Bashing at the Left Bank Sat 24/11 - Help Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bashing at the Left Bank Sat 24/11 - Help Needed

A friend of mine emailed me today in regards to a friend of hers brother getting bashed at the LeftBank Hotel on Saturday night 24/11/07

See details below:

PLEASE LOOK AT THIS PICTURE. WE NEED YOUR HELP.
    (Warningthis is a graphic picture)

Last Saturday night (24.11.07) my brother Andrew, his wife, my cousin and a few friends went for a drink at the LEFT BANK. At the same time there was also a group of young men (well they call themselves men) celebrating a Bucks show.

Reports are that even at an early stage of the evening this group were very drunk, were acting highly inappropriate to women and should have been ejected. At around 11.00pm my brother approached the buck who had been highly inappropriate towards the woman with my brothers group.

The buck then spat a lemon in my brother’s face, my brother had a brief scuffle with the buck. Understanding the situation, my brother let the buck get up, did not throw any punches and then went to leave the hotel.

When my brothers back was turned, this coward of a man ‘king hit’ him and then proceeded to run off. My brother fell unconscious and struck his face on the small limestone wall. The rest of the buck show then attacked my cousin, knocking him unconscious and stomping on his chest.

The Hotel failed to activate the CCTV (This is a breach of licensing laws) so there is a lack of evidence.

What we do know is:
    The Bucks name is Jamie
    He is getting married in the week before Christmas in the Swan Valley
    He lives in the northern suburbs
    He has either an English and South African accent

The effect of this incident is compounded because it is my wedding this weekend and an event which I was looking forward to sharing with my brother has now been shattered. He has only just got out of hospital and is still suffering vision problems. He has over 40 stitches in his face and one stitch that goes from the top of his forehead to his eyelid.

I have had enough of cowards like this. It seems every weekend there is a similar story and we as a community must take action.

You can help. Please pass this message on to as many of your contacts as possible. This is no hoax, Bill Gates will not deposit $20 into your account, you will not have good luck for the next ten days nor will you be granted 3 wishes. What you might do though is bring about some justice for my brother and show these people that we are not, as a society going to accept this type of behaviour.

So if you were at the Left Bank and met these people, or know of a guy called Jamie, or work with someone who was telling stories about the bucks show he attended over the weekend or you are attending a wedding in the Swan Valley the week before Christmas then please email me, [email protected] or even better contact the Fremantle Police as they are handling the investigation.

Thank you for your help.

DOCWA

Repostah
    In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
    Its the little things that make the difference
    Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
    If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

Oh Please God No

Comment

Originally posted by Aphex View Post
        Repostah

Now who the hell cares if this is a repost...as long as the word gets out.

Hope they catch the wankers asap.

Good on ya for getting the word out Daz, im just sorry I cant be of any help.

Comment

plz be fixing the font.. white on light gray = bad

Comment

anyone seen the response email?

Comment

Originally posted by straye01 View Post
              Now who the hell cares if this is a repost...as long as the word gets out.

Hope they catch the wankers asap.

Good on ya for getting the word out Daz, im just sorry I cant be of any help.
              Get off your high horse. That email is only one side of the storey. The response has since been posted.

The response as posted in the previous thread that went on for days.

Good afternoon Ian

I am emailing you in response to the email that you sent yesterday and which, by the end of the day, appeared to have been received by most of Perth. The email accused me, quite wrongfully, of having inflicted those awful injuries upon your brother. Nevertheless, it achieved the desired effect as I contacted the police as soon as I read your email and requested to make a statement to exonerate myself. Unfortunately, the damage to my reputation and the considerable embarrassment caused to myself and to my father, who was also present that evening, may take a long time to overcome. While you have my utmost sympathy and I appreciate that you wrote the email in the genuine belief that its contents, as relayed to you, were correct, it's a pity that you didn't recognise the need to verify them first. Unfortunately the email's wide distribution and its wrongful accusations are an ample demonstration of the power of email at its very worst.

Notwithstanding the above, I would like to state that I am appalled by what happened to Andrew and that I share your disgust with the perpetrator's behaviour. I have just returned from two years working in London where I never witnessed anything like the behaviour I saw on Friday night, but it seems that it's all too common an event in Perth.

