X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burn-out cop back on the beat

YouTube hoon cop reinstated by police commissioner | PerthNow

YouTube hoon cop reinstated by police commissioner

THE "hoon" police officer who was filmed doing burn-outs in a police car has been returned to full duties because he did nothing illegal.

WA Police have re-instated the 30-year-old constable after an internal investigation found that he did not commit any traffic offences during an “exhibition”, Commissioner Karl O’Callaghan said.

“Whilst I accept that the driving was done in good faith, the officer should have sought permission to use a police car in such a manner,” Commissioner O’Callaghan said.

The constable performed the burnouts during the North Midlands Agricultural Show in September, and after the footage became widely viewed on the internet the officer was stood down during a subsequent investigation.

The internal investigation carried out by the Mid West–Gascoyne Police District office has found that he did not commit any traffic offences during his driving “exhibition” as it was in a “closed and controlled area”.

The investigation also looked at any potential dangers to the community and the officers inside the police car.

“And while I acknowledge the strong support from the Carnamah community for this officer, I maintain that those images posted on the internet did not send the wider community the right message about hoon driving,” the Commissioner said.

WA Police said that the officer has been counselled about this incident and may face some other internal management action.

He was reinstated to operational duties this afternoon and is expected to return to work immediately.

Western Australia Police have re-instated the 30-year-old constable after an internal investigation found that he did not commit any traffic offences during an “exhibition”, Commissioner Karl O’Callaghan said.

“Whilst I accept that the driving was done in good faith, the officer should have sought permission to use a police car in such a manner,” Commissioner O’Callaghan said.

The constable performed the burnouts during the North Midlands Agricultural Show in September, and after the footage became widely viewed on the internet the officer was stood down during a subsequent investigation.

The internal investigation carried out by the Mid West–Gascoyne Police District office has found that he did not commit any traffic offences during his driving “exhibition” as it was in a “closed and controlled area”.

The investigation also looked at any potential dangers to the community and the officers inside the police car.

“And while I acknowledge the strong support from the Carnamah community for this officer, I maintain that those images posted on the internet did not send the wider community the right message about hoon driving,” the Commissioner said.

WA Police said that the officer has been counselled about this incident and may face some other internal management action.

He was reinstated to operational duties this afternoon and is expected to return to work immediately.
    Dual sport riders do it in the dirt

good outcome
    it was in a safe and controlled area, the driver put no-one at risk and lets face it who hasn't cut up a few paddocks in their time, besides it just shows Mr Plod can actually be human everynow and again
    anyway what else you going to do in bumfuck WA? ever been to carnamah??? i have
    there are 3 kinds of lies:, lies, damned lies and statistics [benjamin disraeli] 1804-1881

Comment

Good news.

Still should have got a community minded action award.

Comment

mmmmm precedence
        Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

Hewie: They will just try to come back with the "he has done advanced driver training" excuse. But if you have too....
          For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
          For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

This was just a beat up from day one and the outcome, even with the half arsed explanation, is probably fair.
            The biggest problem I have with this is that fact that they probably dedicated time and resources into doing a bshit investigation. Then again they probably didn't, just the usual crap to appease the public.

Comment

But thats not the stipulation ....

The internal investigation carried out by the Mid West–Gascoyne Police District office has found that he did not commit any traffic offences during his driving “exhibition” as it was in a “closed and controlled area”

Comment

I Like, i think closed and controlled could be argued elsewhere as the footage suggests otherwise.....as said, mmmmmm precedence

Comment

get a few witches hats stick in the middle of the road and call it a controlled environment

Comment

precedence? are we a bunch of lawyers????
                    common sense in my book, if you were on a bit of private land cutting sick with the owners permission and no one was going to get hurt, hell yeah LOL
                    unless there were lawyers acting as witches hats, whoopsie ROFLMAO
                    there are 3 kinds of lies:, lies, damned lies and statistics [benjamin disraeli] 1804-1881

Comment

Originally posted by lobo View Post
                      precedence? are we a bunch of lawyers????
                      common sense in my book, if you were on a bit of private land cutting sick with the owners permission and no one was going to get hurt, hell yeah LOL
                      unless there were lawyers acting as witches hats, whoopsie ROFLMAO
                      Some people on here are .. yes.

Common sense .... isnt.

Where does it say private land ? with owners permission ? youve assumed that. KO's statement was "closed and controlled" and it was an "exhibition".

The precedence set would be the definition of the terms "closed and controlled".

There were no safety barriers visable, there were people standing close around the "exhibition" area, there are no marshals, safety crews etc. Where is the public safety measures ?

Even though not a strictly legal determination you could probably argue it quite strongly in court based on the fact that there is video evidence of the act to be able to compare it to.

Comment

ffs when do we get to use the crusher?

Comment

Originally posted by Hewie View Post
                          Some people on here are .. yes.

Common sense .... isnt.

Where does it say private land ? with owners permission ? youve assumed that. KO's statement was "closed and controlled" and it was an "exhibition".

The precedence set would be the definition of the terms "closed and controlled".

There were no safety barriers visable, there were people standing close around the "exhibition" area, there are no marshals, safety crews etc. Where is the public safety measures ?

Even though not a strictly legal determination you could probably argue it quite strongly in court based on the fact that there is video evidence of the act to be able to compare it to.
                          been to a country show? things get done a bit different to things in the big smoke
                          thank god sanity prevails somewhere, where burnt out, vain old farts IE judges and the law dont hold a lot of weight
                          sure most people have to humour the law, but it's real easy to have a chuckle at it, for instance, if the law didn't have Mr Plod out on the beat, does anyone think that the law would be obeyed? because excuse me and i might tread on a few toes of those esteemed custodians of our statutes, the law is really run by those that get their hands dirty not the pillocks dressed in suits, because no matter what anyone says the law is built on aversion therapy, it might feel good at the time but get caught and there is going to be consiquenses and when you get some pansy arsed social reformer who if they wanted to be a social worker should have taken a pay cut and a degree in social engineering telling someone its ok to steal or bash someone because of their upbringing ETC ETC, but a little naughty that annoys me a tad and if they had stolen from me they would get bush justice, not due process of law
                          that said and getting back to the debate, i am reasonably sure the cops would have checked out the facts before clearing constable clod because they knew, drawing the media attention that this did it would be put under the microscope and believe me i have no affiliation with the cops and yes i reckon not always what they do is right and yes i have had the phone book treatment in my younger days, so i have seen that some of them are pricks too
                          but i stand by my original statement
                          in this case they got it right

Comment

good outcome i rekon.

should never have been stood down.

nothing like coppers doing fun things!
                            As a general rule, the better it felt when you said it, the more trouble it's going to get you into.

'Soul' - Italian word for unreliability.

For a way to start racing cheap, go here > http://supermotowa.com

Comment

i dont mind... i got let off the other night with a "dont let me see you in this area again" for laying 3 seconds worth of rubber [hell long story with unwanted implications for both parties involved so shhh]

V glad they arrived when they did and not 30 sec before though
                              Please contact the Administrator if your date of birth has changed.

Comment

Working...
                              X