No announcement yet.

recall notice kwaka z900 it IS the return of the widowmaker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its the same old thing. those who complain loudest get all the attention.. like with dieselgate VW paid the yanks out billions.. yet not a single buyer in this country got a cent or even had the offer for their cars to be purchased back

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMeanie View Post
      I had a need to look through the Australian Recall list yesterday for a job I’m pricing.
      The info I got from the client was there was a recall by Honda for their CBR1000R cranks.
      No there isn’t. Only USA.
      I was amazed they only sent the shitty designed ones to the USA.
      Lucky eh?
      Possible, as they DO actually also make them in mexico.

Tis why US spec hondas often have the same indicators as my MC22, whilst we get smoked, updated shape ones. They’re built in Mexico.
      “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
        Possible, as they DO actually also make them in mexico.

Tis why US spec hondas often have the same indicators as my MC22, whilst we get smoked ones. They’re build in Mexico.
        Some must have slipped in here on a boat requiring medical attention.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMeanie View Post
          Some must have slipped in here on a boat requiring medical attention.
          Either that or your sample size of one is statistically insignificant, and the result of some other failure root cause. Who knows.
          “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
            Either that or your sample size of one is statistically insignificant, and the result of some other failure root cause. Who knows.
            The US recall was for distortion of gear on the end of the crank after heavy clutch use.
            I’m looking at one now.
            It also was a 4+ year warranty extension as I’m reading it.
            If the bike is out of warranty replace it no matter what.
            And it may just be a numbers game, but it may also be Honda Oz have a real problem issuing recalls.

Comment

I'm familiar with the recall

Comment

Working...
              X