X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thur 20th Dec = 2x demerits to Sun 6th Jan

Office of Road Safety - Events & Conferences
    Originally posted by Bendito
    If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Oh well..there goes another license...

Comment

double demerits for failing to wear a seatbelt.. just keep that in mind people.. stanley will be hot on us !
      Come and see us in the 2011 Avon Descent - we're racing boat #234 !

Comment

i am pretty sure ive posted this up before, surely im not the most paranoid person on the forum and the only one wondering 'when 2x demerits are on?' and 'how many demerits have i got left?' :dirol:
        If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

Interesting site that..

Office of Road Safety - Speeding

Checkout this.. sounds a bit pointed at us, dun't it ?

Campaign primary target audience

The target audience for the campaign will be those involved in speeding-related crashes, namely male drivers aged 17-39 years. Motorcycle riders also feature heavily in crash statistics, with speeding a major contributor.
          The reducing Speeding campaign for 2007/2008 will:
          • Highlight that speed enforcement by WA Police occurs in a range of road settings (both urban and rural) and by a variety of methods, thereby enhancing the deterrence effect of police enforcement efforts; and
          • Integrate the message that enforcement of speed limits protects all road users from the speeding behaviour of individuals.
          The campaign will run statewide and be applicable to drivers and riders engaging in speeding behaviour on both urban and rural roads.
          Come and see us in the 2011 Avon Descent - we're racing boat #234 !

Comment

Oooooh it's gonna be a boring ride down Albany Hwy to Albany

*goes off to look at map tofind alternative route*

Comment

when I was looking at that dates for chrissy double demerits I found an article that said that the 07/08 chrismas holiday period was the last double demerits period of the dd trail. No doubt if this is true legislation will be typed up to make it law before australia day 08, if It hasnt allready been

Comment

Originally posted by Eukanuba View Post

Checkout this.. sounds a bit pointed at us, dun't it ?
                The target audience for the campaign will be those involved in speeding-related crashes, namely male drivers aged 17-39 years. Motorcycle riders also feature heavily in crash statistics, with speeding a major contributor.
                The reducing Speeding campaign for 2007/2008 will:
                this quote seems to be at odds with what Quigley wrote in http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...council-46859/

In 2006 the W A Insurance Cornrnission reported that of the 403 accidents
                resulting in the hospitalisation of a rider or pillion, fault was placed on the
                rider in only 25 of these cases. This highlights that not all motorcyclists are
                speeding or otherwise ridin.-g. irresponsibly.
                dorro's had been hard for motorcyclists ever since he got buzzed on the freeway by all those backpackers doing wheelies.

Comment

Woo! I feel safer already.

Given they've made the double points period so long I've noticed they seem to use it as an opportunity to do set up major operations in as many suburbs as possible over the period...

Play it safe for a few weeks, kids. Wouldn't want anyone getting bogged in a pig pen.

Comment

Ah fuck.. going to Carnarvon for Xmas.
                    Maybe I'll leave the NSW plates on and ditch em after I get back.

Comment

I'm going to Kalgoorlie for this Christmas. Should be fun. Maybe I can "accidentally" get a leaf stuck to the front of my licence plate .
                      Dual sport riders do it in the dirt

Comment

Sure glad Im in Balikpapan fro that period of time.

Tenchi, love the idea, Glue a big phucking leaf on da plate!!

Love it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jules_1972 View Post
                          Sure glad Im in Balikpapan fro that period of time.
                          balikpapan over xmas and new years ftL

Comment

Working...
                          X