No announcement yet.

Don't run from the Cops..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On both the Commodores and Falcons they use the standard brakes, which overheat and fade after a few corners.

2,000kg upward is a hell of a lot of weight to slow down and get around a corner.

In NSW they order their cars with Brembo front brakes.
    One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryanoceros View Post
      P4 drivers are trained on Tonkin highway doing 130 under lights and sirens (in a straight line). Are they trained ? Somewhat. They struggle in th suburbs though
      This is a load of crap. There is p2 P1 and pp there is no such thing as p4. P2 is on the road, P1 on the streets up to 140kph and pp is done in the road and track, many fail this.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Phildo View Post
        On both the Commodores and Falcons they use the standard brakes, which overheat and fade after a few corners.

2,000kg upward is a hell of a lot of weight to slow down and get around a corner.

In NSW they order their cars with Brembo front brakes.
        I hear some WA cab drivers use the Brembo package as well.... it must be a huge improvement on std .....
        " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Comment

Originally posted by GsxInShed View Post
          I hear some WA cab drivers use the Brembo package as well.... it must be a huge improvement on std .....
          200kgs of car plus driver in Phildo’s case.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeL View Post
            Source?
            The reason I ask is because one of the policemen I speak to regularly has an intimate knowledge of Barbs and has only ever been there for pursuit training.
            Originally posted by Marty MOOSE View Post
            This is a load of crap. There is p2 P1 and pp there is no such thing as p4. P2 is on the road, P1 on the streets up to 140kph and pp is done in the road and track, many fail this.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
            Based off of what I was told 2 years ago by an acquaintance who's a 1st class constable. My memory of what he said has probably been a bit distorted, but I vaguely remember hearing that.
            Rest in Peace

Comment

Maybe, maybe not. I got pulled over many years ago while riding appropriately on my supermoto. I pulled over when I saw the flashing lights in the rearview mirror. The copper actually seemed relieved and said "I'm so happy you didn't run for it, we knew we couldn't catch you" and took 12 kmh off my actual speed. He seemed genuine to me.
              -

Comment

Saw a runner last week and was wondering how it ended up, started a bit strange!!

Pulling out from work after a red sports bike had gone past. Caught up to him at the first set of lights and he wobbles through the stationary cars and then stops about 3 back. About a car length in front and in the right lane was a paddy wagon stopped about 2 cars short of the line with no one in front of him. All good everyone is just sitting there, then the bike decides to move slowly through the stationary cars, behind the paddy wagon over to the right turning lane and stops, so the coppers pull over behind him, no lights, nothing happening. Lights go green but they sit there on the red arrow till the traffic is almost gone then he guns it from the right lane straight up the road through the red. Saw them for about a k but the bike was long gone. Very weird type of runner when the cops hadn't actually done anything??
                Knowledge without mileage equals bullshit.

"The feelings mutual so kindly fuck off"

Comment

Originally posted by Geeman View Post
                  Saw a runner last week and was wondering how it ended up, started a bit strange!!

Pulling out from work after a red sports bike had gone past. Caught up to him at the first set of lights and he wobbles through the stationary cars and then stops about 3 back. About a car length in front and in the right lane was a paddy wagon stopped about 2 cars short of the line with no one in front of him. All good everyone is just sitting there, then the bike decides to move slowly through the stationary cars, behind the paddy wagon over to the right turning lane and stops, so the coppers pull over behind him, no lights, nothing happening. Lights go green but they sit there on the red arrow till the traffic is almost gone then he guns it from the right lane straight up the road through the red. Saw them for about a k but the bike was long gone. Very weird type of runner when the cops hadn't actually done anything??
                  Bike would have known.. Iphone on I'd guess........wapol doing licence check....paranoia got the best of rider....runner through red with cops behind would be a serious decision to make....rider fatigue..?? ;-)

And...why not just get off and go to see what the plod wants..? they are here to help the public..eh? Fuk doin a runner when it seems obvious they have nothing on you.....yet. ( would'a flashed the lights....)
                  Last edited by GsxInShed; 02-04-2018, 04:19 PM.

Comment

3 sms's so far... no, identical bike, not me
                    i don't perform such stupid fucking behaviour, like visiting gosnells

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Shabadoo View Post
                      3 sms's so far... no, identical bike, not me
                      i don't perform such stupid fucking behaviour, like visiting gosnells
                      What do people think of you Shabbi....?

Comment

maybe said rider hit the parked car on purpose to try & end it all & save him self brutal ridicule from his northern mates lol

Comment

Was the parked car the NA.......?

Comment

Originally posted by HP2 View Post
                            Another one who has paid a high price for running from the police..
                            http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/mo...28-p4z6u0.html
                            nah, he paid a high price for riding beyond his abilities.

running from cops had nothing to do with it
                            “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

wasnt there a thing a few years ago police were instructed not to engage pursuit of motorcycles as they wanted to avoid this situation?
                              Originally posted by Paraletic
                              little end bearing. best describes as the sound of 'A little black man with a hammer in your engine'. big end sounds like a bigger black man...

Comment

they just got sick of losing & it shows in their shitty attitude towards all motorcyclist... ghost rider or not, so fuck em every time a rider successfully evades a pineapple a mechanic fairy is born

Comment

Working...
                                X