Awareness for road users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awareness for road users

I dont ask often for anything to be done, but give just a few seconds to read this

THATS AS MUCH YOU COULD GIVE ON THE ROADS TO SAVE SOMEONE'S LIFE

After a couple of e-mails over the last few days I have thought about spreading the word...

please, cut and paste the following and send it (if you like) with your comments attached to as many folk you know

LETS GET THE MESSAGE OUT THERE

"Last week 3 more motorcyclists died on Perthroads,
    I attended a memorial ride for one of them on Saturday (Dice) and rode past the crash site for another yesterday during a safety awareness ride to Dwellingup

2 people died because motor car drivers DID NOT LOOK HARD ENOUGH and pulled out in front of them

PLEASE GIVE 2 WHEELED RIDERS ANOTHER CHANCE

LOOK LEFT LOOK RIGHT THINK BIKE

have a great festive season and try hard to make it that way for everyone

Mel" (BillyWhizz)

"As you know, Motorcycling is a huge part of my life, one that I wish to keep partaking in for the rest of my life.

In the weeks coming up to Christmas I have noticed drivers becoming more distracted, erratic, discourteous and in general inattentive. Life is busy, everyone has somewhere to be, I understand this, however doesn't take two seconds, to look over your shoulder and check your blindspot when changing lanes, or to double check the road before you pull out. "I didn't see you" is not a good enough excuse. You should see everything when driving or riding a vehicle.

I ask you all to forward this email to all your friends and family in the hope that their raised awareness of motorcycles/scooters may stop another incident such as the two accidents below and we can all have a happy Christmas.

Many Thanks

Jenna"

"Let those who ride decide
    Motorcycle Riders Association of Western Australia (Inc

PO Box 196, VictoriaPark
    Western Australia 6979

22 Nov 2007, 1700hrs

Press Release

Perth, WA: 2 motorcyclists killed in 2 days, by drivers pulling out in front of them.

"2 needless motorcycle rider fatalities have occurred in as many days, with 1 pillion injured also. At this stage both appear to be due to car drivers pulling out in front of the riders at intersections. The Motorcycle Riders Association of WA (MRAWA) is urging drivers to please look for motorcycles, particularly at intersections.

With the hotter weather upon us, more motorcyclists will be on the roads over the next months. Please be on the look out.

Let's share the roads."

Thank you.
    Real Men Ride Nakid
    http://www.streetfighters.com.au

Originally posted by Billywhizz View Post
    one that I wish to keep partaking in for the rest of my life.
    Reword that sentence to not allow for the validation of the wish via being killed on the roads, please.
    This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (your personal circumstances). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase a product you should consider how appropriate it is in regard to your personal circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor View Post
      Reword that sentence to not allow for the validation of the wish via being killed on the roads, please.
      Not my words mate.....
      Real Men Ride Nakid

Comment

Shall do

Comment

Mel, too many words.
          If they can't be arsed looking, do you really think they are going to read it?

Comment

Thank Mel & Jenna. I appreciate that you are thinking of MY safety.

(it's not that many words really).

Mels post was written by 3 seperate people, it just needs """"""" quotation marks.
            222 Loctite doesn't taste too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Desmogod View Post
              Mel, too many words.
              If they can't be arsed looking, do you really think they are going to read it?
              Thats the trouble Jim

people cannot be arsed,

But when you witness the sorrow of loved ones at a crash site it rams home a message

AND THAT MESSAGE NEEDS TO BE PASSED AROUND
              Real Men Ride Nakid

Comment

forwarded to all of my friends!
                (226): Forecast for tonight is alcohol, low standards and poor decisions.

Comment

Don't get me wrong Mel, I read it, and I agree with the sentiment.
                  But the average cockpocket can't even be bothered turning their head, they'll get a few lines in, realise 'bike" then not care. Just like on the road.

Comment

But the average cockpocket can't even be bothered turning their head, they'll get a few lines in, realise 'bike" then not care. Just like on the road.

Lets send it to the pollies then
                    send it to anyone apart from the cockheads

at least send to some friends who will read it,

IF THIS MAKES JUST ONE PERSON TAKE ANOTHER LOOK THEN ITS WORKED

Now put on ya festive hat Jim me lad and get with the happy thoughts
                    Real Men Ride Nakid

Comment

sent to my address book with some additional words from myself

Comment

The UK roak safety group is very active in terms of campaigns for motorcyclists. Why isnt this in mainstream media over here???? Its simple, no reading involved and gets across the message.

Comment

All we can do is try Jim, the less we push it the less they care. My 2c

Comment

Originally posted by shmoo View Post
                            The UK roak safety group is very active in terms of campaigns for motorcyclists. Why isnt this in mainstream media over here???? Its simple, no reading involved and gets across the message.

Thats a long story. But basically the Office of Road safety target "behaviours" not groups, so they target speeding , drinking etc. "they" generally think that motorcyclists kill themselves on the road (even though there OWN data says 35% of accidents are caused by the rider (so HELLLLOOOO... who causes the OTHER 65%!!). The MRA and other groups and individuals are chipping away, but pretty much hit stonewalls.

Unfortunetly whenever motorcycle safety comes up so does. .. they do wheelies down the freeway, they dont wear helmets, they weave in and out of traffic. The negative stereotypes are loud and in your face. The positives are small and hidden.. (MAD rasing 100K for charity/research, the toy run, the safety training and protests that happen).

We as a group need to work on increasing the profile of the positive and decreasing the profile of the negative.

I often wonder how much of this uphill battle is due to the old "wild west" and bikie gangs and the like mentality hanging around?!!
                            Last edited by Rebecca; 27-11-2007, 06:48 PM.
                            222 Loctite doesn't taste too bad.

Comment

Unfortunately we cannot change the mentality of the average driver, and it is there that the problem exists

The morning after Dice's accident I went and placed some flowers at the scene-Freeman way has a stop sign at that particular intersection-whilst I was there I did not see 1 car even attempt to stop before entering Marmion ave, and the number of people using hand held mobile phones was amazing, quite literally every second car!!!!

I agree that something needs doing urgently in regards to drivers attitude, aggression levels, and even basic driving skills but unfortunately I don't think a written article will change anything, especially when a fatality doesn't change anything at that particular intersection

I personally had a truck pull out on me on the way to work one morning, and only the night before there had been a fatal involving a bike at the same place caused by a truck pulling out into traffic thru a stop sign

I don't want to appear negative but I just can't think of anything that we can do to stop this needless waste of life, all I can suggest is that we all support our state body ( MRAWA ) and attend mass rides to protest the situation, look at the press the upcoming toy run gets, as well as the MAD ride, if we could only get that many people to the carpark at parliament house then we might be taken seriously

My 3c worth-2c gets rounded down to nothing

Comment

Working...
                              X