No announcement yet.

run to the airport to out run polair???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• run to the airport to out run polair???

QUOTE(Evil_Homer @ Jan 13 2007, 09:09 AM)

whats wrong with people when polair is out head straight towards the airport!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(TurboR1)
    ... And do what?

Polair- "requesting clearance over the quietest airport in the world"

Air control - "OK"

-----------
    For all those that watched the news and saw polair stop a comercial interstate flight to continue their chase..... might be thinking twice about trying that on a bike... barina wanted for break and enter and stealing thought it was a good idea... buuuuuuuuuuuuut why would you try and run in something that you couldnt even attemt to compare to a pursuit car..... AND A CHOPPER! oh well ... looked like they got owned too.

above quotes pulled from the last bike chase that came unstuck on a roundabout confirm a couple of comments that some people thought it was a good idea. nice one turbo think you summed that one up quite nicely...

Yer the Air traffic guys held up a commercial aircraft so that they could ensure htey caught them.
    Feed 'em to the pigs, Errol....

Comment

Yer the Air traffic guys held up a commercial aircraft so that they could ensure htey caught them.[/b]

Comment

barina wanted for break and enter and stealing thought it was a good idea[/b]
        good.

Comment

Believe what you want what I will say on this is it all depends

Comment

buuuuuuuuuuuuut why would you try and run in something that you couldnt even attemt to compare to a pursuit car.....[/b]
            Dude, unless they've got V8 commodores or XR6 turbos now, i'd take a Barina (definitely an SRi in any case) over a V6 commodore land-barge with 2 fat cops and 200kgs of police gear in it any day - particularly if you were going to do a runner along suburban streets, rather than taking the freeway which makes your path awfully predictable

V6 "pursuit" cars are actually not real quick. The reason they catch people is because of air assistance and radio to other cars...

edit:
            Not to say i'd try running in a barina. They have air support, etc... may as well try and tip the odds in your favour as much as you can by choosing something quick, I agree on that
            “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

The news I saw tonight said it was a ford, and it did look alot like a focus.

But it doesn't really matter what budget hatchback you're in, with polair above you you're pretty fucked.
              For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
              For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Its a shame but, they were only kids and proberly will just get a slap on the wrist.

Bring back the old days where the copper took you out the back and gave you a beating, then took you home to mummy and daddy who then gave you another beating.

Comment

Its a shame but, they were only kids and proberly will just get a slap on the wrist.

Bring back the old days where the copper took you out the back and gave you a beating, then took you home to mummy and daddy who then gave you another beating.[/b]

God forbid that that should happen whats wrong with you ya cant hit a child thats wrong what is society coming too

Comment

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Havago @ Jan 21 2007, 09:08 PM) [snapback]401652[/snapback]

Bring back the old days where the copper took you out the back and gave you a beating, then took you home to mummy and daddy who then gave you another beating.[/b]

God forbid that that should happen whats wrong with you ya cant hit a child thats wrong what is society coming too
                    [/b][/quote]

Hey did me no harm and I turned out a better person for it.

Comment

Dude, unless they&#39;ve got...XR6 turbos now[/b]
                      They do :o

Comment

The news I saw tonight said it was a ford, and it did look alot like a focus.

But it doesn&#39;t really matter what budget hatchback you&#39;re in, with polair above you you&#39;re pretty fucked.[/b]
                        It was a Ford Feista, 1.6 litres of grunt. Not a bad small car, but definately not a Hot Hatch.

Comment

whats wrong with people when polair is out head straight towards the airport!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(TurboR1)
                          ... And do what?

Air control - "OK"[/b]
                          On the other hand, Jandakot is one of the busiest airports in the world. I&#39;m sure that they wouldn&#39;t mind putting a bunch of light aircraft out in order to help the chase, but when there&#39;s a load of them to shift, it would take a while.

On the other hand, i guess polair "lives" at jandakot, so there might be a bigger chance of it being close by in the first place?
                          "I am the thinking man's idiot."
                          M. Bretski

Comment

QUOTE(TurboR1)
                            ... And do what?

Air control - "OK"

-----------
                            For all those that watched the news and saw polair stop a comercial interstate flight to continue their chase..... might be thinking twice about trying that on a bike... barina wanted for break and enter and stealing thought it was a good idea... buuuuuuuuuuuuut why would you try and run in something that you couldnt even attemt to compare to a pursuit car..... AND A CHOPPER! oh well ... looked like they got owned too.

above quotes pulled from the last bike chase that came unstuck on a roundabout confirm a couple of comments that some people thought it was a good idea. nice one turbo think you summed that one up quite nicely...[/b]
                            mmmmmmm looks like the old airport in the shoe trick might be over
                            stuff it head straight to the police station :suicide_fool-edit:

Comment

Even if Polair did not get clearance to enter Perth International/Domestic Airport... its fairly safe to say it has radioed to 27 odd cars behind you letting them know that you have just gone down a dead end road.....

Dumb Arses!
                              Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Working...
                              X