• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honda V5 road bike

MCN (UK) ran a story this week on an alleged V5 1200cc Honda street bike:

CLICK HERE

Now that would be interesting...

Sprint 8)

(sorry about the l-o-n-g URL, don't know how to embed them yet :oops: )

-edit melkor- i do

lol - thanx - Sprint
    Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Yeah saw that posted on SBN, the yanks there reckon the pic is BS but the figures are the real deal

Comment

New rumours circulating (latest MCN mag) about Honda and V-config hypersports...
      Will we ever see the latest purported model - the RVF1000?

S.
      Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

That's a really old photochop I remember seeing it early last year, I think it was one of Rapid's "If only.." concepts that they used to splash all over the cover.

Still, It's a nice concept.

Edit: A new v4 from Honda would be an excellent thing. Hopefully if they ever build it they can give it better on road manners than the Aprilia.
        Last edited by Commander Keen; 18-01-2011, 05:30 AM.
        Originally posted by Desmo
        Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

The story is about the compelling pressure for Honda to return to a v config (for it's hypersport flagship).... that is what holds the intrigue.

S.

Comment

MCN UK has been predicting this since the phasing out of the 500 stroker gp racers. They were certain the new VFR 1200 was going to be it hyped it to high noon they saw it then proceeded to completely bag it for the next couple of months to try and save face.
            Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Dunno if it will be v5
              dunno if it will be 1200cc

but my bet is you WILL see a 1000cc class honda sports bike with v4 or v5 configuration in the next couple of years specifically designed for ease of slotting into the claiming rule MotoGP rules.

(thus, my money is on <1000cc and 4 cylinders)
              “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

heh. Is it that time of year again? MCN have never been the most reliable of sources.
                Can you help with foster care?
                http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

amazing how far back the rumours go... although the patents honda have recently put through are promising.

please, please, please, build me an RC60 honda... i want a V4
                  The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Explosion View Post
                    heh. Is it that time of year again? MCN have never been the most reliable of sources.
                    forgetting MCN for a bit, one of the vfr1200 team guys interviewed (team leader? i forget it was a while ago i read it) made the comment that the current vfr engine design was intended to be one of a family of v4s, moving forward.

it would not surprise me in the slightest if it finally happened in the next 2 years. claiming rules in motoGP are just begging for honda to do it, and they've already got competition in the 1000cc v4 market from aprilia. if some 2 bit wog factory like aprilia can do it successfully, why can't honda (again)? surely they want to save face?

I'm sure there's market demand for it, if they pitched it at around the same price as the aprilia or s1000rr as a kind of limited run GP homologation thing, similar to the SP1/SP2.
                    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

How does a V5 configuration work?
                      http://jupiterstravellers.org

Comment

3 at the front bank, 2 at the rear.

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
                          I'm sure there's market demand for it, if they pitched it at around the same price as the aprilia or s1000rr as a kind of limited run GP homologation thing, similar to the SP1/SP2.
                          The Sp2's languished on showroom floors for many years after their release, the Sp1's had their price slashed and burnt to get them to move so I'm not sure about demand. Moto GP is a prototype class so you cannot run production bike parts or bikes on the track, if they did want to take on Aprilia they'd have to do it in WSBK.
                          Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Production based 1000cc engines allowed in Moto GP from 2012
                            “The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. - W Churchill”

Comment

^ whs.

v4 1000cc is an ideal "production" engine to enter into MotoGP 2012, and get the extra fuel, etc that the "production based" class is going to be allowed.

Comment

Working...
                              X