Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't run from the Cops..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by GsxInShed View Post
    Srs question ...The cops are chasing you and they cease chasing you.....how do you know they have stopped chasing...?
    That's exactly right. The cops flash their lights for a second, and some bloke is gonna gas it straight to 200kph and lose control. I dislike Police, but they can't be blamed for a rider's stupid decision and lack of ability.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by GsxInShed View Post
      Srs question ...The cops are chasing you and they cease chasing you.....how do you know they have stopped chasing...?
      They stop doing the thing that made you think they were chasing you....
      Originally posted by mekon
      Why are pirates called pirates?
      Because they Arrrrrr

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by MikeL View Post
        They stop doing the thing that made you think they were chasing you....
        ahh now that clears that up..........
        " Imagination is the seed of life..."

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Speed Dealer View Post
          That's exactly right. The cops flash their lights for a second, and some bloke is gonna gas it straight to 200kph and lose control. I dislike Police, but they can't be blamed for a rider's stupid decision and lack of ability.
          maybe we underestimate the plod.....it could just be a test of a riders ability..and the fail saves 'em having to impound and crush-errant rider does it for them..

          In doing so rider also injects funds into the legal system..and has a close-up look at the new hospital,from the inside..?

          win win....
          " Imagination is the seed of life..."

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by GsxInShed View Post
            maybe we underestimate the plod.....it could just be a test of a riders ability..and the fail saves 'em having to impound and crush-errant rider does it for them..
            If there's one thing cops hate, it's paperwork.

            Impounding a motorbike VS being involved in a fatal pursuit.

            What do you think the stacks of paperwork look like for each?

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Speed Dealer View Post
              If there's one thing cops hate, it's paperwork.

              Impounding a motorbike VS being involved in a fatal pursuit.

              What do you think the stacks of paperwork look like for each?
              How are they involved in fatal pursuits ? They always seem to call off the chase moments before the rider crashes. They're not involved at all
              Rest in Peace

              #294

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Ryanoceros View Post
                How are they involved in fatal pursuits ? They always seem to call off the chase moments before the rider crashes. They're not involved at all
                Our police force is highly regulated in regard to stuff like this.
                As an example: if you are arrested for a breath test, pass the test and are released, then die within 24 hours, that's a death in custody and will be investigated as such.
                But sure, keep spouting bullshit like this, I'm sure you believe you.
                Originally posted by mekon
                Why are pirates called pirates?
                Because they Arrrrrr

                Comment


                • #23
                  I don't have sympathy for anyone other than the owner of the stationary car who now has to go through the hassle of an insurance claim.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by MikeL View Post
                    Our police force is highly regulated in regard to stuff like this.
                    As an example: if you are arrested for a breath test, pass the test and are released, then die within 24 hours, that's a death in custody and will be investigated as such.
                    But sure, keep spouting bullshit like this, I'm sure you believe you.
                    Apparently our police force is highly regulated in regards to making false accusations and bringing people to court on those, didn’t stop them dragging me and my family through 8 months of hell for nothing. They’re also regulated in how they use tasers, didn’t stop that cop from tasering someone unjustly a few weeks ago. Just because there’s bullshit bureaucracy to abide by doesn’t mean there isn’t a culture of corruption
                    Rest in Peace

                    #294

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Ryanoceros View Post
                      Apparently our police force is highly regulated in regards to making false accusations and bringing people to court on those, didn’t stop them dragging me and my family through 8 months of hell for nothing. They’re also regulated in how they use tasers, didn’t stop that cop from tasering someone unjustly a few weeks ago. Just because there’s bullshit bureaucracy to abide by doesn’t mean there isn’t a culture of corruption
                      Just because the media says the cop used the taser in an unjust manner means nothing. There are two polar opposite views in this, when Quigley is involved it's biased one way just like that Spratt clown be supported. Guy is not fit for his office Hope the whole story comes out there is more to this than a cracked windscreen and a taser.

                      Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by MikeL View Post
                        Our police force is highly regulated in regard to stuff like this.
                        As an example: if you are arrested for a breath test, pass the test and are released, then die within 24 hours, that's a death in custody and will be investigated as such.
                        But sure, keep spouting bullshit like this, I'm sure you believe you.
                        +1 Same when released from prison, it can still be classified a DiC 48 hours after release
                        Also even IF WAPOL were to say there is no case to answer that doesn't mean professional standards/ACCC or coroner will see it the same way
                        #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                        Originally posted by Phildo
                        Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                        Originally posted by filbert
                        i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

                        98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                        Ozblackbird.net Administrator

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          The cops that are "allowed" to enter into pursuits - are they trained for high speed chases etc?

                          Originally posted by MikeL View Post
                          Our police force is highly regulated in regard to stuff like this.
                          I wish they'd regulate themselves more and focus on actual police work instead of revenue raising. Friends of mine are detectives and they despise traffic cops just as much as the public it seems.

                          Could be said too for politicians - we really need some regulation there.
                          '13 YZF-R1 // '00 RZ Supra // '72 XA Fairmont Sedan (Resto Project)

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by shifted View Post
                            The cops that are "allowed" to enter into pursuits - are they trained for high speed chases etc?



                            I wish they'd regulate themselves more and focus on actual police work instead of revenue raising. Friends of mine are detectives and they despise traffic cops just as much as the public it seems.

                            Could be said too for politicians - we really need some regulation there.
                            P4 drivers are trained on Tonkin highway doing 130 under lights and sirens (in a straight line). Are they trained ? Somewhat. They struggle in th suburbs though
                            Rest in Peace

                            #294

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Ryanoceros View Post
                              P4 drivers are trained on Tonkin highway doing 130 under lights and sirens (in a straight line). Are they trained ? Somewhat. They struggle in th suburbs though
                              Source?
                              The reason I ask is because one of the policemen I speak to regularly has an intimate knowledge of Barbs and has only ever been there for pursuit training.
                              Originally posted by mekon
                              Why are pirates called pirates?
                              Because they Arrrrrr

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                They dont do very well training on Julimar Rd.

                                - - - Updated - - -

                                I’d offer my services but it would be like riding with [MENTION=7181]Silent Bob[/MENTION] on a loan bike, [MENTION=17586]DQ[/MENTION] on his own.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X