Cop's Spotted behind Causeways

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cop's Spotted behind Causeways

I was pulled over about a hour ago by 4 police men standing on the corner of the park behind the Causeway center..

I was fined and lost 3 points for going up the cycle path entrance on a no entry street..

i thought o well at the time was in the wrong.. but when i looked up what i was charged with it was..

ROAD TRAFFIC ACT 1974 - SECT 62

Careless driving 62 . Careless driving
    Every person who drives a motor vehicle without due care and attention commits an offence.
    Penalty: 12 PU.

Well i disagree.. I was totally aware of what was around me and i even slowed down and indicated when i entered the BIKE thought fare.

So bummer..

So Many Assholes, So Few Bullets

1 PU (penalty unit) = $75, so 12 PU would be $900. I hope they didn't give you a pineapple this large?
    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

I reckon a bike is a bike and we should be able to use those lanes to get away from the killer cages. Sorry to hear that, Madkat, that sucks.

Comment

why'd you stop ?
        Come and see us in the 2011 Avon Descent - we're racing boat #234 !

Comment

goddam thats fucked up. bad luck man

Comment

I feel better for the that that another menace to society has been punished.

:|

fuckers got nothing better to do?
            “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
              I feel better for the that that another menace to society has been punished.
              :p:p:p yeah it does stink of that doesn't it?

fuckers got nothing better to do?
              [/quote]

even though its pretty crap, i suppose if you do something like that right in front of them, what do we expect the popo to do?

Comment

I occasionally use that entrance to get to Causeways.
                You get to play on the (bumpy) twisty onramp, a narrow lane, then some quiet backstreets to terrorise.

Some distraught old lady probably rang up and complained that motorcycles were hooning around the streets.

Comment

I'm suprised this didn't make headline news over the cousins saga. Hoon bikies in gangs tearing up neighbourhoods enticing children to take up a life of drugs.
                  Originally posted by kyliejane
                  benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
                  Originally posted by harns
                  Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

lol. must be a hoon bikie thing. Yesterday someone dumped a car in my villa complex, after having been in a long chase. They saw my next door neighbour on her scooter, following behind it at one point, and told her later when they got here, that they had her noted as a "person of interest".

I made sure I told her she was a damn hoon motorcyclist. lol
                    No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

They are there quite alot .... its one of their favorite spots as its easy pickings.
                      Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonchilds View Post
                        Some distraught old lady probably rang up and complained that motorcycles were hooning around the streets.
                        People on motorbikes behind a motorcycle shop .. right, didnt expect that. Stupid old do-gooder with nothing better to do.

Oh well, copping a fine is never a good thing, but 4 coppers though?

Comment

If you wished to fight it, defend yourself and if you can prove that you were doing that move with all due care and attention then you might have a chance.

Was the move dangerous? Were there any people on the path? Should they have charged you with entering a No Entry? Were you going Slow enough?

They have to prove UNDUE CARE AND ATTENTION as that is what the charge is. I defended my self on a careless charge for WEAVING all over the road on a [email protected] ride (As we all do). The PoPo could not prove what I was doing was done without due care and attention and the judge dismissed the charge. I used photo's and got the officers to draw on the whiteboard exactly what I did wrong. The police Prosecutor had never ridden a bike so assumed that if a bike lean's over at speed it become's unstable.
                          JP

Jason Hodges

Comment

I still dunno how the careless driving charge was thought up.

I'd be challenging that, as careless is bad to have on your insurance record.
                            Should've been 'dangerous' if they wanted it to hold up in court.

Comment

Bummer

There was a 'Road traffic act' on the psb forum but it has been moved to somewhere?

This might help?
                              http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/sa/consol_act/rta1961111/ tho it's from the 'Road traffic act 1961' and this may be outdated by the 1997 act or later as below but i couldn't find the 'Road traffic act 1997'?
                              ROAD TRAFFIC ACT 1974 - SECT 62 Careless driving

Maybe ask a lawyer for advice if you wish to pursue the matter?

Comment

Working...
                              X