X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fatality in Highgate

My phones been blowing up this morning due to this unfortunate event;

https://thewest.com.au/news/perth/mo...=1554678366574

Wasn't me, thank you for those who expressed concern, but thoughts should go to another family.
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Glad you're OK.

Condolences to the riders family and friends.
    All I've got and more for #294...RIP Chris Adley
    #158...RIP James Thompson

Originally posted by Ryanoceros
    Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter

Comment

Good to hear, looks like the classic tail of car pulling out in front of bike..

Comment

I had a bit of a fright until I saw the pipe and knew it wasn't you. It's not a very common bike so it would have been good taste for the news to keep this shot under wraps for another day.

Another rider taken out by some brainless fuckwit who just can't be bothered to look. I can't believe the level of stupid out there. So unnecessary...
        EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest, or internet.

Comment

Originally posted by ApatheticEnd View Post
          I had a bit of a fright until I saw the pipe and knew it wasn't you. It's not a very common bike so it would have been good taste for the news to keep this shot under wraps for another day.

Another rider taken out by some brainless fuckwit who just can't be bothered to look. I can't believe the level of stupid out there. So unnecessary...
          Taken out by what looks like an old Toyota Camry ,probably worth about $200-400, driven by someone with very poor eyesight or some other personal issues.

RIP & condolences to the family & friends.

On the whole, it's pretty fucked.

Comment

As tragic as it is, unless we have information additional to the one photo and scant info in the article, we should probably try to avoid jumping to conclusions about who was at fault... we're the first to arc up when people jump to conclusions about riders involved in an accident.
            Last edited by Kristy; 08-04-2019, 08:08 PM.

Comment

saw the aftermath on my way home, road blocked etc.

Witnesses claim rider was in excess of 100km/hr - where their qualifications for that skill were gained I don't know. Maybe they meant little thing with two wheels made noise and scared me.

RIP rider

Comment

RSV4 with SC Project pipe = really really loud. Your average person is not capable of distinguishing noise from speed. That stretch is a 40 zone so relative speed would likely play a factor in people's perception. I would like to know the outcome of the crash investigation.

Be careful out there.
                EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest, or internet.

Comment

Did he turn off Beaufort on Broome or was he coming down Broome towards Beaufort?

As the news report stated heading east. But looking at the damage on the car and the direction it was pointing it makes more sense him heading west.
                  Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

It looked to me like the car had pulled out of the Chemist carpark turning right onto Broome into path of rider heading toward Beaufort. This just gives less credence to the witness statements that the rider was doing 100km/h. If he hadn't hit the car, there are two speedhumps in the 30m between the carpark exit and the corner. It's crazy to think that such a crash ends in a fatality though.

Comment

^ +1

Broome St has kerbside parking, making it harder to see the rider if they were going westbound. A SMIDSY.

Both the front bumper and FR quarter panel are banged up. Unless they're unrelated impacts, that's damn weird with the bike being on the opposite side of the car.
                      Ridden: Bicycles, Honda Today 50, 5kW E-Scooter, XT125 Pit Bike, CB125E, CBR125R, Munkers' E-Hyo, VT250 Spada, CB250F Hornet, CBR250RR MC22, Z300, YZF-R3, CB400SF, CB500X, ER6f, YZF-R6, CBR600RR, ZX6R, MT-09, CB1000R Neo, CBR1000RR, S1000RR

Comment

Originally posted by xor View Post

, that's damn weird with the bike being on the opposite side of the car.
                        not really... good chance it flipped over the bonnet & came to rest on the other side

Comment

Something strange if he was heading east on Broome Street. He could have come around the corner off Beafort and the run into the car exiting the chemist about 30 metres down the road.
                          -

Comment

Knew it wasn't you from the Pipe.

RR
                            http://www.cleanride.com.au - https://www.facebook.com/cleanridedetailingstudio/ - https://twitter.com/CleanRideAD - https://www.instagram.com/clean_ride_aus/

Comment

I feel for riders family and friends, I’m having a silent thought that perhaps the bike may have been stolen.
                              I can’t get my head around this given the rider was doing 100kkms in that area ,if he actually owns that model bike.
                              If they own that model bike I’d be thinking they wouldn’t do that there.
                              I mean to offend anyone ,just curious.

Comment

Working...
                              X