Charity ride crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charity ride crash

So can anyone clear up what actually happened?
    multiple bikes, and fatalities on the freeway is tragic and misinformation is rife

Until the crash investigation is complete the only thing we can be sure of that it's a very tragic circumstance, made more tragic by the ride being a responsible event organised for charity.

Comment

A motorcyclist on a Christmas charity ride has been killed and three others seriously injured in a freeway crash in Western Australia.

The 39-year-old woman was one of more than a thousand taking part in the annual event.

She was riding a Honda motorbike along the Mitchell Freeway when she lost control, crashing into a barrier. She died at the scene.

Police say two other motorbike riders attempted to brake and avoid crashing into the Honda but they could not stop in time.

A Suzuki bike burst into flames, with its 59-year-old female rider escaping with minor injuries.

A three-wheeled BRP spyder was also involved, with a 67-year-old man and his 56-year-old pillion passenger seriously injured.

Witnesses told 9News the 39-year-old rider had been waving to spectators above Whitfords Avenue bridge just before the crash.
      From 9 News, not sure how accurate it is but seems like a fairly obvious case of a lack of concentration while riding
      #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
      Originally posted by Phildo
      Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
      Originally posted by filbert
      i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
      Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

If they got rid of the barriers when we all protested she would still be here
        "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

Originally posted by Halo_2 View Post
          If they got rid of the barriers when we all protested she would still be here
          But we know that is not going to happen

Edit

From my previous experience they ( police or who ever makes those decisions) put charity ride in far right hand lane, closest to the barriers
          Originally posted by SIR sparks a lot
          remember opinions are like assholes everybody will have one
          Here lies the body of Dorian Grey
          Who died while defending his right of way;
          He was right, oh so right, as he journeyed along
          But he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong

Comment

Originally posted by acdcfan View Post

From my previous experience they ( police or who ever makes those decisions) put charity ride in far right hand lane, closest to the barriers
            That's the safest option for everyone.
            I stopped going after a few small crashes i came across and the experience of some riders was clearly lacking
            FarRider # 159,

Comment

So the latest announcement regarding wire rope barrier replacement is good news.
              The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe.

Comment

Originally posted by AZAZL View Post
                So the latest announcement regarding wire rope barrier replacement is good news.
                Yer it is....some people complaining there only doing it because the standard was changed.

Atleast something is being down rather then a re designed wrb.
                "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

Recollections of the promotion of WRB in, I think, a Monash paper. It ignored the impact on motorcyclists as being statistically insignificant compared to the supposed benefit to non 2 wheeled vehicles. Many argued that more WRB installed would certainly make motorcyclists statistically significant.

Sadly, this fatality proves their point.
                  The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe.

Comment

Working...
                  X