Possible Loose Gravel on Toodyay Rd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Loose Gravel on Toodyay Rd

From about 11am today there will be roadworks on Toodyay rd between Country rd and Stoneville rd on the Eastbound lanes to fix the peeling surface.
    There will most likely be loose gravel on the road after it is done.

Please take care when going through there

Sent from my HTC_PO582 using Tapatalk

Originally posted by jetskier900 View Post
    From about 11am today there will be roadworks on Toodyay rd between Country rd and Stoneville rd on the Eastbound lanes to fix the peeling surface.
    There will most likely be loose gravel on the road after it is done.

Please take care when going through there

Thanks for that mate, will be going through there this arvo on the way to work tonight
    This should have been done months ago when they did all the other roadworks
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Originally posted by Phildo
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Originally posted by filbert
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

what a cluster fuck that was, saw that destroyed road a few weeks ago.. why they didn't lay a proper road to start with is beyond me

that base over tar is a good cheap alternative for back roads that dont get used much but a main road GTFO

Comment

The problem with toodyay road (and other roads in the area such as haddrill in baskerville) is that they laid the road in winter
        There has been a lot of blame apportioned to the particularly wet winter but long story short the road has failed either from water or temperatures being too low to allow the work to cure properly
        In the haddrill instance they hadn't accounted for the fact that trucks would be using and turning on the road (quite ludicrous considering the businesses in the area), and I mention it because some group rides go down this road.
        There has been a bit of talk about it on a number of local fb groups but I couldn't find any direct references to it on a quick google search

Comment

Well that was a waste of time, nothing ended up getting done over the weekend that I can see It's a fucking joke how long that section of road has been fucked and the speed limit lowered along there, they even had 80kmh signs out near O'Brien/Roland Rd's but again absolutely no work getting done
          #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
          Originally posted by Phildo
          Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
          Originally posted by filbert
          i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
          Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Working...
          X