my mind the profit you should get from a premium bike brand dealership by selling bikes is the reason to have one, it would be your core business, but thats not there so why bother?? if some dope is walking around actually saying dealers arent there to make money he should be sacked. on the spot. but i think hes highlighted the problem.

i dont think $110 ph is too bad but charging over rrp isnt cool man, not cool, i had to order a clutch cutout switch for my GSXR an was seeing prices $35 USD and like that for genuine and non genuine parts on ebay and the net, wandered in and got a genuine suzuki part locally from a dealer for $19.00 including the mounting screw. happy dayz, i will be going back there ( and have )

sorry to rant on but being on the outside looking in my opinion somethings on the nose with the dealer model.
                    I cant help it if your perceptions don't match my reality

Comment

some shops i know that charge over retail

Savage, KTM OEM parts , not sure about suzuki ive never got any from them

Mandurah city on every thing KTM / yamaha / everything.. most expensive place i ever bought yamaha parts from..
                      Last edited by Hillz; 04-03-2019, 01:32 PM.

Comment

yes, i agree its absolutely the manufacturers to be blamed, not to mention having to use their floor plan ( bike stock finance ) they dont seem to get that manufacturers and dealers are symbiotic, if your long term dealers are not successful then neither are you and you need to take a good long hard look at yourselves. it a perfect storm for a lot of bike shops at the moment, high overheads, reduced economy, reduced interest in motorcycles overall, low bike margins and the internet effecting the accessories.

in my mind the profit you should get from a premium bike brand dealership by selling bikes is the reason to have one, it would be your core business, but thats not there so why bother?? if some dope is walking around actually saying dealers arent there to make money he should be sacked. on the spot. but i think hes highlighted the problem.

i dont think $110 ph is too bad but charging over rrp isnt cool man, not cool, i had to order a clutch cutout switch for my GSXR an was seeing prices $35 USD and like that for genuine and non genuine parts on ebay and the net, wandered in and got a genuine suzuki part locally from a dealer for $19.00 including the mounting screw. happy dayz, i will be going back there ( and have )

sorry to rant on but being on the outside looking in my opinion somethings on the nose with the dealer model.
                        Suzuki seem to be the only manufacturer (jap big 4) that keeps parts stock in oz. Never had to wait for genuine parts longer than 3 days. Yamaha were hopeless (not the dealer, they were great), Kawasaki I haven't used for a few years but were not as readily available as Suzuki, have heard Honda just as bad as Yamaha. Shame I can't find a bike I like, prices are quite reasonable at the moment.
                        yes, i am ignorant
                        yes, i am a prick
                        no, i don't care
                        you make me sick

Comment

The fact that parts are hard to get and expensive was a major contributor to why I went European, we in Perth seem to get the same experience whether it's jap or euro (by exception, Suzuki).

Comment

Yep I used to use THS but found they rarely had anything in stock and would have to order it in and wait a week and pay ridiculous shipping charges as well My 1st R/R years ago was over $100 + $10 s&h, only took ~4 days but probably could have ordered from the USA and got it for ~$80 in a similar timeframe Wanted mushroom fairing bolts, THS was ~$4.50 + ~$4 s&h each, ordered some from the US with some other bits like a visor insert etc and paid only $1.50 each and the s&h was only a fraction more

Saying that some places aren't too bad on stuff, I was doing some work on my Bird a week or so ago and found the left front indicator wasn't working and thought it was globe until I opened it up and found it was the bulb socket that went on the end of the indicator sub harness wiring

I expected that I would need to either order from a dealer and wait weeks and get raped or look for a genuine on the net somewhere or a copy off eBay and still wait a while Ron Ayers US listed them @ $10.88 USD and Partzilla @ $11.42 USD plus whatever shipping is applied and I'd guess a week wait

I was surprised to find one listed on www.westcoastmotorcycles.com.au and it was only $16.40 AND in stock so rung to check and then went and picked it up

Originally posted by shortSteve View Post
                            Suzuki seem to be the only manufacturer (jap big 4) that keeps parts stock in oz. Never had to wait for genuine parts longer than 3 days. Yamaha were hopeless (not the dealer, they were great), Kawasaki I haven't used for a few years but were not as readily available as Suzuki, have heard Honda just as bad as Yamaha. Shame I can't find a bike I like, prices are quite reasonable at the moment.
                            The last couple of years I've been getting my regular parts I don't want to wait for from Rick Gills and they've usually had a part in stock or was able to get one ex east within a day or so Most other stuff like brake pads/filters/plugs/chains & sprockets etc I order beforehand and usually from the US as it's much cheaper
                            #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                            Originally posted by Phildo
                            Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                            Originally posted by filbert
                            i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                            Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Working...
                            X