Another one bites the dust.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another one bites the dust.

Joondalup Motorcycles is giving up its Suzuki dealership, and closing down.
    Sale now on.
    The only thing wrong with a perfect ride to work is that you end up at work.
    G T

Originally posted by Green Trident View Post
    Joondalup Motorcycles is giving up its Suzuki dealership, and closing down.
    Sale now on.
    Yer Bit sad but just the way the market is at the moment. Steve is staying on to do servicing/suspension work out the back. But the main shop front will close.

Adam and Steve were always good to deal with. Can only wish them both the best.

Comment

so its not closing down, just down grading operations to more affordable levels, makes sense WA is a shit place to own a bike shop these days

90% of them is there own fault for being stuck up cunts, but even the nice ones struggle

Comment

Was in at Cannington Motorcycles (pretty sure that's the shop) last winter looking for a new pair of oven mitts for winter and they said they used to sell 30 bikes/month. They're now selling 2 bikes/month. Tough gig.

They were in a prime position on Albany Hwy but they've shifted a bit further back - presumably smaller shop and less rent.

Comment

Adam is a bloody legend. Best customer service of any dealership in Perth by a mile. Always remembered my name, even if I hadn't been in there for 6 months. Took my bike in there just before 5pm for a service the following day and Adam offered me a lift home as he was finishing work.

I needed my valve clearances done, so I took my bike in there, he threw me a service manual and said save some money and do it yourself, just bring the manual back when you're finished.

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Dealer View Post
            Adam is a bloody legend. Best customer service of any dealership in Perth by a mile. Always remembered my name, even if I hadn't been in there for 6 months. Took my bike in there just before 5pm for a service the following day and Adam offered me a lift home as he was finishing work.

I needed my valve clearances done, so I took my bike in there, he threw me a service manual and said save some money and do it yourself, just bring the manual back when you're finished.
            This 100%. The service I got there is the reason I kept going back. Their service has been top notch.

Comment

Legitimate question for those who may know, just how many new bike dealers are still operating in WA, especially the metro area / surroundings?

If possible, how many were there during the good times?

It would be interesting to see the actual attrition rate vs downsizing or restructuring...
              Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.

Comment

it would take me a little while to make up such a list, i'll try & have a look tomorrow if things are quiet. would be interesting

as we know many are gone Kawasaki Northside / chapman / highway yamaha / wanneroo m/c the KTM west / all the causeway etc many shops giving up their franchises & plenty of rumors others are closing

but i can tell you shit looks bad for franchises in WA, some are doing well & many sole traders can do very well but i think the big brands suck the life out shops in WA when the demand just isn't there , even some sole trader shops that use to do big business back in the day are having trouble even keeping the lights on today
                Last edited by Hillz; 15-03-2018, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Midvale will be closing at the end of feb... another shop put to the wall thanks to yamaha's unrealistic demands

word is savage was keen to purchase but that fell through when Cam-am didn't want to compete side by side with yamaha

Comment

Originally posted by Hillz View Post
                    Midvale will be closing at the end of feb... another shop put to the wall thanks to yamaha's unrealistic demands

word is savage was keen to purchase but that fell through when Cam-am didn't want to compete side by side with yamaha
                    I got that feeling last year when yamaha oz sent out letters saying midvale would no longer be a warranty agent and to go to five star. So not including nandurah/bunbury i think it is 2 yamaha dealers left, one big kwacka franchise over 3 stores, 2 suzuki, 4 honda (maybe five with rockingham??) and a couple of triumph. Rick gills is multi branded (iirc honda, suzuki, mv and something else??) as may be rockingham dealer aswell, think they took over witch cycles. Brittons (kim) is triumph now i think too.
                    yes, i am ignorant
                    yes, i am a prick
                    no, i don't care
                    you make me sick

Comment

rick gill doesn't have honda anymore, got taken off them at the start of the year. and pretty sure rockingham told honda to stick it, apparently the dealers are not there to make money only there to move bikes is what the honda guy told him

seems like there will only be one of each in the metro area in the years to come, as of now yamaha is just Cully's, five star & mandurah (if you want to pay +20% above retail) normally trade get trade price.. not at mandurah, everyone gets raped lol
                      Last edited by Hillz; 31-01-2019, 12:43 PM.

Comment

pretty sure rockingham told honda to stick it
                        Correct. Just been there a few days ago now it's Kawasaki and Suzuki only and it's called "Western Edge Motorcycles". Nearly missed it cause I was looking for the Honda sign that was of course gone by then

Comment

rick gill doesn't have honda anymore, got taken off them at the start of the year. and pretty sure rockingham told honda to stick it,
                          That's a bummer Looks like I'll be buying ALL my parts online from now on as THS can go suck a dick, not getting a cent more from me given the bad dealings I've had with them previously
                          #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                          Originally posted by Phildo
                          Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                          Originally posted by filbert
                          i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                          Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Rick gills do MV Augusta, Aprilia and Moto Guzzi as well as Suzuki.

Cully's have Triumph as well now. I was at their new store the other day, very nice.

Originally posted by Para045 View Post
                            That's a bummer Looks like I'll be buying ALL my parts online from now on as THS can go suck a dick, not getting a cent more from me given the bad dealings I've had with them previously
                            There is a few of the remaining dealerships that I won't deal with ever again, well except to throw in a hand grenade.

Can we buy motorcycles online?

Comment

I remember the same thing happening in the UK in the late 70's...unrealistic prices and insurance premiums were the main cause back then...still many bike shops closed their doors. Insurance was and still is mandatory before you can ride or drive anything on the road ergo they charge like a wounded bull.
                              Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Comment

Working...
                              X