Stoneville/Parkerville fire.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stoneville/Parkerville fire.

The boss has just left for home in Stoneville as FESA are advising evacuations may be required in the area due to a fire.

Be careful in the area if your up that way.
    In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
    Its the little things that make the difference
    Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
    If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Oh God Sandra, PROTECT THE BIKES!!!

Comment

Any idea which part of Stoneville/Parkerville?

Comment

North West of Stoneville Rd at the moment as far as I can work out from what the boss said.
        In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
        If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

Andy is going for a looksee, but reckons it's more Roland Rd, which is Parkerville, we're 5km's north of that, but still heading home now to take Homer to Mundaring just in case, see you all later

Comment

Parkerville bush fire - Issued: Thursday, 3 January 2008 2:15 PM

A bush fire is burning in Parkerville between Kilburn Road and Brindle Road.

STATUS: Twelve properties are under threat in Brindle Road and Peartree Lane.

AREAS UNDER THREAT: Brindle Road and Peartree Lane.

ADVICE
            Residents who choose to stay at home should prepare for the passage of the bush fire.

Residents who are not prepared or believe they may not cope with the stress of staying will improve their safety by leaving their home now. Residents should leave by vehicle if the level of smoke permits safe driving.

All drivers in the area should have their vehicle lights on and be aware that emergency services may be operating on the side of the road.

ROAD CLOSURES: Further clarification should be sought from WA Police or Main Roads on 138 138.

Due to the threat of ember attacks, residents in affected areas should:
            • Close all windows and doors;
            • Turn off evaporative air-conditioners but keep the water running through the system where possible; and
            • Check their air-conditioner and the area around their home for spot fires until the danger passes.

Residents should take advice from emergency services personnel on site.

Updates are also available by phoning 1300 657 209.

Comment

My ex is a firey up that way and he called me to get my parents to start packing, they live off Kilburn Rd...There are 2 fires according to him, the one at Kilburn, and another at Roland and Toodyay. They've been put on alert and he said most of the other stations are on call or have already been called in. There are 3 choppers flying around my mums house in Parky, she's all "yeah whatever", but as per the call from my ex I've told her to pack and be ready to get out if I get a call back from him.

Will let you know if I hear anything else. Hope you guys are ok Stoneville, and anyone else up that way...
              Try not...Do, or do not. There is no try.

Yoda

Comment

He just called back after I hit submit reply. Said it's getting pretty hairy up there and told me to ring mum and get her sprinklers and shit going. I'm trying to decide whether to go up to help her out cause my old man's not there. I know they don't want people heading up there, but if I have to I'm going in. If you hear anything please let me know.
                Try not...Do, or do not. There is no try.

Yoda

Comment

All ive heard for the last hour are more and more fire trucks going up the hill....

Comment

Parkerville bush fire - Issued: Thursday, 3 January 2008 3:30 PM

A bush fire is burning in Parkerville between Peartree Lane and Woodlands Road Stoneville. It is heading in a north-east direction towards Stoneville and Mt Helena.

STATUS: Property is under threat in Peartree Lane, Woodlands Road, Wildberry Drive, Stoneville Road, Old Farm Road, Hollett Road and Sundowner Grove.

AREAS UNDER THREAT: Peartree Lane, Woodlands Road, Wildberry Drive, Stoneville Road, Old Farm Road, Hollett Road and Sundowner Grove.

ADVICE
                    Residents who choose to stay at home should prepare for the passage of the bush fire.

Residents who are not prepared or believe they may not cope with the stress of staying will improve their safety by leaving their home now. Residents should leave by vehicle if the level of smoke permits safe driving.

All drivers in the area should have their vehicle lights on and be aware that emergency services may be operating on the side of the road.

ROAD CLOSURES: Further clarification should be sought from WA Police or Main Roads on 138 138.

• Turn off evaporative air-conditioners but keep the water running through the system where possible; and
                    • Check their air-conditioner and the area around their home for spot fires until the danger passes.

Updates are also available by phoning 1300 657 209.

Comment

Bugger...Missus & I are at work........hope the wind isn't from the east

Comment

Winds SW to WSW.

Comment

Every 5 mins or so I hear another truck heading up there. can't see much smoke from where I am but sounds pretty bad. Good luck to all those people who's homes are at risk.
                          Originally posted by kyliejane
                          benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
                          Originally posted by harns
                          Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

Parkerville bush fire - Issued: Thursday, 3 January 2008 3:34 PM

A bush fire is burning in Parkerville between Peartree Lane and Woodlands Road Stoneville. It is heading in a north-east direction towards Stoneville and Mt Helena.

STATUS: Property is under threat in Peartree Lane, Woodlands Road, Wildberry Drive, Stoneville Road, Old Farm Road, Hollett Road and Sundowner Grove.

AREAS UNDER THREAT: Peartree Lane, Woodlands Road, Wildberry Drive, Stoneville Road, Old Farm Road, Hollett Road, Sundowner Grove, Kanangra Court, Clutterbuck Close, Tranquil Place, Sunset Way.

ADVICE

Updates are also available by phoning 1300 657 209

Comment

must be something happening NOR as well - I'm in Ballajura and have the helicopters back and forth getting water from the lakes here......

Comment

Working...
                              X