Mekon's mini-off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mekon's mini-off

Norma road this afternoon (14:45) at the roundabout crossing McCoy in Myaree, I stopped to give way to a truck (who was to become my witness).

From behind I'm hit by an old mercedes and my back wheel goes up and onto the bonnet, all a bit surreal. I look down and I'm in a frozen stoppie position, then I look behind and he reversed dumping me on the road.

My brand new exhaust crumpled. He say's he didn't see me. That's original. Anyway off to the docs tomorrow, back and neck a bit sore.
    Bike chucked on back of trayback to Causeway Yamaha, insurance will chase him up. He pretty much admitted he was at fault and will pay everything. Quite a reasonable man after he'd listened to my tirade.

Thanks to Cam for the reassuring phone call. I think I just needed a laugh about the situation at that point.

Seriously murphies law. I just ordered the PCIII as well. FFS. Hope there's no frame damage.
    Originally posted by Abuse this
    Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

That sucks dude. Props for keeping it upright, though, I can't imagine it would have been easy.
    Good luck with the insurance stuff-around.
    FTP

Comment

It was rather an odd sensation. At one point I woul;d have had my feet on his bonnet then he dropped me. Lucky. The frame looks alright, but the exhaust is fubar.

Comment

How did you not go over? Little love tap from a mercedes sent me sprawling.
        Friends are like potatoes, if you eat them they die.

Comment

Pure luck, no fucking skill on my behalf I can tell you. Had plenty of laughs on the way back in the tow truck, I was a party to a handsfree call that ruined some poor prick's day, put my little crash into perspective.

Comment

damn, rear enders are always nasty. my sister is still having back and neck trouble 2 years after she was cleaned up.

Hope you're not too sore, make sure you see the doc, and lodge a claim with the insurance comission for all medical expenses.
            For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
            For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

The wife picked me up from out front of Causeway and said she'd booked me in for tomorrow with a surgery that does the compo and accident claims. So all good. Just had a warm bath. Fucking hurts now that I'm trying to relax. The guy that hit me has called to give me policy numbers etc. At least he isn't being a prick.

Can't believe it, I went out to buy a decent tea pot from that T2 place in booragoon and thought I'll just pop in to Jb hifi to pick up the newish Kasabian album and see if the new Mos Def album is out. Well I didn't get around to it.

Upside I've bought a N64 cheap on ebay to have some retro fun in my down time. PS3 is just too damned serious sometimes.

Comment

sorry to hear mekon, but good to see u in 'high' spirits lol
                "Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over"

Comment

Originally posted by mekon View Post
                  Fucking hurts now that I'm trying to relax.
                  Don't push yourself at all.

If you or Silv need a hand with anything, just let me know.

Need anything picked up, or need somebody to come and show you how real men play Mario Kart 64, all you need to do is ask
                  such comment
                  wow
                  many post

Comment

ha ha, you know it. I'm waiting for my ebay winnings to come to me. Thanks dude. I realised the line had gone dead and I was probably still waffling on to you thinking you were there. Funny.

Comment

Nothing like some games to kill the time! Although my 360 and PS2 is packed away, if that happend to me i'd have to sit up in a chair (Only have my PC for games now). Which i'd imagine would be quite painfull.

Sucks to hear man. Some people can be so stupid thinking a handsfree kit will keep you safe while on the phone, while driving. Hope ya get better soon, and hope ya bikes alright!

Comment

Oh dear.
                        I hope you get the bike sorted and you stay pain free!
                        All the best and have a good weekend!

Comment

Man, not good to hear. Glad you are relatively ok.

3 words.

Personal Injury Lawyer.
                          It has a dual purpose. ~ Tom Smitheringale

Comment

All the best with the injuries, bike and insurance mate .

Comment

Originally posted by mekon View Post
                              Norma road this afternoon (14:45) at the roundabout crossing McCoy in Myaree, I stopped to give way to a truck (who was to become my witness).

Seriously murphies law. I just ordered the PCIII as well. FFS. Hope there's no frame damage.
                              1. Myaree is a death trap for motorcycles, hell, it's dangerous even for cars. Atleast your O.K, but hopefully the back/neck injuries are only temporary.

2. Or do you...? Insurance should cover the lot. Make the other guy bleed until everything is the way it is/was supposed to be.
                              Success is nothing more then taking advantage of an opportunity.

Comment

Working...
                              X