Postie Rob Down ... but OK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postie Rob Down ... but OK

Sorry for the late post, but I haven't been near a PC since yesterday.

I was way out of my home zone yesterday, exiting the freeway at Whitfords Ave (Northbound), when I noticed a bit of a commotion. Got closer, and saw a blue 250 parked the wrong way against a lamp post, a rider sitting on the curb with his head down and a couple of people in attendance. Uh Oh, I thought, so I stopped to see if there was anything I could do. Pffft, fat chance, there was a trauma nurse (with all her kit open next to him), a couple of country volly fire people and others. The only thing I could do was turn off his ignition and give the bike a bit of a check.

Turns out the dude's name is Rob, he's a Postie (first day yesterday!), and got into a bit of trouble when he found himself barrelling into a suddenly slowing bunch of cars with a bit too much speed on at the exit. Looks like he lost the front, dropped it of course, and slid up the off-ramp for about 50 metres. He's lost a bit of bark from his hands and knees, but appeared to be OK. He's bike had a broken clutch cable and a bent gear changer, but otherwise looked ridable. I tried to ring MTS (Sabre) but his phone is cut-off, so I have NFI what the go is, so I asked one of the helpers to call a tow driver they knew to assist.

Lucky he was wearing decent gear, or else he could have been a bit more messed up.

It's never good to see a rider down, but any stack you walk away from is a good one.
    Dead Man's Hand
    Internationational Porter Protection Group
    Just call me Pat

God bless safety gear. Hope he heals fast...
    Dual sport riders do it in the dirt

Comment

Glad to see so many were there to lend a hand and Rob will be coming out of it ok. Always lessons to learn, eh.

Comment

glad he's relatively OK.

an FYI for everyone - ANY towing company with flat bed trucks can tow a bike. You just tell em you need a flat bed cause its for a bike and to make sure they have a few appropriate tie downs. If you have a preferred tower sure use them, otherwise RAC is always good.

Comment

Working...
        X