Police Targeting Motorcycles again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Targeting Motorcycles again?

Well an interesting night. On the way home from Marty Moose's, down the freeway going only slightly faster than traffic in the left lane, I'm in the centre lane. I have a white falcon undercover police car pull into my lane from the left lane about 5m from my tail. They followed me for approximately two km's, a bit to close for comfort, so once I have a bit of space in the left lane, I indicate to pull into the left lane, and as I do check my mirror, to find they had the blue and ambers on. Couldn't see it previously because they were so close to the back of the bike.

I pull over, get off the bike and have a nice chat to them while they go over the bike. Finally, they write out a work order for me to fix up my rear mudguard (fender), and put a chain guard on the bike. They get back in and head off, and I get back on and continue down the freeway.

About 2km's down the road they have another bike pulled over on the side of the freeway (older Black Suzuki?), looking over it as well.

Be safe out there people, it seems we are again a target for infringements in the eyes of the police. Double demerits until the 6th of January. Ride Safe.
    Sponsored by:

Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE

Fucken Spewing Timmy. Cheers for the heads up
    10.81 BLADE

I'm a flirtalicious

Comment

In the space of 10 minutes after leaving my sister's place in Scarbs to come home SOR saw a white falcon unmarked with a black bike pulled up and upon entering the tunnel saw the fuzz had another rider on the northbound exit of the tunnel.

Hope the pineapple wasn't too bad for you fellas.

Bad luck with the work order mate. TEG... bloody Gestapo. I hope his car blows up the next time he puts his siren on for something dumb like 'oh, your indicators aren't the ADR approved minimum of 30cm apart'.

Comment

What about the rear fender did they pick on? That there wasn't one? Reflectors? Placement etc?

This info is handy to have. Until now popo over here hasn't cared too much about rear fenders in general. Over east they take a diagonal line from your rear axle up at 45 degrees, and there must be bodywork intersecting this imaginary line.
        For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
        For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Got pulled over last week (after Drags) for a WARNING that the disc could possibly cover the plate. :o Picked me out of 6 bikes going past, in the right lane, at 100 on the freeway.
          Must really have known what to look for, and was obviously looking out for it.

Told me the disc has to be on the left side of the bike.
          Ye be warned!
          2006 Yamaha R1SP;
          In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
          Amen, brother. Amen.
          My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

^^^ yeah this is what i don't get... the guy hooned past me in the emergency lane (i was in the right lane), at what would have been easily 130-140km/h, pulled in front of me in an unsafe (well, it certainly cut me up) manner, and pulled hornet over just for a fucking warning??

safety first people! it's not about revenue at all...

wankers.
            “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by barfridge View Post
              What about the rear fender did they pick on? That there wasn't one? Reflectors? Placement etc?

This info is handy to have. Until now popo over here hasn't cared too much about rear fenders in general. Over east they take a diagonal line from your rear axle up at 45 degrees, and there must be bodywork intersecting this imaginary line.
              That was it BF... rear fender (mudguard) wasn't covering a minimum of 45 degree's above the horizontal axis from the centre of the rear wheel......
              Sponsored by:

Comment

Since when have we not been targeted?

Thanks for the heads up Tim, thank goodness I keep one of my rides stocky

Comment

Because of course, rear fenders not being below 45 degrees from teh top of the wheel is a major cause of road trauma.

*sigh*
                  “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Further Clarification.....

Section 42.12.3.2.1 (page 11/12 of this link)

The wheel guard provided for the rear wheel and for the wheel of any side-car must extend not less than from a point vertically above the foremost part of the wheel rearward to a point not higher than the intersection of the arc of the wheel guard with a line through the centre of the wheel at 45 degrees to a horizontal plane through the centre of the wheel when a mass of 45 kg is distributed in the saddle of the vehicle at its ‘Unladen Mass’.
                    Sponsored by:

Comment

not sure my stock fender on the 600rr even complied with that bullshit.

Comment

aw crap, so they're going down that path...

bastards

Do you have a stock unit to put back on?
                        For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                        For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Do what a mate of mine did and just glue a piece of black plastic that hangs the required length, and screw a reflector to it to pass the pits. Easy.
                          2006 Yamaha R1SP;
                          In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
                          Amen, brother. Amen.
                          My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

I know my original would fail also, it must because of the massive amount of spray our bikes flick up the wet..... ever followed a truck wankers...... geesses
                            Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

If they cant get you with speed camera's they will just take another approach for a few weeks to cause pain and discomfort..
                              LET THE RIDER DECIDE...
                              Not for much longer!
                              Real Men Ride Nakid
                              http://www.streetfighters.com.au

Comment

Working...
                              X