Another rider down... but not out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another rider down... but not out

Just a quick message to say that I went down today on the country ride. Another rider went down as well, but I don't know the details about that. All I do know is that the other bike wasn't in very good shape, but the rider walked away (albeit with a limp).

As for me... I am ok. The doctor said that there was no dirt in my wounds, so basically I have got a few bad carpet burns and a very sore hip (well it will be soon).

As for what happened... Initially I fell behind due to some electrical probs. Once the bike started I was riding hard to try and catch up. I rounded one corner (the third last corner before I caught up to everyone I think) with a car parked just on the crest. I touched the front brakes and low-sided. Other than a lot of plastic damage, front brake lever missing and no right indicator, the bike came out ok. However I seem to recall that there was a largish rock that was dislodged (so the parked car driver said) so there could be a little more damage than I first thought, but that is something I will deal with tomorrow.

On a totally different note. On the way home (in the Motorcycle Mover truck) there was a pretty big accident scene. What it looked like was a car travelling at (very?) high speed decided to see if his/her car was stronger than a bridge support. It didn't look good at all.

Oh Hewie, I will be needing a new helmet. Mine has done its job a needs to be put into retirement...
    "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins (The Fellowship of the Ring: J.R.R. Tolkien)

gee, that doesn't sound good, hope you guys don't get any serious injuries from it.

where was the car accident?
    Ideal Soccer Team

Comment

No serious injuries on my behalf.

The car accident was on the freeway at Rowley Road (about 2'ish I think)
      "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins (The Fellowship of the Ring: J.R.R. Tolkien)

Comment

The other one down on the country run was me, unfortunately.
        Went a bit quick round a RH 50km/h corner (bout 90 - 100). From what i remember went out to wide and straight for the side. Hit the gravel in full lean. I rolled/slid about 50ish meters down the side of the road while my bike merrily plowed into a pole.
        Bike is a total write-off, but fortunately I am not. Went to hospital for checkup and Xrays. No fractures but alot of bruising. I'm sore now, and will be more so tomorrow.
        Oh well. Have to go see bank on Tuesday and get another bike!

BTW, Who needs draggins? I was wearing "Just Jeans" jeans and not even the slightest tear!

I'll post the pics soon.
        See you all out there again soon.
        HONDA! F#@ YER!

Comment

Glad to hear you are ok then, coz looking at your bike on the way back was kinda sickening.

Did you look at my jeans however. They were torn pretty badly.

Comment

BTW Thanks to all the guys out there for your support!
            HONDA! F#@ YER!

Comment

Good things you both are "ok" sorry to see the GPX in a F%&ked up way, I'm sure all things will work out.

Keep it real bro

Comment

gee man I hope you are fine..and no long term fuckups.

as for the gpx, yeah thats one folded gpx!

I had one of them, I was just not comfortable doing that shit on that bike.

I like your attitude though, thinking of new bike already. Good stuff. be better next time
                Ideal Soccer Team

Comment

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Farkin' 'ell guys.

Glad to hear ya's are ok and nothing broken. (well other than the bikes.)

I hope you both get back on 2-wheels soon.

Where was it? Not O'brian Rd?
                  sigpic

Comment

Sorry to hear guys, glad your all ok

shit, with the way these country runs are going maybe we should get the motorcycle mover to just follow as a support car in future, might save on call out fees! :shock:

Comment

shit fellas. i recon someone must be out Sabotaging (sp?) bikes. how many have been down in the last four or five days? must be at least 5?

Comment

glad to hear your both ok, pitty about the bikes but I guess it's only money :roll:

Was it a case of inexperience or over exuberance ??

either way be carefull on those runs it's easy to get caught out....

Comment

man this past week and a half has been TERRIBLE. what in the hell is going on?
                          well i shall be out of action till after winter. maybe then i shall consider a bike. It's good to hear you okay. you looked pretty bad in the second foto without the shoe.
                          Hope all goes well mate and take it easy.
                          Masda74

Comment

glad to hear your both ok, pitty about the bikes but I guess it's only money  :roll:  

Was it a case of inexperience or over exuberance ??

either way be carefull on those runs it's easy to get caught out....
                            I think it was a case of inexperience for me... and as for the money bit, well I will have to work that one out later.

Comment

No doubt it was a bit of both for me.

Had some real nice turns before the BAD one and just pushed it a little to hard for that specific corner, not knowing the roads well enough.
                              HONDA! F#@ YER!

Comment

Working...
                              X