Help reqd.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help reqd.

Guys, I know it's late, can anyone give me a hand towing a car from mosman bay to balga.
    No, I haven't stolen it.

Dude, if I hadn't already lent my 4wd to someone out in Kal, I'd say yes. Sorry man, don't have a towball on the other car.
    Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

All good mate, all things being equal, it should be on it's way back now.
      Thank you

Comment

oh noes. I'm putting 2 and 2 together, and coming up with "British engineering". Hope it's not too bad mate.
        For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
        For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Not the new car? I was still thinking it was the bike when you were asking for Sabre's help. We want answers!!

Comment

Yeah, the new car shat itself
            Honestly, I've been expecting it. It's not that the car is not worth what we paid for it, far from it, it's that the car was everything I expected it to be.
            It's a beautiful old thing, just needs some TLC.
            Fixed up all the dash lights, electrics, headlight not working on low beam on the weekend, and now it's on to other things.
            The entire electrics are truly british, and it really does need a total rewire, a 35 year old loom has seen better days.
            Todays breakdown was a fueling issue though, vapour lock and heat soak being the major culprits.

Comment

Towing with a towrope is a pineapple if you get caught these days.

Have been told by cops best time to do this is during the evening peak hour as you dissapear in other cars, and cops are usually changing over shifts.

Good luck with the car.
              Working at The Honda Shop should see you clued in on electrics pretty quick, if you're not already there.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonchilds View Post
                Towing with a towrope is a pineapple if you get caught these days.
                Faaark. Had to get my other half's dead Barina to a local car dealership as a trade-in a few weeks ago. Wasn't worth the $80+ for towtruck or hiring car trailer as was only several km. We did it in the middle of the day, and the dealership is next door to cop shop :S

Comment

Yup, only supposed to tow with a rigid link now, no ropes allowed

Sorry mate, hope you got it sorted okay.
                  "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post

Sorry mate, hope you got it sorted okay.
                    Get a busa or R1 motor in there.
                    "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Originally posted by Desmogod View Post
                      Yeah, the new car shat itself
                      Honestly, I've been expecting it. It's not that the car is not worth what we paid for it, far from it, it's that the car was everything I expected it to be.
                      It's a beautiful old thing, just needs some TLC.
                      Fixed up all the dash lights, electrics, headlight not working on low beam on the weekend, and now it's on to other things.
                      The entire electrics are truly british, and it really does need a total rewire, a 35 year old loom has seen better days.
                      Todays breakdown was a fueling issue though, vapour lock and heat soak being the major culprits.
                      Sucks to hear,

You have taken it very well i can't stand mechanical failures, I guess comes with maturity.

She is a nice little car hope you can fix her up good and proper.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post
                        Most everybody I know owns a tow rope.

Nobody I know owns any kind of rigid towing setup.

Where was the fucking thought in that piece of law? "Let's see how many people we can fuck, after their car breaks down."
                        such comment
                        wow
                        many post

Comment

There were too many accidents and injuries as a result of tow ropes snapping, and some people getting rear ended by the car they were towing.

Someone I know had their car written off (yeah, it was a bunky) after they collected a steel tow rope someone had set up across the road between two cars. Destroyed all the glass down one side when the cable snapped and did a nice little number on the front end.

Comment

Originally posted by Cameronjones View Post

Where was the fucking thought in that piece of law? "Let's see how many people we can fuck, when they actually need help"
                            Now it goes for most laws and gov't depts

Comment

I can see why they did. The amount of energy that builds up in a rope under tension can be enormous and having people towing with peices of twine that have seen better days is asking for trouble.
                              In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
                              Its the little things that make the difference
                              Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
                              If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

Working...
                              X