I do not intend this email to be antagonistic, given the unfortunate circumstances that have now enveloped both of us, and I trust you will read and digest it in that light, as a repudiation of the factual errors and accusations contained in your email.

To set the scene, our 'group of young men' had an average age in the mid-thirties and included a schoolteacher, an accountant, a lawyer, a physiotherapist, and my father, aged 60. Admittedly, age and profession are no guarantee of social rectitude but I trust they dispel the notion that we represented a trouble-seeking rabble. Your email was based on impressions formed by Andrew and his friends, who had presumably been drinking for some hours, of a chaotic sequence of events that occurred very rapidly in subdued lighting and crowded conditions. They differ vastly from my recollection of events.

My father was having a polite conversation with a lady who is presumably a friend of Andrew, or at least someone who was with him. That conversation was no doubt the source of those facts in your email that were correct, such as my name, my wedding venue etc. This harmless conversation prompted at least one snide and unwarranted remark to my father from a male who was in Andrew's group, although his resentment seemed to be quelled when the lady introduced my father to him.

My father then moved away and the conversation extended to include me. Andrew evidently took exception at some point and we exchanged words across the large table that separated us. He then came around the table to confront me and placed his face extremely close to mine. I responded, foolishly it now seems, by squirting my drink in his face. It evidently contained the offending slice of lemon. Andrew then punched me in the face and a brief altercation then ensued. However I was then punched from behind without justification by someone I presume to be a friend of Andrew's but, as there appeared to be many people involved, I cannot be sure. This caused a deep gash in my cheek that required stitches. Fortunately, hospital records will confirm this to the police and I was able to recover my blood-spattered shirt from the bin and hand it to them as further evidence that I was assaulted.

It needs to be emphasised that several of my friends were also assaulted, perhaps by Andrew's friends although we really have no idea who they were. Fortunately one of our group had the presence of mind to call for taxis as soon as the brawl began, and what is particularly significant is that Andrew was standing and appearing unmarked as my father and brother led me away to a taxi. The notion that I king hit him and ran away during the fracas is completely untrue. Andrew and his friends had followed us out to the car park, i assume to carry on the fight, this was when he was punched. I was in a taxi when this happened and was nowhere near Andrew.

I spoke at length with the police last night and have given them as much information as I have. They are now pursuing other leads.

Once again, I sincerely hope that this email does not antagonise you or exacerbate the situation further and that you can take comfort that it had the desired effect and gave the police the information they sought. I also hope that you appreciate the necessity for me to put the record straight and I would like to reiterate my sympathy for Andrew, for you and for your relatives and friends. Our disagreement was a trivial matter that doesn't warrant bearing malice so I wish him the best for a full and speedy recovery.
              Would you still be so whole hartedly up for getting this jamie 'wanker' had you read the response before posting??
              In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
              If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

Aphex pours on the burnsauce

Comment

There are always 3 sides to a story...
                  party A's side
                  party B's side

and...

The truth.
                  If you can... you MUST!

Comment

and then Dubs and Pacdaddy lay the smack down

Dubs

Comment

Im sorry I did a brief search before I posted but didnt seem to find anything so i wasnt aware it was a repost.

I only received the email from my friend today and thought as us PSB'ers are a wide community on here, someone might just know something so thought it might generate some help to sort out the situation if anyone was there, and I didnt know there was a response email at the time.

I understand there is always 2 sides to a incident and I now see that it obviously is being sorted so if this has post has upset some people and got the hairs standing up, I apologise.
                      DOCWA

Comment

Not upsetting anyone. I was simply pointing out that it was a repost. It appears some took ubrage at that being pointed out. Carry on.

Comment

ahh you see. It's never the loud in your face guy who does the damage. It's me, the quiet friend in the corner who wondering just how much you will bleed after i ram my broken corona bottle into your throat.

The psyko's are never the one's you think.

I'm the noob you all pwn!

Comment

I hope your joking firestorm Not really appropriate all all mate.
                            `Ride on Cam - No. 52` :aus-salute:

Comment

Originally posted by Karlos View Post
                              I hope your joking firestorm Not really appropriate all all mate.
                              The truth hurts a tad sometimes yeh?
                              I love two strokes. Because they annoy the shit out of people. ^_^

Comment

Working...
                              X