WAPS about to pineapple all Perth drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAPS about to pineapple all Perth drivers

Just heard it on tha radio. Dixie marshal says perth cops are about to blitz perth drivers. get the details on tonights news.

Tyson can you work your jedi powers and make the news report in a link for me ill be at squash. Much love for you!

I'm the noob you all pwn!

just because they're bored.. or?

Comment

just because they're bored.. or?[/b]
      or what ?

Comment

this will be fun...

Comment

trying to look like there doing something / scare people or havent met the required revenue
          either one
          "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

just because they're bored.. or?[/b]
            or they need the extra $$ for the Christmas party?
            Originally posted by vk6hgr
            My Hyosung couldn't do that speed if it was dropped in from orbit.

Comment

Lets hope they start pinging those half asleep fuckwits for clogging up the right hand lane of dual carriageways all the time instead of actually using them for overtaking. That really shits me big time, especially when you see the actions of drivers behind them slowly becoming full of rage and doing stupid stuff to get around them. Its no wonder so many people die on the roads here, most drivers are either asleep or not concentrating. I've lost count of how many white crosses i've seen at the side of a relatively well maintained STRAIGHT road - i mean how the hell do you die in a spot like that FFS?

Although i doubt the cops will bother, they're more interested in drivers who drift 3k's over the speed limit or who's lowered cars are 5mm too low. You know, real important stuff.

Comment

pffft...Random roadside drug testing

Comment

pffft...Random roadside drug testing[/b]
                  Oh FUCK
                  "YOU CAN TEACH A FAST RIDER TO STOP CRASHING,BUT YOU CANT TEACH A SLOW RIDER TOO RIDE FAST." Mick Doohan

Comment

yeah thats about it....

low level readout:- $200 fine + 3 demerit points (wtf, should be off the fucking road)
                    high level readout:- charges similar to drink driving

imo ANY readout should be a suspension of license. if you are not in any state to drive (ie:- fucked up on meth/weed whatever) you should have your license taken away.

Comment

It'd be nice if they did this...oh I don't know...every day of the fucking week, maybe, instead of on the odd occasion. But it's probably too hard. I mean, if they're out there actually getting unsafe vehicles and inattentive drivers off the road, who's going to eat all the donuts and take all the bribes?

imo ANY readout should be a suspension of license. if you are not in any state to drive (ie:- fucked up on meth/weed whatever) you should have your license taken away.[/b]
                      Couldn't agree more.

Working nights, one of my coworkers once told me about how he kept falling asleep at the wheel while driving home from work one morning, as though this was something to be proud of. When I challenged him on it, he said, "it wasn't that bad, it's not like I was drunk." Despite everything I tried, I couldn't make him realise that falling asleep repeatedly while driving is just as dangerous, if not more so, as driving when drunk.
                      The broken genius.

Comment

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(taint @ Oct 4 2007, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
                        yeah thats about it....

low level readout:- $200 fine + 3 demerit points (wtf, should be off the fucking road)
                        high level readout:- charges similar to drink driving

imo ANY readout should be a suspension of license. if you are not in any state to drive (ie:- fucked up on meth/weed whatever) you should have your license taken away.
                        [/b][/quote]

So if you haven&#39;t had a cone in a week where the effect has clearly passed, but still shows up you should be off the road. Its like saying have a beer yesterday and still get fined.

Hell you can get a detectable low level from passive smoking or a detectable level of amphetamines if you take diet pills.

I am all for not riding when you are so stoned you can hardly move. But if you have had a cone and the effect has clearly worn off and is not effecting judgement why should you even get fined at all.
                        You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

They can determine the specific amphetamine in your blood sample, so the argument of diet pills and medication is out the window.

That said, if it&#39;s illegal to possess/use these drugs, and they&#39;re in your system - there&#39;s hardly a counter argument.

Comment

But if you have had a cone and the effect has clearly worn off and is not effecting judgement why should you even get fined at all.[/b]
                            The problem with mind altering drugs (alcohol included) is that if you are under the influence, you are not in a state to determine if you are under their influence.

define "effects have clearly worn off".

Comment

They only test for Tetrahydrocannabinol, Methamphetamine and Methylenedioxy-methamphetamine.

Thats it according to what I&#39;ve read.

They have specifically excluded dexamphetamine, benzodiazepines and all drugs containing opiates.

Fairly narrow test IMO.

Theres also only one dedicated &#39;Drug Bus&#39; and only 12,000 mobile testing kits for the whole year so I think you&#39;d have to be pretty unlucky to get done were you to drive/ride under the influence.

BTW I don&#39;t think drving or riding whilst under the influence of drugs or alchol is a cool idea.

Some info

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/wa/bill...tab2006265.html
                              http://www.parliament.wa.gov.au/hansard/ha...7206b-7207a.pdf

Comment

Working...
                              X