Fonzy Down - But Ok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fonzy Down - But Ok

Hey all. Hit a roo up in stoneville at about 8pm last night. bikes rooted but im ok

Just finished my "fix the ZX2" project yesterday afternoon. Bike ran great, sounded mint and looked tops. Decided to go and show my g/f's dad who was a great help during the whole process.

Rode up to stoneville and on toodjay road a owl almost took my head off. turned onto cameron road , was only about 800m from my g'f's house.

Saw one roo bounce onto the road, grabbed brakes thought i was ok. Then all i could see was roo in front of me and i hit it dead square. Not sure what happend after that for a few seconds.

Next thing i remember im half on and half off the road with one foot stuck under the very end of the ducktail.

G/f was driving behind me and she said the roo landed right in front of me and there was nothing i could have done. She said i was thrown off the bike on impact then slid down the road.

Got a very sore hip and a sore knee but thats about it. Need a new helmet too. Jacket did wonders, its a bit scraped but thats ok. Boots held up well too.

Pretty sure bike is a write off. Its insured for $3200 and its royaly fucked.
    SUCH IS LIFE

Originally posted by lee
    I hope you choke on a donut, and when you do I'm going to inappropriately hit on your grieving widows.

shit...lucky to walk away from a roo strike...glad yoour relatively OK...sorry to hear about the bike.
    Originally posted by Red_is_Best
    hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Comment

Fucking hell dude, that just plain sucks.

Thoughts are with you bro.

Comment

dang mate at least ur ok
        IM ALWAYS ON THE EDGE, ITS ONLY THE SHARPNESS THAT VARYS

Comment

Spewing about the bike, main thing is you are OK...would have been nice to enjoy the bike a bit longer after doing all the work on it...

Comment

Shit Fonz, really glad to hear you came out of it ok. Sucks about the bike tho.
            Must be about big boy bike time by now?

Comment

Not good mate, good to hear youre not too hurt.
              Bad luck about the bike

Comment

wow

good to hear you are ok matey

Dubs

Comment

Bastard roos. Good to know you're alright, have you been checked out by a doc?

Glad you have insurance, would've been devastating to finish fixing it up, then crah without being insured.
                  Originally posted by Amac
                  suck me on the hat you mole fucker, steroid affected me cock

Comment

FUCK. Is the bike repairable again for the $3.2k? And you said you just finished fixing it up as well and now it's been fucked. Man, this brings a tear to my eye, all that hard work gone in a split second because the fuckin roo couldnt keep it's ass in the bushes for 60 seconds more.

Atleast your O.K, bike is replaceable but it's still a loss both physically and mentally(emotionally?).

Hopefully you learnt some tips on fixing her up so when you get another one it wont be so hard to do
                    Success is nothing more then taking advantage of an opportunity.

Comment

If you need anything at all mate, just let me know. Glad to hear you're not too sure, but get checked out by your GP, just in case. Adrenaline and general soreness can often hide the true injuries.

I hope you at least took some decent pics of the bike once it was done
                      For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                      For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Did you eat it?

Comment

Dam Fonzy, Sad to see another ZX2R off the road,
                          Glad that you walked away
                          Formaly Greaper8

Comment

Originally posted by wolfy_9005 View Post
                            FUCK. Is the bike repairable again for the $3.2k?
                            doubt it....will have to ring insurance people today and find out excess ect n see if its worth making a claim

Originally posted by barfridge View Post
                            If you need anything at all mate, just let me know. Glad to hear you're not too sure, but get checked out by your GP, just in case. Adrenaline and general soreness can often hide the true injuries.

I hope you at least took some decent pics of the bike once it was done
                            cheers barfy, i recon i might go to the doctors today. Dont think i have any pictures fully finished it was nightime when it was completed. might have sme from halfway through though
                            SUCH IS LIFE

Originally posted by lee
                            I hope you choke on a donut, and when you do I'm going to inappropriately hit on your grieving widows.

Comment

Fucking hell dude

Glad you're ok...

Comment

Working...
                              X