hoons beware

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hoons beware

joe public can now give photographic or video evidence of hoonism to the cops and get the hoons vehicle confiscated under new legislation

big brother is watching
    "I think she's kinda sweet...but she makes her living catching cum in her mouth and i'm sensing that's a problem with you"

that is total and utter bullshit.

thats so wrong..
    so now every man and his dog is going to play mr perfect citizen...

ok so who is gonna be the first to dob in someone they have a grudge on because they pissed them off by doing something better than them or beating them around barbagallo????

<div align="center"><div align="center">im the true green biker.....</div>

Comment

meh... the public has always been able to provide evidence... but they still have to prove that the footage/photo is of you/your vehicle.

There are evidence handling procedures that all evidence must comply with, IE anti tampering and chain of evidence etc.

This is just something to keep the old biddies happy. So when you go and do donuts on their lawn and they take photos of you... just ask for a copy for your scrap book.
      If you can... you MUST!

Comment

that is total and utter bullshit.

thats so wrong..
        so now every man and his dog is going to play mr perfect citizen...

ok so who is gonna be the first to dob in someone they have a grudge on because they pissed them off by doing something better than them or beating them around barbagallo????
        [/b]
        Exactly.
        Someone took my parking space so I will dob them in for doing burnouts etc... <_<

Comment

It goes both ways....

the next time someone does you an injustice, dont kick their door as usual

keep one hand on the bars,

get camera or mobile phone out of pocket, dont forget to maintain balance

stand up, aim shoot as veering off road

call bike rescue to get you home

send photo to I dont give a shit plod dept

wait for fine in the post for dangerous driving
          Real Men Ride Nakid
          http://www.streetfighters.com.au

Comment

You&#39;ll still require the evidence of them in the act

and as klink said, anti-tampering etc. Not any photographic/video evidence is allowed in court. most wouold get thrown out because it was not taken by official equipment by official (read unbiased) personnel.

And even if someone had a cameraphone or a camera out taking pics as you dot he burnout or speed on by, how well do you think they&#39;d be able to line up, focus and snap off a pic of your licence plate?

Oh, and Kel can give you tips on making your scrapbooks look purdy
            Originally posted by http://www.textsfromlastnight.com
            (626): I'm trying this new thing, it's called standards

Comment

You guys have no idea about whats on the horizon. I still have my Slovak passport if shit hits the fan ....

Comment

More info here

So basically if you do 45km/h over the limit, are involved in road rage or photographic/video/written statement is provided they impound your vehicle for 48 hours.

Since anti-hoon law was introduced in September 2004, more than 750 reckless and dangerous drivers have had their vehicles impounded for 48 hours.[/b]
                So what they are saying is that an increasing amount of vehicles are being impounded due to hoon laws, meaning this is not reducing the amount of hooning? No....never....

"At the start of the season, you can’t win the championship in the first round, but you can lose it.” - Travis Pastrana

"If your mind can conceive it then
                your hands can achieve it"- Nigel Petrie (Engineeredtoslide.com)

Comment

Actually Mattis, 95% of the cars the confiscate, are mum and dads Ford Falcon driven by innocent lil Dave who would never get 3 of his scumbag looser mates to hold the rear guards up so it would pull open wheeler burnouts.

The whole thing is sold on the perf car and bike scenario, and actually thats not the genre thats the perp here.

Comment

and as klink said, anti-tampering etc. Not any photographic/video evidence is allowed in court. most wouold get thrown out because it was not taken by official equipment by official (read unbiased) personnel.
                    [/b]
                    It doesnt need to be unbiased persons... but the evidence has to be unbiased/unedited. IE they cant submit a portion of a photograph, it would have to be in its entirety. Police are not considered unbiased, but they are sworn officers which gives them a bit more "kudos" in court when they give evidence, but they still have to PROVE that the evidence shows the accused doing whatever naughty thing it was they were accused of.

For example... audio evidence is something I may know something about. Audio evidence has to conform to the "McKeever Hurdles" principal:
                    1. Recording device must be capable of recording the conversation - Fact that the recording exists is usually enough proof
                    2. The operator is competent to use the recording device - Fact that the recording exists is once again usually enough proof
                    3. Conversations were made voluntarily and without inducement - Officers testify to this fact
                    4. The speakers are identified - There are ways to prove this forensically
                    5. The original recording is preserved - Evidence handling procedures
                    6. Recording is authentic and correct - There are ways to prove this forensically
                    7. No changes, additions, or deletions have been made - Evidence handling procedures and the recording is made available in its entirety from start to finish.

Its not an easy process to get a tick in each box. So the short answer is... yes "Joe public" can submit evidence... but without the proof of integrity the evidence will most likely be thrown out.
                    If you can... you MUST!

Comment

joe public can now give photographic or video evidence of hoonism to the cops and get the hoons vehicle confiscated under new legislation

big brother is watching
                      [/b]

errr...
                      *waits for police to come knocking on front door*
                      Hello, you've reached the psychiatric hotline. If you are obsessive/compulsive, press 1 repeatedly. If you have multiple personalities, press 2, 3, 4, and 5. If you are simply paranoid, just stay on the line - we know who you are.

Comment

** goes and fits video camera to bike **
                        However, FJ and Uncle Ho (MyFX) are 2 examples of people that dont fit this genre but fit into the forum well as well respected members.

Comment

Actually Mattis, 95% of the cars the confiscate, are mum and dads Ford Falcon driven by innocent lil Dave who would never get 3 of his scumbag looser mates to hold the rear guards up so it would pull open wheeler burnouts.

The whole thing is sold on the perf car and bike scenario, and actually thats not the genre thats the perp here.
                          [/b]
                          michelle roberts (or more likely one of her assistants) specifically said to me in an email that a very small percentage of the cars confiscated are "modified performance cars".

i think TurboR1 needs to start selling camera kits like the one poking through the screen on his bike. then we can flood the cop shops with footage of dickhead drivers
                          Originally posted by Friedrich Hayek
                          "The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."

Comment

.. yeah, I still got me UK passport but I think this hype was all generated from the UK so I&#39;m screwed both ways ... looks like I&#39;ll hafta hide in ya luggage when ya leave for Slovakia Saf

You guys have no idea about whats on the horizon. I still have my Slovak passport if shit hits the fan ....
                            [/b]
                            .. and thats Racer # 193 to y'all; my fabulous sponsors (who all do good shit) are: Graeme Fleming IT Consultants, Vision Image, Pacific Safety Wear, Excess Power Equipment, Pro Photo Booth

.. and according to Sean'o: 'get the Kwaka (never thought i would say that!)'

Comment

If anyone wants helmet cams, let me know.

Total hands free and allows you to film all the cagers in they&#39;re full glory - carrying on like they always do.

Great way to hilite what we have to deal with everyday and it just may help in an accident claim or hit and run situation that us riders are often dealing with.

Comment

Working...
                              X