X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• darwin award candidate(s)

Neighbour's cockatoo rescue bid ends in death | NEWS.com.au

"Rescue" huh?

What was likely to happen, the bird fall to it's death, or something?

edit:
    Actually, they might not be eligable, being that old, they've probably already bred...
    Last edited by thro; 13-11-2007, 09:10 AM.
    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

fucking dickheads....

I prey they were unable to have children.
    Originally posted by kyliejane
    benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
    Originally posted by harns
    Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

It's a BIRD.
      It can FLY.

Comment

.....I'm dumbfounded by that and just lost a little more faith in the human race

Comment

if by saying cockatoo they meant emu, then fair enough. It would need rescuing from a tree.
          Originally posted by kyliejane
          benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
          Originally posted by harns
          Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

what a strange article...

Earlier the cockatoo's owner, a 72-year-old man from Epsom, climbed the same tree in an attempt to rescue the bird, but slipped and fell.
            so the owner also fell out of the tree trying to rescue it!

and what happened to him?

He was taken to Bendigo hospital in a satisfactory condition with suspected spinal injuries.
            what a strange way to say it. "satisfactory condition with suspected spinal injuries" WTF, since when are spinal injuries considered a "satisfactory condition". I mean I know what they were trying to say, but it just isnt worded correctly.

Comment

Maybe it had had it's wings clipped. Inattentive pet owners like doing that sort of shit to their animals so they can slack off.
              This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (your personal circumstances). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase a product you should consider how appropriate it is in regard to your personal circumstances.

Comment

So you mean the bird was deliberatly put up in the tree?

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor View Post
                  Maybe it had had it's wings clipped. Inattentive pet owners like doing that sort of shit to their animals so they can slack off.
                  They can still sort of fly though, they just can't soar away. it got into the tree in the first place so I would assume not clipped

Comment

Originally posted by Desmogod View Post
                    So you mean the bird was deliberatly put up in the tree?

Given the level of stupidity involved, and the effort of going above and beyond to attempt the "rescue" after his mate fell to the ground and busted his spine, i wouldn't rule it out...
                    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

It might not have been that high.
                      This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (your personal circumstances). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase a product you should consider how appropriate it is in regard to your personal circumstances.

Comment

So the bird would have been pretty safe then eh?

Comment

as long as her husband landed away from where she was standing, yeah

Comment

Excellent.

"cockatoo which had been perched in the tree for several hours".

Obviously the stupid bird wasn't hungry enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor View Post
                              as long as her husband landed away from where she was standing, yeah
                              i see what you did there

Comment

Working...
                              X