Bike Parking in Subiaco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike Parking in Subiaco

To all those who use the bike parking in the Wilson carpark under Woolworths:

I got a ticket down there today

Been parking there for about two weeks now with no problem, scoot next to me got ticketed too.

"Failing to display a valid ticket - $60"

I'm going to call up tomorrow and find out if it really is paid parking only down there.

I will post up with how I do, but if you use it, be warned, it may happen to YOU!

Subiaco parking police???

Mate, you is one goner.

You is f*cked.
    Ain't no mercy in Subiaco for you.

Talk about a town without pity.

Comment

Wilson carpark, not council

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Oath View Post
        Subiaco parking police???

Mate, you is one goner.
        You is f*cked.
        Ain't no mercy in Subiaco for you.
        Talk about a town without pity.
        lucky its wilson bendito cuz +1 for that. subiaco are cunts.

good luck with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bendito View Post
          Wilson carpark, not council
          Wilsons are all about the money ....I know I supply labour to them - guess you also know they have canned all the undercrfot parking at Kings hotel - which used to have at least 15-20 bikes parked there everyday - have canned motorcycle rates too !

We used to have staff in subi in the little booth. Then they kicked us out and put in new machines - but it has always been confusing about which part is Subi Council and which part is Wilsons parking.

Can you tell me one thing tho - where the hell are you supposed to display a ticket on a bike so that it doesnt get stolen by a fellow parker for their use???

Let me know if you have trouble getting through. PM me and I'll do my best to get you a direct mobile number of who's in charge for Subiaco. BUT I dont like your chances !

Originally posted by vbroom View Post
          lucky its wilson bendito cuz +1 for that. subiaco are cunts.

good luck with it.
          so are Wilsons!

Comment

I plan on asking if bikes do have to pay there, and if they do, then maybe my ticket got pinched off my bike...

Either way they ain't getting their $60

Fukrs

Might take you up on that number if I have no luck.

Comment

Under Woolies its first 90 mins free and then it costs you after that and trust me, if you are a minute late, they will get you. I used to park under there all the time until I saw the little bastards walking around ticketing people, thought fuck it and parked opposite work... still in Wilsons but at least I could run out and scream at the clowns when they were checking over my car etc.
              In the cherry blossom's shade
              There's no such thing
              as a stranger.

Comment

it says right on the ticket- nonpayment will NOT result in loss of license (or something to that effect). basically, if you dont pay- they cant do anything from what i can tell.

the best solution to this besides not paying- tell them it is a MOTORCYCLE and you put the ticket on the windscreen with sticky tape and some STOLE it. they cant give bikes tickets- ridiculous! i might go park there just to stir things up.

Comment

can tell you now - it'll soon be City of Perth / City Councils / and Wilsons Parking that control all parking in Perth

Wilsons have just taken over another company that we supplied labour too

I now refuse to park in their car parks cos I end up paying a days wage in parking fee!

Comment

Suzukiphile- Yeah, just make sure you stick a big sign on your windscreen (if you have one!) with something like "Suck My Wang" (real mature Lou ahhaha) on it... or something to that degree. I hate parking inspectors, really get my goat.
                    In the cherry blossom's shade
                    There's no such thing
                    as a stranger.

Comment

Wilson is private.
                      Your vehicle will be placed on an immobilisation list.
                      If they see you again in a Wilsons, you get clamped.
                      Or they might try sue you for the money.

Comment

can they clamp a bike?! i thought they couldnt because of the way the wheel is mounted...

Comment

Originally posted by Suzukiphile View Post
                          it says right on the ticket- nonpayment will NOT result in loss of license (or something to that effect). basically, if you dont pay- they cant do anything from what i can tell.

the best solution to this besides not paying- tell them it is a MOTORCYCLE and you put the ticket on the windscreen with sticky tape and some STOLE it. they cant give bikes tickets- ridiculous! i might go park there just to stir things up.

who carries sticky tape on them when riding a bike???? I dont even carry it in my car !

Careful what you say and when you say it - I would start off with checking signage at the car park first - then do the 'I displayed a ticket on my bike but it must've got stolen' - how they gunna prove it ?

Wilsons are one certainly one company that can enforce parking tickets - now the old Secure Parking never could - their ticket was never a legally enforceable document.....

Comment

I've never seen it done, but that's the threat.
                            I'd imagine i bit of chain or something would be the go.

Comment

noone carries sticky tape- i just thought you should throw that in there to make it sound like you were trying to do the right thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X