Suspicious behaviour

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspicious behaviour

Riding home from work yesterday arvo, just entered the Mitchell Fwy heading north at the city, was heading along in traffic, and even though it was reasonably clear started thinking WTF everybody is driving under the speed limit (by 10k's) nobody is on the phone, everybody is concentrating and no t drifting around inside their lane, nobody is making quick lane changes.

So either everybody on the road had suddenly become dedicated to road safety and ensuring due driver attentiveness or ....

... There were cops around.

Yep there they were up the road, hand-held star wars at the ready, lucky for me i was alerted by all the drivers, but did see one person pull quickly over onto the emergency stopping lane a hundred meteres before the cops, was thinking either something to hide, or couldn't end the phone call.

Then I noticed the cop dive out between traffic to flag down a car 3 lanes over... either fucking brave or stupid, not going to find me trying to dodge near peak-hour traffic like that, even if I'm wearing one of their bullet proof cotton short sleeve shirts

Just goes to show how much of a dramtic effect two cops can have on traffic, if it had been a camera, there would have been a bit of a slow down for the camera, but all the other behaviour would have continued.
    Feed 'em to the pigs, Errol....

WORDS[/b]
    All too true, pity you didn't have Dorkington on the back Kim

Comment

Then I noticed the cop dive out between traffic to flag down a car 3 lanes over... either fucking brave or stupid, not going to find me trying to dodge near peak-hour traffic like that, even if I'm wearing one of their bullet proof cotton short sleeve shirts
      [/b]
      Did he have fluro vest.. they are bullet proof

No

well did you get a photo then???

work safe loves them shots and fine there arses off!!!

food for thought next time anyone gets stopped, if they get out of the car without fluro on...
      snap away and get number
      Real Men Ride Nakid
      http://www.streetfighters.com.au

Comment

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE("BillyWizz")</div>
        well did you get a photo then???

work safe loves them shots and fine there arses off!!!

food for thought next time anyone gets stopped, if they get out of the car without fluro on...
        snap away and get number
        [/b]
        good grief somethings just never go away (like dogshit on your shoe)

this is an urban myth - police arent even covered by worksafe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I witnessed a similar &#39;leaping&#39; through the traffic lanes incident a week ago whilst driving a car on Winthrop Avenue just South of &#39;Charlies&#39; in the Northbound lanes. One operator only with high visibilty jacket (no police stop sign) runs between stream of cars doing 60 in left lane from the inside kerb, momentarily stands between the 2 lanes & then moves into centre of right lane to stop a car doing about 70-75 by standing directly in front with left hand up & right holding the laser device.

I was truly amazed from a personal risk management perspective. All sorts of things could have gone wrong. In my subjective opinion, this was overzealousness personified. You would not believe the response I received from an officer in Traffic - police have autonomous control of the specific area and the vehicles therein & are trained to evaluate risk.

For those who are curious, I was in the left lane stream of cars doing 60 in the 60 zone. After seeing this incident; surprise, surprise a fixed camera on the central median strip a few hundred metres further North just before the 60 becomes a 70 zone.

sigpic Avatar: Sunburnt Photography. Signature: Ozboy

Comment

Lucky he wasn&#39;t a motorcycle cop otherwise someone may not have seen him and...........................
            Remember - Opinions are like Assholes
            Everybody has one and sometimes they STINK !

Comment

Lucky he wasn&#39;t a motorcycle cop otherwise someone may not have seen him and...........................
              [/b]
              Feed 'em to the pigs, Errol....

Comment

In france they use cardboard cutouts of cops with lasers up and down the highways, has the effect of slowing people down. Then they either have a real operator further up or will sneak the cutout away and stick a real cop there, fines for doing 0-20mph over the limit are quite small and no demerit points, 20+ and the cops are very serious, loss of license, fines, jail time on first offence if its bad enough. Either way having a police presence (even if its a fake cut out) slows cards down, hiding in the bushes with a black camera does nothing to slow traffic it just catches people out.

Comment

In france they use cardboard cutouts of cops with lasers up and down the highways, has the effect of slowing people down. Then they either have a real operator further up or will sneak the cutout away and stick a real cop there, fines for doing 0-20mph over the limit are quite small and no demerit points, 20+ and the cops are very serious, loss of license, fines, jail time on first offence if its bad enough. Either way having a police presence (even if its a fake cut out) slows cards down, hiding in the bushes with a black camera does nothing to slow traffic it just catches people out.
                  [/b]
                  thoes posters of the cop with the radar in the bus shelters have make me panic a few times =P

Comment

dont coppers have another kind workers compo thing?
                    a friend of mine had her tit squeezed while arresting a guy.........got a couple of grand for it. I offered queeze the other one to even it up and split the $ with her, but wasn&#39;t into it, in fact she offered to tazer my arse!

it was an offer i had to consider seriously for a while!
                    euphoric, ZRX1200R, XSR900, XR400

Comment

They obviously didn&#39;t see the bone head I followed briefly on the freeway this morning. Ute doing 80kays in the middle lane. Boof head drivers head is bobbing up and down - WTF - I cruise past and the moron is cleaning his bloody teeth! Flamin toothbrush jammed in his gob. Tell me thats attentive driving.
                      I'm in yr matrix
                      freein' yr minds.

Comment

its funny how you know somethings up because people are driving well... "wtf he checked his blind spot AND indicated..... hold me "
                        Originally posted by Friedrich Hayek
                        "The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."

Comment

its funny how you know somethings up because people are driving well... "wtf he checked his blind spot AND indicated..... hold me "
                          [/b]
                          So true
                          "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

[/b]
                            i always get worried when i see the driver is frekin around in the cage
                            doing make-up is a classic - then forget to reset rear mirror .. never mind ladies

its strange alright ..
                            still get nobbs doing 90-95 on freeway in mid or rh lane
                            keep left mofo&#39;s
                            Medicare cardholders can have a free eye test every two years at optometrists who bulk-bill<-- click THERE

Comment

dont coppers have another kind workers compo thing?
                              a friend of mine had her tit squeezed while arresting a guy.........got a couple of grand for it. I offered queeze the other one to even it up and split the $ with her, but wasn&#39;t into it, in fact she offered to tazer my arse!

it was an offer i had to consider seriously for a while!
                              [/b]
                              Your "friend" wasn&#39;t Corks by any chance? Apparently you can get of most charges with just a warning if you give his man boobs a feel

Comment

Working...
                              X