X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SMS] Parkerville is on fire again.

Property under threat at Devon Place 7.45 pm

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    This message was delivered to you by the PSB SMS system. SMS "0448 PSB NOW" with your live info regarding accidents, traffic jams and locations of dangerous roads being made safer by the local constabulary.

yeah bugger it. just up from us on Brooking Road. If winds change..may evac for this one. Winds are way high.
    Originally posted by Red_is_Best
    hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Comment

Not to good at all.

Hey, can or do they fly the water bombers at night?

Comment

Originally posted by Fastgirl View Post
        yeah bugger it. just up from us on Brooking Road. If winds change..may evac for this one. Winds are way high.

Sorry to anyone affected, do I need to worry about my parental units in the Kilburn Rd/Toodyay Rd area?
        Try not...Do, or do not. There is no try.

Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by Bella View Post
          Sorry to anyone affected, do I need to worry about my parental units in the Kilburn Rd/Toodyay Rd area?

nope. not near there.
          hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Comment

Hubby just went to check onthe fire...and it looks under control...but Seaborne Rd is closed at the moment. The fire is halfway between Seaborne and Brooking Rd.

Comment

hope you have your fire breaks clean or it might be psb to the rescue for your place
              A site all parents should check regulary
              http://www.mako.org.au/temp_a.html

(+)

Comment

Well that's good news for my family at least, this time dad's home and mum is out with the car... hoping for the best for those of you in the affected area.

Good luck!!!

Yoda

Comment

We have our firebreaks always clean...and we have our own firefighting unit on a trailer. Very prepared.

Comment

you need it in those leafy areas...good to see someone prepared in advance
                    A site all parents should check regulary
                    http://www.mako.org.au/temp_a.html

(+)

Comment

Originally posted by Fastgirl View Post
                      Hubby just went to check onthe fire...and it looks under control...but Seaborne Rd is closed at the moment. The fire is halfway between Seaborne and Brooking Rd.
                      Your spot on Fastgirl.

I just checked the incident browser and they say there are still properties under threat but believe the fire will be contained shortly with the resources they already have at the scene

Comment

Grrrrr couldn't get home via Gt Eastern Hwy last night cos of this, they were shunting us all over to Strettle Rd and Jacoby St., Bloody big trucks and all one got stuck on the right handside of the road with 30 cars behind it, was a couple of big trucks coming up the hill behind us as well, one being a sheep truck. Would have been good to watch that one drive all the way down the back way to Mundaring, absolutely no traffic control apart from the one cop car at the Brooking Rd intersection. Pure bloody kaos.

Was still blocked off this morning at 6.30am I could see where it had burnt, looked like it was all out.

Wonder if some smoker threw their butt out the window??? Twas pretty close to the road

Comment

WTF is wrong with people?

Firefighters contain suburban bushfires

16th January 2008, 7:30 WST

Two scrub fires in the metropolitan area that flared up over night have been contained by Fire & Emergency Services Crew.
                          A blaze in the southern suburb of Munster started around 1.15am and was contained by mid morning while a fire in the hills suburb of Parkerville began at 7.15pm.
                          Crews are still clearing up at the effected areas, 15 vehicles remain at Parkerville while nine vehicles are still in attendance at Munster.
                          A 59-year-old woman has been charged with deliberately lighting the Parkerville blaze which came close to properties and homes.
                          Police allege that she lit the fire close to the boundary of her property. She is expected to appear in Midland Magistrates Court today.
                          The fire burnt five hectares and the Great Eastern Highway remains closed between Brooking Road and Craven Road.
                          No lives were in danger at either location.
                          Crews are also continuing to fight a blaze in the Fitzgerald River National Park, east of Albany.
                          Authorities’ estimate 37,000ha of bush has burnt since the fire began over the weekend.
                          Scheduled back burning did not go ahead because of strong winds yesterday.

Throw the book at her, and make it a damn good throw!!!

Yoda

Comment

Wholly shit. Wonder if she was trying to burn of leaves...or is a pyro? Either way...stupidity abounds. Helicopters are flying everywhere at themoment, damn winds are creating havoc...the fireys would have been working their arses of containing this one.

Comment

I work across the road from the courthouse, might pop over and see if I can find out what time she'll be fronting and go sit in the gallery if they leave the courtroom open...Be interested to see what the hell she was thinking (if she was thinking at all).

Yoda

Comment

Working...
                              X