X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Safety Community Conversation

Hey team,

Just got this come though.

"Researchers at the Curtin Monash Accident Research Centre are looking for 30 people to hear your opinion on how to improve road safety in WA."

If you're intersted heres the link:

https://www.involvingpeopleinresearc...IezFD0PP-j5FLg

Would be nice to get some MC reps in there.

Cheers

Ben

oops, would have probably gone if I'd seen this

Comment

Get rid of cars so we can get on with it.
      Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

They asked for ideas two or three weeks ago.
        I gave them mine.
        Received a couple of ‘likes’.
        Comments disappeared, was then unable to comment further, then FB link disappeared.
        I imagine ‘raise the speed limit’ and ‘make practical driving test a comprehensive test’ were classed as swearing by the Road Safety Council.

Comment

Yeah, unless it involves more speed cameras, they aren't interested.

It's a proven failed tactic, that will continue to be placed on repeat until no-one has a license any more.
          Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

No, they'll never take everyone's license away - there's too much money to be made from speeding fines. If *everybody* stopped speeding tomorrow, the government would be totally fucked. Make no mistake, with all the talk about Safety This, & Safety That, if they REALLY wanted to reduce the incidents of speeding they would. And it wouldn't include fucking hidden speed cameras.

Comment

Yes, replace the word "safety" with "revenue" in everything you read and hear about what they want to do on the road, and it makes much more sense and reads far more clearly.

Comment

I’d be concerned about whatever brain damage infests that group being contagious.
                “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

I for one really believe in safety on the road.some 8 years back was my interduction to motorcycling due mental health.
                  I was absolutely blown away how ignorant an selfish my road behaviour was, just getting my head around that was the biggest thing for me.The respect I now have for a motorcyclists whom take it to the next level is so much more I ever realised.
                  Only then I became aware the majority of car driving habits by people had no idea.just like I was !
                  Fear is the biggest weapon the government have, as long as they preach fear into young teenagers who what a “CAR”
                  There will be always that who what to push the envelope ,hence “ commodore crashes in house”
                  I meet a young couple some time back in their 30’s starting a family with a baby, they refused out right to have a car,
                  They had the view owning a car just give the right for the government a shitload other industry’s to “TAKE”an preaching fear into their life’s.
                  It was was a real Fascinating insight to see this family organised their daily routine without a car.
                  They had more money to spend on better ideas,like holidays overseas had a really awesome Office set up where a “car” was supposed be.
                  An the bloke said,“if I really needed my own source of Transport I’d get a motorcycle.”
                  Road safety education is what it should be called, an mandatory to all road users including -cyclists!!!!!
                  !

Comment

Working...
                  X