Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAD - Sunday Times

Seems we are still newsworthy.

Trevor Hedge has written an article which mentions the MAD Show and Shine and tells everyone how much we earnt as well.

Sorry for the poor quality I am currently Sans-scanner.
    Feed 'em to the pigs, Errol....

Thanks Trev
    My Turbo Build

Thanks to Sponsors:
    Motorcycle Panel & Paint
    Q-Zar Fremantle
    Rated-R Parts
    PerthStreetBikes.com and it's generous members
    Carlisle Printing - Deals for PSB members
    CIC - Competition & Industrial Coatings
    Carpet Liquidators - Midland

Comment

ahhh yesss was reading that early this morning.........
      WARNING : this old dog bites !!

WARNING : BEFORE YOU THREATEN FIND OUT MORE ABOUT YOUR OPPONENT !!

Comment

I noticed a complete lack of media coverage of the event and the lead up to it.

What's with that? Were we deliberately snubbed, or do you need to bribe the media to get out and cover something these days?

This is all well and good, but it's about a month late now, isn't it?

edit:
        To clarify, good on ya trev, not having a go at you, just the media in general... mad was conspicuously absent from any of the "Events" listings, etc...
        “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Did you read the Sunday times on the day of the event?

You have to remember that in the day and age of the internet you don't need "Press" Look how many bikes turned up this year with only a hand full of hard copy articles out there.

The traditional media usually wont give free plugs unless there is something in it for them. Sunday times is really the only paper that has helped out in that way.
          My Turbo Build

Thanks to Sponsors:
          Motorcycle Panel & Paint
          Q-Zar Fremantle
          Rated-R Parts

Comment

Ahhh cheers.

No to be honest i didn't read the sunday times, but it's good to hear they covered it

I know the worst, news.com, etc didn't...

But yeah i agree net publicity is enough. I just found it kinda wierd how it wasn't covered in various other channels, because it's such a big event...
            “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

News.com.au covered it.
              My Turbo Build

Thanks to Sponsors:
              Motorcycle Panel & Paint
              Q-Zar Fremantle
              Rated-R Parts

Comment

Woops..... Dont know what im doing. Do a search for the topic ' The Penguin' as that was taken from Sunday times on the Mad day
                10.81 BLADE

I'm a flirtalicious

Comment

word of mouth ........... has ALWAYS been the best means of advertisement, 05 was a great turn out, 06 was amazing and this year FANTASTIC... we will need a bigger venue soooon

cheers ozy
                  WARNING : this old dog bites !!

WARNING : BEFORE YOU THREATEN FIND OUT MORE ABOUT YOUR OPPONENT !!

Comment

Originally posted by ozyr1 View Post
                    word of mouth ........... has ALWAYS been the best means of advertisement, 05 was a great turn out, 06 was amazing and this year FANTASTIC... we will need a bigger venue soooon

cheers ozy

especially with the lack of help or support from the City of Stirling the wouldnt even sponsor the tents this year but want a first class event organised for free on the foreshore

everyone who is a rate payer of COS ring your local councillors and let them know your displeasure... dont abuse just point out the lack of support

and great article trev and kudos to gryph for his work
                    A site all parents should check regulary
                    http://www.mako.org.au/temp_a.html

(+)

Comment

There is a reason for that Taz that you may not know about. It comes from alot higher than the COS.
                      My Turbo Build

Thanks to Sponsors:
                      Motorcycle Panel & Paint
                      Q-Zar Fremantle
                      Rated-R Parts

Comment

Sadly the best way to get your media point across is to yell "MAD RIDE __ of ____ 2008" as your being loaded into a paddy wagon after the arrest, because charity and good news stories really just dont stack up as much as hoons, and anything that annoys or pisses people off.

Then again some pissant footballer will pull a hamstring, and it will make a 60 second spot. Like who really gives a shit about him, football rugby or cricket. While last nights F1 from say Monte Carlo will see the drivers take off , one guy crash and the winner crossing the line - lets keep it under 10 seconds please. Ugh ....

Comment

Okay we did have the MAD ride listed in the events section of the Sunday Times for some MONTHS prior to the ride, it was also listed in the "What's On" Section of Perthnow for those same months.

We had Channel 10 filming the ride on the day.

We also had local coverage from the 'Community Newspaper' group.

We also had it listed in the Calendar of events on over 500 Websites.

It was listed on Google on about a thousand entries.

I was advertised on a couple of radio stations, as well as being in the Community News sections of the radio stations as well.

How do I know....

Coz I spent 6 Fucking months advertising the ride.

And if you think word of mouth is still the best method then try that next year. Coz word of mouth works at only one level, all the advertising, media, radio, TV works on ALL the levels, and improves the effect of sponsorship.

I hereby challenge anybody that thinks it could have been done better to step forward and do it for the MAD Ride 2008.
                          Feed 'em to the pigs, Errol....

Comment

Yeah channel 10 had quite a good segment about in on the News that day

Comment

Ignore the haters Gryphen, we know the hundreds of hours of hard work you put in, and we love you for it.
                              For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                              For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Working...
                              X