Black Hawk Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Hawk Down

Oh no we have lost yet another soldiers life in a helicopter accident, a Black Hawk has crashed off the side of the HMAS Kanimbla killing one soldier and one is still missing. See link:

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20843258-2,00.html

Thoughts go to the families. RIP Aussie diggers
    sigpic

rip dood(s)

Comment

Seahawks have more power than Blackhawks for landings at sea etc. etc. so why the feck are Blackhawks doing sea landings...
      Trev
      MCNEWS.COM.AU

Comment

Blackhawks are like $10 hookers... Garanteed to go down.

Christ they even made a movie titled the same.

You enlist in the defence force, you are put in harms way, things like this happen.

Choppers aren't the most reliable of transports, hear about them crashing fairly frequently in the oil and gas game.
        Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

R.I.P.
          FTP

Comment

Seahawks have more power than Blackhawks for landings at sea etc. etc. so why the feck are Blackhawks doing sea landings...
            [/b]
            Because Blackhawks are standard on Kanimbla. Kanimbla is a helicopter carrier.

If you can... you MUST!

Comment

Never good news, thoughts with the families and also the unit members and crew, guts ya when you lose someone............
              There is no such thing as an accident, people make mistakes............ the trick is to have enough space to make your own, then identify and avoid others making theirs.

Anyone coming up from behind is either breaking the law............. or enforcing it, the first have to look to rule No. 1, the second have my full attention and courtesy.

"HORSEPOWER is how fast you hit something"

"TORQUE is how far you go through it"

Rule No. 1 : NEVER make contact with a vehicle in front of you, it doesn't matter what they are doing, it is YOUR fault........... geddit!!!!.

Comment

The blackhawks are a fantastic helicopter that is far superior in performance and safety than any other helo, accidents happen , and that is all that this is

RIP to the Two diggers and my thoughts are with their families.

Comment

Thats not good news I knew one of the guys in the Blackhawk collision from the 1990's and he's got life-long health problems cos of it. I hope they find the other guy!
                  Damo

Comment

drkside i knew most of the guys from 1996 and tex knew them all and to see another one go down with the guys on them is not good at all.

RIP to the guys. The familes know the guys died doing what they were trained and were very proud of what they do.

words cant express the loss.

and as for helo's

i would prefer to be in a blackhawk any day to a seahawk.....if i want a boat anchor i would pick a seahawk...there has been more than one soldier/sailor lost on a seahawk
                    A site all parents should check regulary
                    http://www.mako.org.au/temp_a.html

(+)

Comment

Not good to hear

My thoughts and condolonces to family and friends .

Comment

Because Blackhawks are standard on Kanimbla. Kanimbla is a helicopter carrier.
                        [/b]
                        Ah, out of the loop.... We didn't have Kanimbla when I use to control Seahawks and the like.
                        Trev
                        MCNEWS.COM.AU

Comment

R.I.P

lwf

Comment

RIP...have a girlfriend who is a helo engineer on the Kanimbla.
                            Originally posted by Red_is_Best
                            hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Comment

Poor bastards, never good.

As to the missing soldier, I hope they find him sitting at a local bar downing a beer.

Thoughts go out to all those affected.
                              Feed 'em to the pigs, Errol....

Comment

Working...
                              X