Riding away from the setting Sun.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riding away from the setting Sun.

A few years ago I lost a friend, who was a young father and husband.
    He was killed on Gnangara Road Ellenbrook.
    Heading east with the sun setting right behind him.
    A women turned in front of him, didn’t see him.
    I was always ware of this, and over 40 years riding have avoided some collisions by watching oncoming traffic.
    Last Monday I was heading down Cambridge Street towards the Freeway entrance, with the sun behind me.
    I saw a Land Cruise coming up the road, indicating to turn across me. I slowed, he slowed, so I proceeded.
    5 metres in front of me he turned, leaving me no chance.
    4 days hospital, and now on Crutches for while with a stretched And bruised Pelvis.
    while I was lying on the road, waiting for the Ambulance, he came up to me and apologised, he didn’t see me.
    Just be aware of this situation. I’m sure all the experienced riders here are, but for the newbies and younger riders, take note of this, especially on east warst roads where the sun sets.
    My bike is kactus
    Love the legend, Kawasaki Z 900/ Z 1000, the Mother of all Big Kawas!
    sigpic
    2007 ZRX 1200R
    1977 Z 1000 A1
    http://www.bikepics.com/members/cruelcheffy/

Hope you heal quickly, agree drivers are stupid and can happen in a car.
    At work recently a lady couldn't see past a truck turning so decided to just go resulting in a nice fender bender on a brand new camry.
    "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

Originally posted by Halo_2 View Post
      Hope you heal quickly, agree drivers are stupid and can happen in a car.
      At work recently a lady couldn't see past a truck turning so decided to just go resulting in a nice fender bender on a brand new camry.
      There is a difference between stupid and "couldn't see". This is a timely reminder to be careful when riding with a setting/rising sun. Best to avoid these times IF possible. If not, be aware that peeps may not see you.Hope you heal quickly Cruelcheffy and luckily, you are here to tell the tale.

Comment

The amount of attention given to driving these days has become piss poor plus I haven't seen a plod car or cash camera for ages....must all be at the new Taco Bell
        Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Comment

It’s been bloody great last time I saw a cash camera was two weeks ago on roe hwy on both sides. Before that haven’t seen in one in months (I drive Mandurah to Bentley daily) it’s like cashed up WA don’t need to raise revenue.
          "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

Originally posted by cruelcheffy View Post
            A few years ago I lost a friend, who was a young father and husband.
            He was killed on Gnangara Road Ellenbrook.
            Heading east with the sun setting right behind him.
            A women turned in front of him, didn’t see him.
            I was always ware of this, and over 40 years riding have avoided some collisions by watching oncoming traffic.
            Last Monday I was heading down Cambridge Street towards the Freeway entrance, with the sun behind me.
            I saw a Land Cruise coming up the road, indicating to turn across me. I slowed, he slowed, so I proceeded.
            5 metres in front of me he turned, leaving me no chance.
            4 days hospital, and now on Crutches for while with a stretched And bruised Pelvis.
            while I was lying on the road, waiting for the Ambulance, he came up to me and apologised, he didn’t see me.
            Just be aware of this situation. I’m sure all the experienced riders here are, but for the newbies and younger riders, take note of this, especially on east warst roads where the sun sets.
            My bike is kactus
            Heal quick and well. The riding awaits your return.
            yes, i am ignorant
            yes, i am a prick
            no, i don't care
            you make me sick

Comment

Working...
            X